Never again

Reaction score
No problem Bryan.

Just an old Gibber claiming to have a ****y ticker moaning about the long walk, teh mud the shite, the fences, the ever rising river, the rain, the shite, the mud, the dark, the sheep....

****y ticker! He flew up that hill once he knew it was home time and nurse was heating up the cocoa.

The man's a winging, pickpocketing menace.

S

Sean Meeghan

Tee hee! Just wait until you come over to the Swale /forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I remember a BS talk given at wetherby by Martin Bowler on fishing the Bristol Avon in flood. He was advising things like tying a safty line to yourself and then to a tree for safty.

He could not understand why evertbody was laughthing until the day after when they took him to the Swale.

He then understood why the laughter as the tree would also be traveling downstream.

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Is it a long walk?</blockquote>Bloody hope so!!.
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Sean Meeghan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Tee hee! Just wait until you come over to the Swale /forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Give him some shite Sean, teach the young boy a lesson <blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (se</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

****y ticker! He flew up that hill once he knew it was home time and nurse was heating up the cocoa.

The man's a winging, pickpocketing menace.</blockquote>

Wouldnt you fly up the hill for nursey?.

I took the forceps off you because you kept poking them down holes, and waving them round,they are not a toy.

Reaction score
I took the forceps off you because you kept poking them down holes, and waving them round,they are not a toy.

They might not be a toy, but they are MINE you thieving geriatric! I hope your neighbours don't have small children....good god I shudder to think what might happen.

Reaction score
I would like to make it explicitly clear that Mr. Corker's forceps came nowhere near any hole of mine! He was a lot further upstream. If I had known it was that sort of trip I wouldn't have gone.

As a Grammar School boy we heard of these Etonian practices but were too common to be allowed to participate. I believe the old laws of Forcep Insertion were developed at Uppingham by by the Honorable Thitus Wince - later Viscount Biscuit -who practiced on his fag Strand - who Wince was frequently alone with.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Phew, and i was gonna join ya's!

I went Sat afternoon, i'd have died if i would have tried to fish it, so i went home/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Don't forget my invite for next time guys, especially now i got my radac membership back/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Right - you're on - just how many guests are you allowed on the RADAC ticket? - we'll all bring along our forceps - I had two sets of forceps and some long nosed pliers with me on Friday-but I kept them safely locked away

Morespiders

Reaction score
Long nose plier's, you never said you had long nose plier's with you, Sir, good job you didnt let Mr Corker see them.

I wonder what the boy was upto?, he asked me if I had any.

Boy Corker, WTF did you really want the long nose pliers for?.

c/mon Boy spit it out.<blockquote class=quoteheader>Wendy Perry 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I went Sat afternoon, i'd have died if i would have tried to fish it, so i went home/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif</blockquote>

By Saturday afternoon it had dropped 6ft, If you had been there in the dark, and heard the noise it was making you would have died twice.

Reaction score
Waggler down the middle wasn't successful......although a nice person downstream of Preston emailed me to say I had a knock/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif<blockquote class=quoteheader>Wendy Perry 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I went Sat afternoon, i'd have died if i would have tried to fish it, so i went home/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif</blockquote>

We nearly died climbing that *****y hill.

It was the inevitability of knowing I would slip in the mud and start sliding towards that river....it reminded of the scene in Lord of the Rings where they stop at the entrance to the Mine's of Moria and are attacked by "The Watcher in the Water"

Which is worrying as that probably means Morespiders is Gandalf. I'm Legless the Dipso Elf.(or Aragorn - the romantic lead!!!) and Corkers.....Gimli or Frodo...hmmmmmmm

Blooming stupid book anyway!

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Tell them about the lady with the cup Corky. You missed your chance, you were in there lad.

Deanos

Reaction score
"Tee hee! Just wait until you come over to the Swale"

Well, Sean might well laugh!

In my last outing with this man, I also endured a day full of rain AND mud...rain in biblical proportions, AND THREE HOURS ON ALL FOURS CRAWLING OVER VERY SHARP STUBBLE IN THE DARK trying to find my way out of a field back to the car!.

AND THE CHIP SHOP WAS BLOODY SHUT WHEN I FINALLY GOT HOME!

You may not know, but Sean is a very accomplished mountaineer, I on the other hand am not!....and until you have actually managed to get down a bank to fish this bloody river in the dry, you shall never know how hard it is to get back up again as the black sludge pours down from the fields.

My crisps got wet! my hob nobs got soggy, and my pop bottle bobbed off down stream along with me mams peg bag in which I had transported my tackle to the banks of "THERIVER OF THE DEAD".

I can only suggest that if you arrange to go fishing with anyone off FM, YOU ARRANGE FOR A FULL POLICE CHECK FIRST, some of these buggers are bloody nutters!

AND YES SEAN!....YOU TELL THEM WHO CAUGHT THE BIGGEST GUDGEON!

Mr More Spiders, I understand what you went through!...it is important that you warn the more responsible members of FM about venturing out with what I can only describe as the "LUNATIC FRINGE" from this site

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!

Deanos

Reaction score
And if I find out who keeps leaving little blue plastic whales all over the bloody bank, I will have their guts for garters!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Deano's i'd love a day with you and sean on the Swale, it would be a laugh a minute!