Memorial Match - Clattercote.

D

Dave Johnson

Dave, what are rigs.....do I tie them onto my waggler? how do I attach them to the feeder?
why are we fishing for pasties-wont there be a cafe nearby if we r hungry?
someone tried to sell me a pole rest at work today, but I could'nt work out how u know when your pole is tired.......

L

Lurking Joker

you know when your pole is tired cos it goes all floppy - stupid! typical chubster question that one....
Anyway thanks for the info everybody - I have still no idea what to do or take - I'll just be there...

D

Dave Johnson

Cheers Joker, bit of luck we will get pegged together again as on the Nene-bollox to the fishin-we'll just ave a larf.......

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
You may as well say b******s to the fishing. You never two have more chance of catching F&M.

By the way, who helped you put your ugly mug on here Joker? This is a family site, you shouldn't be frightening the kids.

D

Dave Johnson

well I'M LARFIN NOW....Ijust found out Dolphin tackle in Stoke do ready made rigs.......
and I now have two poles and I think Brummy should be MADE to fish with a pole!!!!

M

Mike Fidler

One of the nice things about these BW resevoirs is that no expense was spared in making the platforms. You will find at least 3 or 4 bank stick holders at the front of the platform, so you shouldn't need a full octoplus kit!

What's wrong with plumbing up and setting rigs on the day? Really, some people are just to lazy!

Sweet corn and pellet lads, dont forget those otherwise i'll be pocketin the pools...

D

Dave Johnson

Mike, run the average size of the carp past me again....was it 3lb?

M

Mike Fidler

Loads of small carp from a pound to some real pole smashers Dave, It sounds like we will see a few good tench as well.

D

Dave Johnson

well you know I dont own a pole, but I do know if I stick a 20 elastic on I will bump off some fish and if I go to light.....
what are you doin Mike?
I dont trust the others-they are upto no good-even Sedge, who we SHOULD ALL be able to trust

M

Mike Fidler

Me?

18-20ft rod with 4lb line and pole rig. He He He!!!!

I'll stop anything on that baby, but also light enough to catch the small stuff if necessary.

D

Dave Johnson

not running line though?

you mean one of those cruncher things?

David Preston

Reaction score
Mike Fidler's got a nasty shock coming if he thinks he'll land more than 2 or 3 proper 'uns in 5 hours on 4 lb line!

18's laccy and proper gear on the pole and you'll land 'em in no time.

D

Dave Johnson

YEAH YOU LANDED YOURS PRETTY QUICK ON SATURDAY DAVE....
LOL

L

Lurking Joker

Coop's, Iknow this is a family site, but you know me. the pic's been floating around for quite a while, but then again if you look closer you will see that it definately looks like a face of concern! not....
Chub - as for pegging next to you, if your using a 20 foot rod -I'll let Tony sit in the middle of us, me I'll be using the pole, so I can reach your swim and give a gentle push or whatever when I see you catching...oh and don't forget to put deisal on your baits first!!

S

Stewart Bloor

Who mentioned Octopusses..I think it's disgusting taking a sea creature from its natural environment and putting it in a reservoir just so anglers can get pleasure from catching unusual species..I agree with you totally Mike..leave your octopus at home..whoever you are, you should be ashamed of yourself...

K

Kelvin Moore

Mike,

the two guys that had planned to come down with me have now pulled out so if anyone wants them they can have the places.

S

Stewart Bloor

Ah well, nobody fell for my octplus wind up...just for that I might turn up in a little red number..see you Sat...

M

Malcolm Bason

Good luck to everyone on Saturday! Let the best man win - oops, sorry - I won't be there!!! he he he he.

Seriously I hope its a good day, and I will try to get along to say hello to a few peeps - depending on leg situation???

You'll easily recognise me - apart from being exceedingly good looking (ahem! cough!), I'll be the short fat bloke with glasses and a limp! :eek:)

P

Paul Williams

Mind that pegleg in those boards, or you'll be the WET short fat bloke with glasses and a limp....hmmmm must pack my saw!!
I have a problem! my mate who was going to loan me a second keepnet is working away and ain't going to get back, can anyone get their hands on another for the day?.....please.