The New FishingMagic

Windy

Reaction score
And there was I, back in the dark and distant days of page 4 of this thread, trying to take it back on topic with some serious stuff. Ah well.

And FYI young Corkie, four days of Salmonella food poisoning has done its work too well, far from full of it I'm as empty as a very empty thing /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Jon Jagger

Reaction score
How about being able to list words of interest in your profile and then if any of those words appear in a thread you are sent an email?

Windy

Reaction score
/\ I like that idea, not a facility I've ever encountered on any forum, but interesting... tho you'd have to pick your words with care or it would generate millions and millions of useless emails. Hint of the day, do not pick 'fish' as your key word /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Jon Jagger

Reaction score
or "the"

Yeah it would need some kind of filtering. But I think it could work. The.

Muffin

Reaction score
I've seen on some other sites the ability to vote or set up a vote in a forum message.

Such as: Please vote on the best bait to catch oversize Gudgeon:
  1. Luncheon Meat
  2. Pellet
  3. Boilie
  4. Sweetcorn
  5. Maggots
  6. Etc

Or even for bait box and Matt Corker, that he could gauge peoples views on the most common type of stool.

Simon

M

MCMILLIGAN

It would be better aswell to have pages just for a certain fish e.g roach, you could have a page setup with methods, best baits etc

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
You could end up with too much, which could make the side very difficult to navigate. I like it as is, and would like to see just subtle improvements.

Muffin

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mark Hewitt wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You could end up with too much, which could make the side very difficult to navigate. I like it as is, and would like to see just subtle improvements.</blockquote>
I agree, there is a very good search function that works well and allows for particular species threads or discussions to be retrieved.

S

Shrek

I'd like a Classifieds section as the current one is awkward to find and you can't easily see what's in there.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
I agree on full details on profile, especially location, and lets get Kev Perkins, and the regular contributors back pronto on a regular basis, their efforts have been greatly missed.

Hits counter for articles to give the boys some encouragement

I think a young anglers section would be a good addition, maybe a slight tweak of the Beginners section.

A UFO section where all sightings can be reported and co-ordinated by MarT

Product comparisons would also be a good idea but this would have to have 2 sections, Tackle Tarts and the rest of us.

A regular "Guess the weight" of Graham's wallet section, with a fishing with the boss prize, and Angling Imortality by way of a Kev Perkins account of the day.

M

MCMILLIGAN

I also think in the tackle review section the products should be up to date instead of 2003 because people cant rate 6 year old products if they don't make them anymore

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Thanks Gary

Looks like I'm going to be busy then..........!

And despite your kind comments pleading for the 'regular' contributors to come back, we should be doing all we can to attract some of the other members to contibute to the site.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
In fairness to Graham, a new editor to do the donkey work of subbing is required. Graham in his semi-retired mode has embarked on writing another book with me and there's plenty else to do!

T

Tony Rocca

Id like to see a new editor who doesnt think its ok to ban folks because of personal differencs that are nothing to do with the forum.

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Rocca the banned wrote (see)</blockquote> <blockquote class=quote>I would like to see a new editor who doesnt think its ok to ban folks for personal differeces that are nothing to do with the forum.</blockquote>

Well there was the petition everyone signed protesting and trying to get you restored with full privileges...

Oh. Ooops.

No.

No.

No there wasn't.

Just a large sigh of relief.

. Bye again.

J

John McLaren

The one thing that infuriates me at times is when someone posts onto a thread that is several years old.

Something like "What did you catch that record carp on Mr Yates?" I immediately dive to find out about this new record fish only to discover that the thread was last posted in 1985!

Is there any way of stopping people posting old threads over a certain date? I know that there are occasions when it is justifiable to resurrect an old theme (Ron Clay does it all the time/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif) but can the site be set up to direct a member who wants to do that to start a new thread? (as Mr Clay does!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)

Reaction score
I would like to put up a few reviews I did try and put a couple up about a year ago and asked for them to be put on but nothing ever came of it i.e muck boots
More top 5 reviews and then maybe wotwver gets reviewed could be given away as a compatition or sold off ?

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mark Hewitt wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You could end up with too much, which could make the side very difficult to navigate. I like it as is, and would like to see just subtle improvements.</blockquote>
My sentiments entirely; as the old saying goes, "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it"