Where's my Licence you Footpads ?

rayner

Reaction score
So just to get this right, if I take the number given as proof of my licence is that good enough.
After being a rod licence holder for over 50yrs I'm a little perturbed at not having a licence at the start of the season.

Whoever is at fault either the EA or the AT who tout themselves as the voice of angling there's no excuse for no organisation in issuing my licence.
Voice of angling, right. The only time they use their voice is when asking for my cash.
What a bunch of criminals they are. The payment was taken from my account the day I applied for my licence, is it too much to ask to receive what I have paid for.
Cough up.

rich66

Reaction score
Well postman has been and still no license. Paid for it 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Paid for mine today and got a receipt from post office that il keep in my wallet

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I really don't get what all the fuss is about? Whichever way you purchase your rod licence you get a receipt stating the number which will appear on your licence when you recieve it. This number also contains your initials so it's unlikely anyone could fraudulently use it. Once you have paid there is no way you could be prosecuted for not carrying a plastic coated picture of a fish.
Personally I don't give a monkeys if I get mine or not and more often than not I leave it at home in another fishing bag. Last time this happened and an EA Bailiff approached me he simply asked for my name and address, allowed me to continue fishing, and I heard nothing about it again.....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Do you know where the opt-out is Jeff?
I tried to buy another under (oh dear) a false name, Fred Fernackerpan, and ran it through as far as I could, but I never got to the bit where it said about sharing info, BUT all the pages looked familiar and of the type where I remember ticking the box. It could have been quite easy to miss though.
Because not all of us kept the e-mail
And I thought about that later, although I keep all important emails in a folder on Thunderbird marked 'HISTORY - DO NOT DELETE', it has guarantees and receipts for car tax, Insurance docs... Anyway, what they also could do is once you've made the purchase they could create a PDF file that you view and download to save it or at the very least print off from the screen. The receipt form Post Offices could also be the same, that's how it always was so why complicate things?

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Once you have paid there is no way you could be prosecuted for not carrying a plastic coated picture of a fish.
That's absolutely right. The Enforcement Officers can check immediately on the DB if you have a licence once they have your name and address, DOB, fingerprints, birthmarks, DNA sample.... Only joking on the last three.

Oh and by the way, nobody hold your breath on this, it's going to be some time before you get that flimsy bit of plastic covered paper. In the annals of EA cock-ups, this is one MONUMENTAL one. And not the only one. :D Fish on.

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
Emailed the EA regarding no licence and they told me "they fully expected my licence would be with me before the start of the season but were having trouble producing them"
What earthly reason is there to sell me a licence without actually having a product to sell.
Scum bags.

seth49

Reaction score
I've just noticed on a similar thread on the salmon fishing forum, that a few of them have received there license today, so perhaps they won't be long now.
Unless there sending the more expensive ones out first?

kevt

Reaction score
Hi

Was at the Fishing show in Manchester today, went on the EA stand and asked about the situation with the licences, they confirmed that they are having problems and they are trying to get them out as fast as possible, one of the EA bailiffs confirmed that if you have a photo ID drivers licence with you and no EA licence they can confirm if you have a 2017/18 licence or not, he proved this by me giving him mine and confirmed I'd paid for it on March 1st on direct debit even though I've not received my licence yet

Regards

KevT

Last edited:
B

binka

one of the EA bailiffs confirmed that if you have a photo ID drivers licence with you and no EA licence they can confirm if you have a 2017/18 licence or not

I wonder what they would do if, like me, you don't carry your photo drivers licence and are somewhere away from your car or any other means of confirming your ID?

Common sense would tell me to show them my licence number which I put on the notes on my phone but I'm way too mischievous for that considering I had bought one and the EA had 'neglected' to send it out on time.

I guess tackle confiscation would be the way forward but before I let that happen I would happily wager five hundred quid that someone would be going for an impromptu swim and it wouldn't be me :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've paid for mine and got the receipt from the PO. Beyond that, I care very little. Good luck to them if they try to take a licenced angler to court just because they don't have a pathetic bit of plasticised paper with them.

thecrow

Reaction score
Hi

Was at the Fishing show in Manchester today, went on the EA stand and asked about the situation with the licences, they confirmed that they are having problems and they are trying to get them out as fast as possible, one of the EA bailiffs confirmed that if you have a photo ID drivers licence with you and no EA licence they can confirm if you have a 2017/18 licence or not, he proved this by me giving him mine and confirmed I'd paid for it on March 1st on direct debit even though I've not received my licence yet

Regards

KevT

I sometimes dont carry my EA tax card as I have 2 different bags and I never carry my driving licence, if I have paid its for them to know if I have and I don't feel inclined to assist them in that, other than that they can take me to court if they wish to waste even more anglers tax money than they do now. I would quite enjoy a day out seeing their faces when they were shown to be in the wrong.

rich66

Reaction score
I like how they assume that you've either got a drivers license or if you have it's got your photo on it ! Mines an old paper jobbie that's about had it

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I guess tackle confiscation would be the way forward but before I let that happen I would happily wager five hundred quid that someone would be going for an impromptu swim and it wouldn't be me
They don't want to confiscate tackle because it means they have to issue a receipt for everything (and it's only items used to catch fish, rod, reel, line, hooks, they can't take chairs, rod rests, bags and stuff) and when they get back they have to itemise everything again and bag it and store properly. It's too much faffing around, but before allowing your emotions to overcome you, you should be aware that an EA Enforcement Officer is regarded the same in law as a Police Officer or Court Enforcement Officer and any assault on him (unlikely her with EA) would be met with the same charges in court. So I would count to 10,000 before taking any such action.

If you give them your name and address and DOB if asked, that should be sufficient to satisfy their needs. The b***s*** on the licence application site about carrying a driving licence or passport is some official overstepping the mark, I reckon. We are not living yet in a police state.

rayner

Reaction score
I've scribbled the conformation number on the back of last years licence, if that's not good enough they can get stuffed.
Like has been said my licence is paper, it's in good condition I suppose because the last time it saw day light was 73 when it arrived. I don't need a photo because I will be there, if a bailiff ever shows and they will see it's me ;)

john step

Reaction score
Does anyone else remember the kerfuffle in Ireland when they tried to introduce a fishing licence and the resulting FISHING STRIKE ( I kid not)?

I was on the Shannon and a fisheries officer stopped to speak and after a lengthy pleasant conversation,rather timidly asked if we had bought a licence.

The reply was that with so much bad feeling and trouble we didn't want to be seen to break ranks with the locals as we were going to have to sit with them in the bar in the evening and wanted to keep our teeth.

He sympathised and went on his way wishing us a good days fishing.

seth49

Reaction score
Mine came this morning,only took a week,don't think that's so bad, they must have thousands to do.?

john step

Reaction score
Its now 6 DAYS into the the new season year for my licence and I STILL HAVN'T RECEIVED THE BL00DY THING!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: