Princes Albert Angling Society

morston1

Reaction score
Have they got any decent waters near Ross on Wye please chaps?

Hi Graham

They have a good stretch of the Wye at Huntsham....used to be a fair stretch for Salmon. They also have a lot Of fishing on the River Severn around Atcham and as far upstream as Welshpool and beyond plus the Teme etc.

Including some good stretches for Barbel.

I have not been a member or several years but used to fish the Severn a fair bit.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Thanks Dan for the pm's.
I was hoping for some Severn with nightfishing nearish but no joy.

mikench

Reaction score
Update on this amazing club! I attended the compulsory meeting held in a school on Holmes Chapel. I naively thought there might be a dozen or so attendees but set off early. I was amazed to see signs on the access road for PAAS meeting and then men wearing PAAS jackets directing traffic into the car park. There were already dozens of cars. By 10. 30 the car park was full and people were parking on adjacent roads. There were over 150 attendees:)

Inside the school and with a degree of efficiency and professionalism found only at major conferences , I was directed to a desk to collect an envelope containing my club card, car sticker and key. I was then directed to a further desk(all manned by 4 officials) to collect a goodie bag containing a large A4 folder and professionally prepared maps and details of all the 220 or so waters arranged alphabetically inside. This info is just amazing and the maps are very detailed. Each sheet contains specific rules.

About 150 members were attending to their first compulsory meeting!:) the presentations which lasted an hour were friendly, useful, informative and not a bit stuffy or overly formal. If the fishing matches up to the admin then I am in for a treat. Too many waters however for someone like me to do justice to!

So far so good Prince Albert! I will give the closest water a try tomorrow!

Last edited:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Update on this amazing club! I attended the compulsory meeting held in a school on Holmes Chapel. I naively thought there might be a dozen or so attendees but set off early. I was amazed to see signs on the access road for PAAS meeting and then men wearing PAAS jackets directing traffic into the car park. There were already dozens of cars. By 10. 30 the car park was full and people were were parking on adjacent roads. There were over 150 attendees:)

Inside the school and with a degree of efficiency and professionalism found only at major conferences , I was directed to a desk to collect an envelope containing my club card, car sticker and key. I was then directed to a further desk(all manned by 4 officials) to collect a goodie bag containing a large A4 folder and professionally prepared maps and details of all the 220 or so waters arranged alphabetically inside. This info is just amazing and the maps are very detailed. Each sheet contains specific rules.

About 150 members were attending to their first compulsory meeting!:) the presentations which lasted an hour were friendly, useful, informative and not a bit stuffy or overly formal. If the fishing matches up to the admin then I am in for a treat. Too many waters however for someone like me to do justice to!

So far do good Prince Albert! I will give the closest water a try tomorrow!

Blimey Mike apon viewing the clubs website that has surely gotta be the biggest club in the country what with around 250 waters unbelievable mate and for about £120 to me has gotta be complete bargain,

Wish I had waters like that down here in Kent :D

Me personally Mike I'd definitely join up :thumbs:

mikench

Reaction score
And now your party piece is a John Thomas that can do a fair impression of Herman Munster.;)

Mine is 12 inches but I do not use it as a rule:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Blimey Mike apon viewing the clubs website that has surely gotta be the biggest club in the country what with around 250 waters unbelievable mate and for about £120 to me has gotta be complete bargain,

Wish I had waters like that down here in Kent :D

Me personally Mike I'd definitely join up :thumbs:
Time will tell Stuart but having received an invitation to join I could not resist. It is reputed to be the biggest fishing club in Europe with 10,000 members and 3,000 on the waiting list;)

Too many waters though ; I hardly know where to start! In fact I am going to visit the closest called Rossmere about a mile away! I will be on my best behaviour:rolleyes:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Mine is 12 inches but I do not use it as a rule:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Time will tell Stuart but having received an invitation to join I could not resist. It is reputed to be the biggest fishing club in Europe with 10,000 members and 3,000 on the waiting list;)

Too many waters though ; I hardly know where to start! In fact I am going to visit the closest called Rossmere about a mile away! I will be on my best behaviour:rolleyes:

Blimmin heck, I could see from there website that it looked big but 10.000 members and 3.000 on the list and being the biggest in Europe, no wander they had officials wearing the club jackets as car park attendants :D from the massive amount of waters they've got, to to honest I was actually blown away scrolling down the list :eek:

Hope you find some suitable waters, not as if there short of a few :rolleyes:

Be lucky

The bad one

Reaction score
Blimmin heck, I could see from there website that it looked big but 10.000 members and 3.000 on the list and being the biggest in Europe, no wander they had officials wearing the club jackets as car park attendants :D from the massive amount of waters they've got, to to honest I was actually blown away scrolling down the list :eek:

Hope you find some suitable waters, not as if there short of a few :rolleyes:

Be lucky

It's a bit like Hotel California.... You can checkout, but you can never leave :D 41 years Man and Boy and I've still not fished all the coarse waters.

Mike you have mail

mikench

Reaction score
It's a bit like Hotel California.... You can checkout, but you can never leave :D 41 years Man and Boy and I've still not fished all the coarse waters.

Mike you have mail

Sorry I saw your message before I read your post Phil! I am in awe of all the waters and options available; a bit daunting in truth!;)

jon atkinson

Reaction score
Update on this amazing club! I attended the compulsory meeting held in a school on Holmes Chapel. I naively thought there might be a dozen or so attendees but set off early. I was amazed to see signs on the access road for PAAS meeting and then men wearing PAAS jackets directing traffic into the car park. There were already dozens of cars. By 10. 30 the car park was full and people were parking on adjacent roads. There were over 150 attendees:)

So far so good Prince Albert! I will give the closest water a try tomorrow!

I'll look forward to your reports Mike! I did look into applying myself but didn't go for it on the grounds that none of their waters are within 45 minutes of me & most are quite a bit more than that. I don't mind the occasional road trip to fish but prefer to keep it relatively local generally. I probably should have taken advantage when I lived in Macclesfield, but perversely I used to track back to Merseyside to do pretty much all of my fishing in those days :eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
As do I Jon and fortunately there are lots of waters close by! I will report back on my experiences good or bad;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mike, paas have their own website in case you fancy a look on there, I think you need to register first though.

mikench

Reaction score
I have Ian! It is a bit long winded but I managed it. I await an email from a mod to confirm I may participate and offer an opinion or two!:) I am going to try the closest water to me today.