Memorial Match - Clattercote.

C

Carp Angler

All

Providing that the match goes ahead, (fingers crossed) hopefully Mike will post here as soon as he knows, then if anyone can add info on the fishing, with details on methods, remembering that the match is float only, and baits etc etc then all info will be greatly welcomed by all.

If anybody needs info on Clattercote, then try this site
here

If you need directions then try here
For complete trip directions, use the Directions tab at the top and enter your postcode and the destination postcode, the nearest local postcode to Clattercote is OX17 1AX.

If you are using Autoroute, then directions to Claydon, Oxfordshire is probably the nearest town.

G

Goose Ganderton

Rik I missed all the info on the match could you fill me in with some details and let me know if there are any places left.
Cheers

C

Carp Angler

It's on this Saturday, 7th April.
?5 fee if there are spaces left.
Mike will post here if the lake is open, so he'll read this and say wether there are spaces available.

G

Goose Ganderton

Sorry mate I'm taking the wife and kids away for a week from the 6th. Hopefuly I'll loose them and return alone (no such luck) Your up late Rik

C

Carp Angler

As always.
and I'm at home.

Off to play Counter Strike now.

C

Carp Angler

Ok, the match is definitely on as the lake is re-opening on the Saturday of our match.
So expect some very hungry fish.
Meeting times, places, draw times, pegging etc will be added later in the week.

How is everyone off for lifts?
Anyone struggling or has anyone got spare room?

K

Kelvin Moore

Ive never fished this water or even a match before so Im not expecting much!!!! Good to keep my expectations low I think ;-)

Has anyone any advice on baits and rigs etc etc etc, im thinking of maggot, corn, meat and maybe worm - is there anything else I need to consider. Hopefully Ill have my new pole by then and cant wait to catch my first carp on a pole Im sure its going to be something of an experience!!!!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

D

Dave Johnson

Carpy, can yo pick Dave preston up, just north of Clattercote........

lol

S

STUART JOHNSON

Anybody need a lift?. I'm travelling from Cheshire. Can pick up on the way down. Probabilly can fit one in. The car is a saloon with out reclining re seats so it will be a bit of a tight squeeze.

M

Mike Fidler

Clattercore.

Spoke to the Baliff today, and he will put us on where ever the fish are shoaling on the day, this happens to be the far boards at present. Fishing in about 12 feet of water for Pastie carp and tench. most baits have there day, so take a mix of whatever you fancy, these fish will have seen nothing for weeks remember so don't go balling in the ground bait as that will just kill it.

I'm trying to get permission for the BBQ at the moment but it looks as if we will have to forget that bit due to F&M restrictions.

Remember there are also some real lunkers in there pushing 20lb, so fish heavier than normal.

S

Stewart Bloor

Mike, can we fish on after the match and go for the biggies?

M

Mike Fidler

Sorry Sedge, looks like we will be getting kicked out at 6.00pm due to restrictions regarding F&M.

C

Carp Angler

What are the meeting times, draw times and fishing times Mike?

M

Mike Fidler

Meet at Clattercote from 9.00 am onwards.

The Draw will be around 9.45 - 10.00am depending on how quick people get there.

match start hopefully 10.30 but maybe 11.00am (see above)

fish till 4.00pm.

5.00pm presentation time in car park.

S

Stewart Bloor

Thanks Mike, off at 6.00pm because of F&M - I'm sure there is a reason why, just can't think of it....But I'll need to be at the car park anyway for 5.00 to receive my trophy...

G

Gary Knowles

Anyone know of a decent cafe nearby where we can get some breakfast prior to the match ?

C

Carp Angler

Mike might come back tonight on that one Gary.
He has been known to enjoy the occasional Olympic with extra toast.

David Preston

Reaction score
Do we know that it's definately 12' deep where we're fishing?

Coz I'll have to knock up some long rigs if it is.

S

STUART JOHNSON

Dave, try www.fisheries.co.uk click on clattercote for info. But it states 5-6 feet deep a rods lengh out to about 8 feet in the middle. 5feet at the top end near the lilies. 20 feet at the dam but I doubt we will be fishing there.