Press Manor Fly Fish-in (10th May 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
The Brownie i had on dry was from under the trees were you were fishing Chavender./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

CAT

Reaction score
Had a good days fly fishing and nice to meet you all,Bryan was a worthy winner, i was well happy with my biggest rainbow 3lb12which put a good bend in the rod just before lunch, i was frying like a sausage on that dam head in the afternoon and i had to get some shade or die, lol

Imanaged to takeone rainbow on an hares ear nymph after lunch but it was hard work in that sun.

Congratulations again Bryan /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
bryan , i'm glad you got one from there ,i could see them milling around there in the shade and occasionally taking the odd natural off the surface (usually right next to mine) I just couldn't get them too take ,probably poor choce of fly or what ever but still fun trying ,strangest thing was ,my casting was better when sat down to get under the branches than when i was standing ! casting strait out /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif, mind you every year after the fishinI always swear i'm going to put some casting practce in or get some lessons to sort it out ! (well thats the trouble with being self taught too many bad habits ! ,lack of timng & rythem) but i never do ,I might just do it this year?

Trebor

Reaction score
Hi lads,

Just want to say thanks for a great day in scorching weather and in pleasant surroundings.

This was my first attempt at fly fishing for at least 15yrs so it was quite a challenge. I even managed to tempt a rainbow of about 1lb. It must have been the smallest fish in the lake though and was probably feeling sorry for me.

Thanks in particular to Bryan Baron for lending me your spare outfit for the day, much appreciated mate - cheers. Sorry I lost the fly on the lake bed though!

Maybe see you all on there next time.

Cheers,

Trebor

Jon Warrener

Reaction score
It was my first FM event and my first time fishing Press Manor. I really enjoyed the day; the fishing, the venue, the social side and the weather - even though the heat and brightness made the fishing harder.

I'm a very raw beginner at this fly fishing lark but I after trying most of the morningand failing to tempt the brownie that was feeding on the surface under a tree to my left to take a dry fly- I reverted to my predator angler instincts and got two rainbows on a big flashy lure. The second one was easiest my biggest rainbow to date but unfortunately I didn't weigh or photograph it.

Immediately afterlunch I got another fish on something like my third cast sofora glorious short whileI think I may have been leading the match! I was never gonna trouble the podium though and well to Bryan on his haul.