Swordsys (5th) barbelTrent fish-in

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Wiktor z Polski wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Can somebody who knows where well be fishing and knows the area let me have a tel number just in case I get all confused and lost or something stupid happen.I will be travelling fear distance and don't want to waist more then 3h driving from n.wales.Cheers

ShivaNaziKiller/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif </blockquote>

you can pm me if you don`t want everybody to see your number and I will do the same for you.

Excuse my spelling mistakes

Paul B

Reaction score
Wiktor, I've only been to collinghamonce and am just as likely to get lost as you. Looks to me like you need to enable your messaging as i've no "message member" icon showing at the bottom of your messages.

Reaction score
Thanks Paul B.

You were right about the messaging icon,my fault.

I was start getting paranoid about my roots,you know the stuff you read in angling times etc about poles. Some just go little bit too far with accusations.

I cant wait to do some barbel fishing and see the experts,I`m just worried that I end up in wrong Collingham and miss the event or spend more time driving then fishing,mind you I`m in 2 minds if i can make my way there on Friday evening and be ready for sat am. I booked time of from my missus and kids,she knows that I am mad about fishing .

There is not many places to fish for barbel up my sticks so I`m very exited on the prospect of catching one or two.

Is it the collingham north of newark-on-trent? Between mansfield and lincoln?

Can Lee or somebody send me some directions please.

Wiktor

G

Geoff Cowen

Wiktor, Pegs 1 to 25 are above (up-stream) the third map link from Paul. I will be there from Friday lunch time on.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Just returned from the Trent and it is fishing very well!

I was doing some shooting with Bob Roberts and Stuart Walker and had a LOT of good sized barbel (no doubles) and some truly exceptional chub with fish going to very close to 5lb ( Bob had one at 5lb 40z)

Pellet was order of the day!

Paul B

Reaction score
ok, thicky daft question time - are we meeting on the first 25 pegs or the top 25 pegs or are they one and the same?

How much are the day tickets please?

where do we get the catfish for the bbq? can't find any locally/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Regards, Confused of Warrington.

plan is to get there "early" sat morn.

Paul B

Reaction score
Good luck Paul, shame you can't make it. Guess i'll have to buy my own ice-cream this time/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

CRITTER

Reaction score
good look you all who go....im gonna be stook on the door of spearmint rhinos sheffield ,oh well someone has to/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

will make the next one lee. trying to sort a valley session if your still interested.

Reaction score
Well fellow anglers I have to share my happines with you.After first day and night fishing on trent I only manage to get 1 nice bream about 4.5lb but on sunday it all turn around and after moving to another peg, I had 1 perch and 5 whiskers between 7 and 9.5lb/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

My pb from last year was doubled!!!!!!and I lost 1 whoper that smashed my 12lb line!Next time I will have to upgrade to 15lb line.

It was pleasure to meet you Geef,Paul and Lee.

I hope we will do it again before too long.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Glad you had a good time Wiktor.

Something came up last minute i was unable to attend this year. Hopefully make the next one.

Paul B

Reaction score
Wiktor, it was a pleasure to meet you also. I'm glad your persistence paid off. look out for the Severn and Ribble fish ins as i'm sure you'd enjoy them too.

edited due to stupidly sensitive touch-pad; i hate laptops!!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

G

Geoff Cowen

Well done Wictor; thanks to everyonefor the company and having a good laugh.

Reaction score
Thanks chaps for the good word/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif I know that rest of you guys had couple of good whiskers too/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.It wasn't just me who catch them.

I wish the Trent be much closer to me,I would have to be there almost every day,such a good experience.

Does anyone know good place to fish on Severn(its bit closer to ruthin in n.wales) and want to show me place or two will be very welcome./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

CRITTER

Reaction score
sorry lee, been away.Im working Friday and sat night this week ill put you on the guest list if you want matey/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

whens the write up coming for the Trent fest i have just missed.