Marsden's Aces V Young Chavs & Pikey's

P

paul williams 2

I've seen em roll!!

as you steam rollered me outa the way to get to my pike rod! ;)

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
shiver me timbers paul the marauders really have some dark tactics,I know what youre upto trying to put the wind up us young guns.me knees are twemblin at the thought of your neatly shotted quill floats.up the chavs!!!!!

owzatsteve

Reaction score
i,m in at 50 not sure what team though ,let me see ,, teeth ,yep , hair, no , mobility , mmm maybe, faculty,s and morals , all gone yep i,m in

P

paul williams 2

Dark tactics Gav?....not yet :)

Wendy.........see the light before it's to late, you know we....more mature fitter fellas know how to treat a lady!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
You see, these juveniles can't even post a considered reply let alone catch fish.

Ha! indeed.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Okay, I've considered it for a moment, Ha!

Watch and learn old uns, watch and learn!

Bring it on.......

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
listen hear you wicker warriors,do you lot know tackle shops sell maggots these days you dont have to breed your own ,also their are new fandangled groundbaits,put away the bran and that cheap white crumb youve been relying on since the turn of the last century.also do you know gaffes are a wee bit dated try getting yourself a landing net ,you never know one of you lot might get lucky,but i doubt it.Also before i go chuck them wax jackets on the tip they stink.Go on steve give em hell.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Don't take em lightly Gav, I know how competitive they are! But can they still tie a 20 spade by hand?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
wendy you dont listen to that paul character hes trying to corrupt you with his wicker ways,you stick with the young guns .Im sure his eye brows meet as well very shady.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I doubt whether most of em can even see a size 20 nether mind tie one steve.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I've spent the last two weeks trawling around my local bakeries for their leftovers. Crumbling, sifting and sieving by hand has created the most..........

..........appalling lump of stodge I've ever seen.

But I must say my "gozzers" are coming along just fine.

I can't even see the hook tier let alone the hook!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
thats the one neil,Just dont be considering shimmying up any trees for that lovely wasp cake,thats for us.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Neil,

Are these pi$$-quick flatbelly youngsters really serious about taking on the older, wiser and more experienced generation of (ex) match anglers?

They seem to talk the talk, but I fear they will stumble and fall when asked to walk the walk.

If so, then maybe a regional match, North and South, fished over 2 days on:
a) a River and b) a stillwater (commercial if they like) to proper rules could be arranged.

The 'older team limit should be any angler over the age of 40 as of January 1st. 2007 with no upper limit (in case Ron wants to fish the Northern leg:)

Teams of, shall we say 4 or 5 per team?

Other ideas?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I can't tie any bl@@dy spade by hand.

You need at least 5 hands to do it, I've tried it.

Last time (the only time) I used spade ends was at the last Clattercote match, I hooked one fish and the bleedin' knot gave out.

I used a knot tying gadget but obviously that was worthless.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
"walk the walk."???

They've only just taken off their stabilisers, let alone "walk the walk"!

Interesting suggestion PJ. Not wishing to sound too confident at this stage (might frighten them off) but I'll happily take 'em on anywhere, anytime!

Wendy, we have the grace and maturity to welcome you into our fold, especially as you can catch Pike! You won't regret it!

Paul, you'll fit in just fine and dandy, you obviously have all the right credentials.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
listen hear peter i happen to have a fear myself like would you hear the hooter to start and end the match.not sure how we could work the match out but im sure one of your lot would be better at that than the young guns ,and will probably make you feel useful again.Neil you are sounding way to confident,have you been to the bakers again,trust me its c$$p.how dare you old devils try and recruit the lovely wendy,dont take em on.