River Itchen Grayling day

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Graham i wouldn't skinny dip around paul williams are you mad!!!

yeah but it's an offer you can't refuse paul :)

C

Coops

WHATS IN THIS RIVER?????

It's the ITCHEN!!!!! One of THE most famous rivers FULL STOP!!! WHATS IN IT?

If Major Upyerarse heard you say such a thing he would have you flogged with a number 7 tapered floater.

Sort her out Brummie! She could seriously upset the gentry!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I am soooooo looking forward to this one!

Brummie, the only smoothies up your way are served in Burger King!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
"whats in this river?"

For a start there's water, gin clear (usually), fairly shallow and moving at a reasonable pace.

In that water there are some spotty things which absolutely love maggots! Rainbows, browns and possibly some salmon and sea trout. Plenty of grayling, dace, roach and perch. Maybe some barbel but don't mention them or those from up the Trent way will invade!

There are sure to be a few pike but lobbing a dead bait or lure into these stately waters may be frowned upon and may be met with a volley from a Purdey (best check the rules first).

The bankside lawns will be nicely mowed, all nice and stripey and one should walk on the stripey bit that's "laying away" from you (musn't ruffle the grass the wrong way).

When passing a fellow anlger, bid him/her (note to Nigel: check ladies are allowed on this hallowed turf) "Good day kind Sir" (because he's likely to be a Sir).

Best method: Upstream loose feed (and plenty of it) 3 lively maggots on a 14.

P

paul williams 2

I'll have a word in Wendys ear on the way down Coops......by the time we get there i'll have her down to our level!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
hahaha as long as you don't get me... speaking brum!

ooops sorry guys i didn't know this was a famous kinda river and i'm sure Sir whatchamacallit will allow me to fish ;)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I was planning to buy Coops and Brummie a drink, but they've blown it now they've upset me.

C

Coops

See what I mean Brummie, any excuse. He's making out he's sensitive and easily upset now, bless him.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Whats this 'Wol' look fing all about. Didnt see the Times, what week was that Paul?

Going down to the fishery soon with Nellist for a day so will give a details on how we get on with a good few pics to give you a good idea on what its all about.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Oi, unfortunately they were the only floats i had, a little large i know but less of the pi55 taking cause i caught loads n loads and more than you and my dads bigger than yours and i bet you a million pounds i can beat you at marbles so there.

L

little sister ( Jeff )

I thought we were fishing, nobody said anything about marbles and bringing your dad ( mines a pain in the ) .

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Wol, I've got loads of yellow topped sticks! Knock on me bivvy door (are we allowed bivvies???), I will gladly lend you some.

;-)