Totally fishing unrelated.

D

Dave Johnson

McGhoo could have his own back tonight on the Wolves....
still fancy them to go up though....unless the Baggoies boin boing up ....:eek:)

M

Martin Wright

Gas head (Bristol Rovers). Shocking season - only Halifax below us. Ah well, good job I also like Villa.

C

Craig Smith

Rob, Paul,
What about mixed martial arts?
I've seen a fair few vid's and it kick's arse! bad pun I know;)

D

Dave Johnson

my other sport is mountain biking-though not along canals.....:eek:).
alwqays watch a game of footie if ones on and get down to watch Stoke now and then.also get over to France every year to catch a few stages of the 'tour'...and if anyone is after a good read -look no further than Lance Armstrongs book 'Its not about the Bike'-his battle against cancer. Inspirational to anyone, no matter what your sporting outlook is.

P

Phil Hackett

Football…
22 vastly over paid prima donnas kicking a bag of wind about!

Boy! do I hate this over-hyped over-exposed form of entertainment with a passion.

Come to think of it, why am I even responding to this on a FISHING SITE?????
:eek:) :eek:) :eek:)

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Phil
As someone who has been in contact with some of these 'Prima Donnas'through supplying sportswear, you may like to know that the majority are actually quite normal, approachable people, when they are not doing their 'job'. Having been behind the scenes at at press launch featuring Paul Gascoigne - it is hard to describe the explosion of flashguns and noise as they take the stage. And that at a managed event. Having to face that barrage almost every time you leave the ground, home, restaurant or wherever would test even the most even tempered person .However - most of them are still overpaid for what they do :0)

C

Chrisx Ess

FAO Mike Parker. Tranmere is indeed a district in Birkenhead - and Everton is indeed a district in Liverpool (an extremely rough one), just as Tottenham, Woolwich (Arsenal), West Ham, Charlton, Wimbledon and Brentford are districts in London, and Aston (Villa) is a district in Brum.
Somebody else mentioned mountain biking. That's something else I do too. In fact I look occasionally at Bike Magic. Most of the threads on there tend to be non-biking related, as there isn't that much to discuss about mountain biking. Most of it's written in text, so it's mostly incomprehensible as well!

L

Laurie Harper

Mountain Biking? Now you're really talking. My bike cost more than my car (which isn't saying much). Do the occasional race in the veteran's category. I do wish these bl**dy anglers wouldn't get in the way on the towpaths, though... Also enjoy flying power kites - being dragged around and lifted up in the air without a parachute is terrifying but fun.

R

Robert Draper

Craig, mixed martial arts is great if you just want a bit of a punch-up but then you miss out on one of the richest experiences yet invented. Martial arts as opposed to self-defence systems are vehicles to physical and spiritual development, its what separates martial arts from acrobatics.

You would be amazed at how many people turn up expecting to become Bruce Lee in 10 easy lessons then find that for 90% of the lesson you don't even face an opponent.

Maybe thats why I don't like football, for excitement I prefer other, faster, more explosive sports and as a way of life I find it too superficial. Fishing however is a true Zen activity...

A

Andrew Miller

How on earth did this managed to get on here. Last time I talked about football on here (I am one of those sad cockney man utd supporter!) I got told off by Graham Wallet for bringing the subject of football up!!! Must be my face!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
No, that's not true Windy. That was the old mailing list where everybody had to read everything. On the forum, if somebody wants to start a thread about football or something that isn't in the same high class as fishing then it's easy enough to avoid it if you're not interested.

M

Mike Parker

Dusty,

Just loked at your photo, yep your right it must be your face!! ;o))))

C

Curly

Andrew, I know everyone on here loves fishing, I just wanted to know a little more about the people on Fishing Magic.

I promise, no more unrelated topics ;)))

Neil

D

disco dan

Neil
is that a cert i have emailed you my mobile no if you are going and want to get in touch dont want you looking mad shouting my name round the lake.
p.s. My dads even more fed up after the baggies performance yesterday.

C

Curly

Cheers Dan, I have replied. As I said before, your Dad will get over being a Wolves Fan.....LOL

C

Cakey

LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL are rubbish.

I love Everton.
Come on the Toffee Men !!!!!!

P

Paul Williams

Cakey,
you are one messed up Southerner.....you are supposed to support Man U !!! ;)

A

Andrew Miller

Opps, I might have come over a bit too serious! I didn't mean to! But as least I can show my face Mike!!

G

Gary Wilson

Being a Man City fan, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm a bit jelous of all you Wolves/Millwall/Baggies fans. You must be brilliant at making up complicated rigs as most of you are 6 fingered!