Totally fishing unrelated.

R

Ron Clay

No Clive, they play a strange game around there, only 13 men and are too namby pamby to have line-outs and good old rucks where they can get the boot in {:eek:[

M

Malcolm Bason

Yeah Birds Nest - I remember the Hotel End very well!

C

Clive Evans

Wrong game, Ron.
I was refering to the 'team' that took the 'King's Shilling' to get into the action.
History mate,for good or for bad. Just like you and me soon.
(but not Too Soon,eh.)

L

Laurie Harper

Come on you Lions, I say. Started going to The Den when I was in my teens. I know this is sacrilegous, but I sort of hope we don't win promotion this season. Can't stand the Premier League, with all it's mega-bucks nonsense. It's not what football' all about for me.

P

Paul Williams

Laurie....me old cock sparrow.....seeing as how we made Mcgee available do you think you could let us Wolves win tomorrow night?.......we are getting our our ankles snapped a little by those blue and white sh**te down the road.......i really hope they go up (thats it i'm banned from Molineux!) but let them suffer the play offs, not us!!!!!!!

M

Mike Harrison

Good ole Charlton Athletic for me, over 50 years now I remember seeing Sam Bartram play Johnny Summers, Eddie Firmani,Stuart Leary, the Charles brothers. Those were the days!! Incidently the 'Addicks' were so named as a previous Chairman of the club owned a fish and chip shop and to supplement the players wages after every home game he would provide 'addick and chips' for the players, so i suppose my loyalty to Charlton is remotly fishing related!!

C

Curly

Mike

I knew there had to be a Fishing connection somewhere along the "lines" :)

F

Fred Bonney

Oh alright,i'll have a go,I have followed...
Fulham for getting on for 45years.
I used to get dragged down to Stamford Bridge by my dad when Ch Che Chel(sorry can't get it out)were at home and to Craven Cottage when Ch.. were away.
Mike,my dad was on Charltons books before WW2 interterupted his career as a goalkeeper.
to help Neil the river next to Craven Cottage is full of fish.

R

Robert Draper

Football, pah! the worlds most overrated game. It's Ice Hockey for me (Nottingham Panthers, Nottingham Lions, Colorado Avalanche)with occasional forays into American Football (Denver Broncos) and Major League Baseball (Colorado Rockies).

And no, I'm not from Colorado - I just like the place :).

C

Curly

By the looks of your photo Robert, I'm not arguing with that ;)

B

Birds Nest

"Yeah Birds Nest - I remember the Hotel End very well!"... Ahhh Great days... Comming out of the cricket side with an advertising board under yer arm after the last game at the county ground...

C

Craig Smith

Rob,
I can also see the attraction of Ice Hockey the fights rule!! I can see from your gi you like the physical stuff! what are the rules as regards fighting?.
Don't take it the wrong way Rob but isn't American Footbal, just a waterd down version of Rugby with big shoulder pads and helmets.
I can't see Jason Robinson being as agile with all that padding
My old man would agree about your first point, he always saysto me,
"The ball's the wrong damn shape"
But I can see his point growing up Luton and playing for the Bedford Colts at both full team and 7's

R

Robert Draper

Hockey fights get a 2, 5 or game misconduct penalty depending on severity, five serious fights and the ISL can impose a suspension of that player. Best fight in British hockey was at the start of last year when Nottingham Panthers and Sheffield Steelers came to blows, all the players were involved in the "Bench Clearance Brawl".

American football is very similar to rugby but I find it more explosive and spectacular than the dour slogs I used to watch. I do like watching sevens though and used to play Union for my faculty in Sheff. When it comes to a participation sport it has to be Karate, you can't beat it, but it may get beaten for you...

C

Carp Angler

The only people who say American football is watered down rugby would be the people who have never played it.

It's a very explosive, fast and much more physically demanding game to play.
The 4 hour 'spectacles' on the telly are a little hard to watch though.

On the football side.........'Up the Saints'

R

Ron Clay

Actually chaps I also like cricket. Such a jolly sporting and gentlemanly game. Nothing used to be a enjoyable as sitting in the stands at The Wanderers with the braai(barbie)nicely sizzling, a can of cold Castle in your hand watching the good old Proteas knock nine kinds of s..t out of the England team what.

One of the greatest sights in all the world, next to a big barbel surfacing, is seeing Alan Donald take Mike Atherton's off stump....... {;oD

G

Gary Wilson

Manchester CITY. The only team to come from Manchester ! Got the season ticket, even got the MCFC tatoo. Never thought I'd say this, but come on Millwall tonight! Beat the Wolves and we're up....

P

Paul Williams

Robert,
Karate is for kids n women ;)....now judo is something else!

G

Gary Wilson

Oh, If anyone slates me for being a Man City fan, I'll report you to the moderator. So there.