The Bristol Avon fish-in, Jan 23rd/24th.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Im still looking forward to it,been starved of rivers far too long plus theres the social side of the fish in to look forward too aswel

preston96

Reaction score
on a pier you land lovers are all the same.

I didn't know you were going Speci......i may come now just so i can puke on you to..................even if it's switched to the canal! :D

Seriously though fellas, Steve doesn't have much luck when he invites us down to his river........but dispite niggling rain all day, we had a great days fishin a couple of years ago when Steve had to switch us to the canal.......and the social was awesome :w:w:w:w;bp:w:w:w

If i could do links to it i would.....but i can't :wh

Steve....i dont know if i can make it, but i will if i can.

Last edited:

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
You're all cheering me up now, I thought most would back out of it.

The social side of it is certainly something to look forward to, it's even better when people stay over as opposed to rushing off home, although I do understand some have to.

Fingers crossed it will be okay.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Would be great if you can Paul, I love hearing your fishy stories and watching you take my canal apart for perch, big uns too! And sharing a giggle over a cider with you too ;)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Seen that one too Speci, I like him, he loves his fishing.

Can you imagine being on the coast in this??? We've got some cod, but not like what it used to be. I've done my sea fishing time, you gotta be mental to go where we went. Up and over Brean Down, pitch black and the tillies blew out, grabbed me mates collar as he was about to step off the cliff.....

Nah....

The lovely Bristol Avon for me from now on.....

Specihunter

Reaction score
I'm mental enough to go sea fishing any weather . But I'm looking forward to fishing the Bristol Avon.

Reaction score
Been down the Mersey this afternoon ' marginal ice whereever slack or slow water...one small stretch just downstream of motorway bridge below Stockport has ice third of the way across. What's BAvon like at moment??

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The BA looks fabulous.....
But the thaw has begun!
If it carries on thawing we might be okay?

Rog Hill

Reaction score
I've been looking forward to fishing*** ever since we stopped off in the pub overlooking it. One of the best bad weather venues you can have, 5 real ales, cider you can stand a fork in and good grub. What more do you want?

Last edited by a moderator:

Specihunter

Reaction score
any details yet on what time we are starting. Posh and Paul I will explain what weather I have been sea fishing this year.

Rickrod

Reaction score
we are to get a load of snow down here tomorrow