Memorial Match - Clattercote.

M

Malcolm Bason

I might just bring me kit yet!!! I wonder if Mike will allow me to pay on the day? I only have one keep net as well though. MIKE ARE YOU THERE MIKE?

P

Paul Williams

Pegleg,
i'm sure their are a couple of spaces free.....slip me a tenner and i'll clear it with Mike.
If no one has a spare net i'll return the silver fish as i catch them and just weigh in carp.....if the carp switch on it may pay to have a rota for weighmen that way we can keep the numbers of carp in nets to a minimum, what do you all think?

M

Malcolm Bason

I have'nt got a pole! I have a 20ft rod though - is that allowed? I'm not really interested in being included in the match though, to be honest, I would just like to enjoy the day. Mind you the one's I would catch will be too big for the keepnets anyway!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

M

Mike Fidler

Malcolm your very welcome, I'm using my 20ft rod myself so your ok.

Sedge, update on staying on after the match, as far as the baliff is concerned thats ok. Unfortunatly the BBQ is still off though.

M

Malcolm Bason

Thanks Mike! I may not stay all day - I'll see! I will be there - Is it ?5.00 ??? Is there anything else to pay?

C

Carp Angler

Probably some pools and then the donation to Graham and Dai for the trophy.

It'll be good to see you Peggy.
If only to take the mick.

M

Malcolm Bason

I always say Carp, that 'if you give it, you gotta be prepared to take it'! I certainly give it some at times, so........... bring it on big fella! ha ha ha ha ha

S

Stewart Bloor

Mike, that's great...what time can we stay till, is there a limit...anyone else staying behind for some quality blanking, I mean fishing with Sedge...

P

Paul Williams

There will be nought left to catch...i'm a baggin machine, in fact you may as well go home after breakfast. :eek:)

M

Mike Fidler

I was thinking of taking tut baggin' wagglers and get em all feeding on the top at forty yards and then making you all pig sick as I pull out carp after carp, but I've banned myself from using it to give you all a chance.

however chaps don't overlook the margin fishing, the real big un's live under the boards but you will need strong tackle to stop there first run.

Sedge as far as I know fish as long as you want. But I'm sure the boy's will be relocating to the local hostlery to find a decent mixed grill and a pint of best.

C

Carp Angler

Oh yes, but a pint of best lager, none of that flat, warm, poofy, Northern yuck.

M

Malcolm Bason

"Oh yes, but a pint of best lager," and I suppose you put lime in it too!!!

M

Malcolm Bason

The weather was crap - but who cares!

Congratulations to whoever won in the end - was it Rik?

I must say it was nice to see you chaps, sorry I didn't get to speak to everyone, but some of you know the reason I wasn't at my best. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can have another get-together - and next time I will be nipping along between the pegs to see how you are all getting along.

Cheers!

M

Mike Fidler

Thanks malcolm, it was good to see you too!

We struggled a little to find a pub for the presentation, bot eventually found one in Banbury.

Stu Dexter came 1st with four carp for 12lb odd. Rik was 2nd with the biggest fish at 9lb 151/2oz and I came 3rd with a tench for 2lb 81/2oz, just pipping Brummie for it.

S

Stewart Bloor

Is it hardly surprising I blanked? In the two pegs to my left I had Grommice The Wallet Marsden and Limestone Preston and to the right I had Dave Colclough and Gary Knowles...And when Gary started throwing his sandwiches into the lake every duck in Oxfordshire appeared...mind, I wasn't too hard on him, after all it's the only time in his life he's had birds after him...

C

Carp Angler

It was good to meet everyone.
I would've liked to have spent more time chatting, but some of us were too busy catching fish...........