Memorial Match - Clattercote.

M

Malcolm Bason

I had wondered where the bread came from Sedge, now I know!

With the newly-titled 'Grommice the Wallet Marsden' to my right, and 'Carp' to my left - I was in such good company - I thought I'm bound to catch! Alas, it was'nt to be!

Well done Stu, Rik and Mike!!!

P

Paul Williams

Sedge is already in training for his next match...he is determined to get to the "bottom" of his recent run of blanks.
He has decided to experiment with the moon theory as a last gasp ploy....problem is i think he's a little mixed up!! anyway he decided to get into practice straight away, starting at the pub presentation....poor Gary Knowles was so embarrassed!!!! he didn't know where to look!!......and Gay Emblem didn't know if he was coming or going, someone is gonna have to explain the moon theory to Sedge cos he's got it all wrong!!!.....we are all barred from the best pub in Banbury now!!

D

Dave Johnson

well done Stu,Rik and Mike, and I think Brummie managed to foulhook something too.
bloody hard work with a pole in that wind and when the rain started and I forgot my brolly-I wished I was shopping somewhere with the wife....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
By the end of that grueller I was wishing I could foul-hook something........

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
I wish we had gone straight to the pub. Or stayed in the Tesco cafe. (oh no, we couldn't do that could we with fart arse Bibby around trying to poison the kids. We would have been thrown out eventually.

As for the fishing, it was one of those days that after 10 minutes you knew you were gonna struggle. It felt all wrong, something was amiss. Found at later on what it was.

Pegleg - an apology. I didn't even know you were there yesterday, so sorry I didn't say hello. Catch you next time.

Coop.

M

Mike Fidler

Dave, I'm sorry about that, i'll be complaining to British Waterways tomorrow.

S

Stewart Bloor

What was it...complaining about what...have I missed something?

C

Carp Angler

BW have been feeding 5 tons of pellet a day into the lake since its been shut.

Small wonder there weren't any fish within pole range.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse about not catching anything. At least if they'd told us that beforehand we could have gone prepared with long range gear. As it was, most of us didn't.

G

Gary Knowles

All,

Like I said to Graham in the pub, its a good job we can all have a laugh !

Although it would have been nice if everyone had bagged up it doesn't really matter on a day like that. It was good to meet some old mates........and (hopefully) one or two new ones.

Forget the fishing there were many highlights to the day. Breakfast - that was tremendous, well it would have been if Eddie the Tornado had not emptied his guts onto the little girl sat behind him. Poor girl came in with long blonde hair and wen't home with a brown perm !

There was Limestone and Thomo's trip to Watford gap (perhaps Limestone should now be known as 'the Navigator).

Then back in the pub it was nice to see Graham hadn't lost his touch - stiching Big Rik into getting a round. Mind you I don't think Sedge was too impressed, though it was good to see a man of the cloth turn the other cheek !

After a few pints I even began to understand what Brummie Paul was saying - up till that point I was using Sedge as a translator.

Top day, top blokes........look forward to the next one.

Gary

aka Barney

S

Simon Thompson

Yep, it would of been nice to have a fish or two, but good to see everyone
although I've seen enough of Sedge to last me a lifetime.
Joker and Barney on top form as usual - Joker you'll be gald to know that
the pole and seat box are going straight back to my mate and I'll be sending
you a bill for the pole cap.
Thanks to Mike and Graham for setting it up and looking forward to the next
one.

Thomo
PS Cheers to Limestone for Navigating - (I didn't know that Aberdeen was
on the M6 but we past it on the way back!!)

R

Rob Brownfield

Aberdeen on the M6...????? We dont have a motorway anywhere near us!!!