Where's my Licence you Footpads ?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Still no sign of mine but when the Yeti finally delivers it i have the distinct feeling that it's going to be a Welsh language version.

A Rod " look you" licence for coarse and non-migratory " there's lovely isn't it ? " trout :eek:mg:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I think paper licences will be either phased out or only issued by special request in the not too distant future... Smart phones will be used to open your front door, your car and a host of other appliances. One of my clubs no longer issue paper memberships, you either print your card out from a confirmation email or more commonly show a bailiff your proof on your mobile phone.
This would certainly save the EA loads of money which could be used elsewhere on fisheries etc....

skov

Reaction score
I think paper licences will be either phased out or only issued by special request in the not too distant future... Smart phones will be used to open your front door, your car and a host of other appliances. One of my clubs no longer issue paper memberships, you either print your card out from a confirmation email or more commonly show a bailiff your proof on your mobile phone.
This would certainly save the EA loads of money which could be used elsewhere on fisheries etc....

Looks like they've already started doing that for juniors.
I just applied for one for my daughter and the website said make a note of the number as they don't send a card out for the free junior licenses.

sam vimes

Reaction score

I'm surprised that they've kept going with the cards for so long. There's no real need for them without an angler having to be up to date with their tech. Enforcement can confirm whether you've got a licence or not from your name and address. Whole rafts of (horribly inefficient) administration could be done away with if they stopped printing and posting them out.

They could go a few steps further and do away with the licences completely. No need for costly enforcement if they did. Naturally, turkeys won't vote for Christmas, and they've got to raise the minimal funding for Calverton somehow.

seth49

Reaction score
Yes it's like most databases, give them your post code and house number, and that's all they need, to know a whole lot about you, if you notice that's the most common thing your asked nowadays.

thecrow

Reaction score
Just gone to pay my fishing tax on line and before I paid there was a page saying they might contact me or pass (sell?) my details to other parties, I don't want them doing this but cannot find anywhere to opt out of them doing this. Is there any option for this if so where is it?

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

I wanted a confirmation email but when I checked on the gov.uk website and read the contact T's & C's it stated that they 'may' pass on information so that you can be contacted by other people so I declined to give my email or phone details.

I was quite surprised given that it was a gov.uk website, I thought there should at least be an option to opt out and still receive an email confirmation of the transaction.

Unless I've missed something but I went through it quite carefully.

There isn't one Steve and so I shall do the same as you have to prevent them selling my information to others, I don't need any number or conformation and I wont carry any ID just to suit them, I shall be paid the tax and that's it as far as I am concerned, I can just see the headlines "disabled pensioner taken to court".......................... I hope they bloody try!

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith M

Reaction score
I don't need any number or conformation and I wont carry any ID just to suit them, I shall be paid the tax and that's it as far as I am concerned, I can just see the headlines "disabled pensioner taken to court".......................... I hope they bloody try!

You aren't related to a Mr Victor Mildrew by any chance are you Crow??? :)

Keith

thecrow

Reaction score
You aren't related to a Mr Victor Mildrew by any chance are you Crow??? :)

Keith

No Keith I'm not but I have this attitude towards the EA because of the attitude they have towards anglers, I see neither gain from or reason for the tax we are charged to go fishing and if I must pay it then as far as I am concerned that's the end of any contact I will have with them, if they don't know whether I have paid or not that's their problem not mine.

The bad one

Reaction score
Just gone to pay my fishing tax on line and before I paid there was a page saying they might contact me or pass (sell?) my details to other parties, I don't want them doing this but cannot find anywhere to opt out of them doing this. Is there any option for this if so where is it?

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

There isn't one Steve and so I shall do the same as you have to prevent them selling my information to others, I don't need any number or conformation and I wont carry any ID just to suit them, I shall be paid the tax and that's it as far as I am concerned, I can just see the headlines "disabled pensioner taken to court".......................... I hope they bloody try!
You've now rattled my cage Crow. Whilst I don't agree with your views on the EA never wiil, I do agree with you what gives them the bleedin govt the right to pass on my details to others with NO option to opt out of this process.

I fervently disagree with any form of forced ID cards of any description. And a fishing licence is very close to it.
So now I’m pi9ssed off at the possible resale of my info to third parties, I’m now going to attempt to do something about this, by writing to my MP, the DEFRA Minister, the EA and the Wangling Trust making an issue of it as there’s no option to keep that info from resale. :mad:
Suggest others that feel strongly about it do similar.

Usually I pay for my licence at the Post Office and decline to give them any other info other than Name, Address and DOB. However, my wife did it (long story) via the internet and she gave them one of my e-mail addresses. Unfortunately it’s the one for my phone :mad:

iain t

Reaction score
My licence turned up yesterday. Better than last year, i eventually got that one 3 months late.

john step

Reaction score
ITS ONLY GONE AND ARRIVED TODAY. ITS ONLY TAKEN 5 WEEKS.:eek:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I couldn't give a flying F if it never comes, i'd love 'em to take me to court for not having one when i've paid for one!