River Itchen Grayling day

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Just a reminder that I need cheques for ?16.00 from everyone asap.So far I have not had any.The booking will not be secured until we pay.If those who do not have my address from the Kennet day could e-mail that would be great.

Thanks

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Nigel, you should have had mine, I posted it first class.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I didn't, it was my missus frittering money away as usual. I have a reputation to uphold.

P

paul williams 2

My cheque will be in post tomorrow am.......sorry there will be no stamp! ;)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

The up to date list is:

Nigel Connor
Warren Gaunt
Lee Swords
Andy Renton
Michael Townsend
Graham Marsden
Sash
Mark Wintle
Paul Williams
Mark Hewitt
Andy Nellist
John Huntley
Bully
Peter J
Coops
Frosty
DB and Jeff
Neil
Matt B
Barry Edney

Wendy and Yoggy cannot make it.

If anyone else wants to go on the reserves list, please post.

Keep those cheques rolling in!!

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
limited access to a pc at the momment, i'm away from home. sort a cheque out as soon as i'm home.

Frosty

Reaction score
Cheque will be posted first class tomorrow. I am travelling down from sunny West Yorkshire does anybody else live this far north and fancying car-sharing to keep one company, its a long way 'darn south'.

Steve.

Frosty

Reaction score
Going grayling fishing tomorrow on my local river. Weather conditions look ideal plus the river is in tip-top condition. I have managed to acquire an old spliced tipped tricast float rod in excellant condition from an old match-man from the local tackle shop. Lets hope it brings us plenty of success.

I will let you know the results tomorrow.

Steve.

P

paul williams 2

Frosty...thats freaky!

Today i went hunting the local shops for a good old fashioned stick float rod.

A fella heard me chatting and took me to one side and said he had just the tool....a 20yr old spliced tip rod.

To cut a long story short he took me to his garage and let me have it for next to nothing.....he explained he is 70 now and would rather someone use it because he can't walk to the river swims any more.

I'll cherish it! and it feels superb!

Frosty

Reaction score
Thats what happened to me as well, very freaky.

I have just tried the 'pin on it and it feels wonderful and balanced. Can't wait for dawn now.

These old, well respected fisherman must have some real gems stashed away.

B

Bully

What a fine list of anglers Nige - plus WoL! Cheque sent yesterday.....this time with the right surname!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"this time with the right surname"

Dullardnomates?

Frosty

Reaction score
Cracking day yesterday targeting the grayling. Felt like the coldest start of the season with a heavy ground frost up in Yorkshire. The new rod was a 'treat' to use. Initially I went to my 'banker' swim to try for some chub, after a slow start feeding maggots they eventually came on the feed but only the smaller fish were showing. To warm the toes I went roaming for the grayling, plenty were caught up to a pound plus the odd rouge spotty. It is a pleasure trotting with a float and makes a welcome change from sitting behind a quiver. A grand day out.