A.T. today

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Heyup Monk, Grahams going to do some carp fishing this year!

Have you finished that book of yours on "Advanced Time Banditry" yet.

He's going to need it.

:eek:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Here's a question for all those who moan about threads like this one; about barbel and carp and 'why can't we have more articles, etc, etc about proper fish like roach and chub and perch and.........'

Why hasn't there been a single comment of any kind about a cracking article like this one?

Maybe you like these angry barbel threads more than you think?

B

BLAM

>And I apologise for insinuating that barbel are a crap fish.

What Ron probably meant to write was Barbel are a Carp (Cyprinid) fish and this is correct.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Barbel are certainly members of the carp family - Cyprinidae.

So are roach, bream, chub, dace, rudd, tench, gudgeon, silver bream, bleak and minnows.

T

Tony Rocca

And I apologise for pasting Steve Stones E-mail to me here that shows without doubt who fibs and who doesnt.

Dear Tony

I am aware of the mistake made, as I have already spoken to Paul Owens this morning.

I can only apologise for the error, and promise that a correction WILL be placed in next week's paper.

Let's just say that in future I shall be getting my Trent information from Paul.

Kindest regards

Steve

Thats all from me on this, look forward to the next time.

No doubt you can think of a twisty way out Bob.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've stayed silent on this but here's my two penn'orth.

That email, Tony, says nothing. Analyse the English in it. It merely states that in future the writer will contact another source, perhaps the authority for that stretch/venue, which would have been the correct procedure in the first place.

But it in no way implies that Bob Roberts told lies or deliberately mislead anyone. Not to me anyway.

Now for the sake of God and all his angels - DROP IT!

T

Tony Rocca

Woody,
Ow come on, you cant be that blind.

Why would Steve say "lets just say....."

The context is not in doubt here.

Please yourself o blinkered one.

over 100 now Graham.

fishy pete

Reaction score
barbel society,carp society same as ,same as.................

big heads and bigots,all with the same ''our fish is better than yours'' attitude.

GROW UP fishing is a fun,hobby/pastime to be enjoyed by all and not to be bickered about by fasicious old men who lost there sense of direction/marbles long ago.
BLOODY GROW UP!!! YOUR BORING US!!!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Tony ,two questions which I believe you should answer:

Did Steve OK you posting his personal e-mail? If not it seems unfair to drag him into this.

Was his e-mail sent before Bob contacted him and he checked his notes?If so then he presumably was subject to your interpretation of Bob's motivation hence his final comment would be fully understandable.

I agree with Jeff that the e-mail simply does not carry the weight that you give it.

There is only one way of resolving this - a full public enquiry!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Oh for Fuffs sake!!!

Steve's call to me was later in the day than your email.

Perhaps he'd simply had time to collect his thoughts and check his notes.

Are you out to castigate the guy???

And why???

Do everyone on here a favour, remove the blinkers, accept the absolute truth rather than your twisted version of it. Call Steve and ask him direct instead of casting aspersions.

In fact do that and post his comments on here. Or maybe ask him to make a simple statement and put the matter to bed once and for all.

Is Bob Roberts a liar? Did he indeed say what he claims to have said here.

Go on! Ask him!

Then crawl back under your stone.

And while we're at it, Paul, I owe you no apology. You made a number of stupid statements, "We are barbel anglers, not carp anglers!" etc. Live with your mistakes and get over it.

I have said all that needs to be said in the numerous private emails we have exchanged in the past 24 hours. Quite why you also wish to communicate with me in forums at the same time, cutting and pasting I might add on more than one forum simultaneously, beggars belief.

Your pleas for some kind of absolution beggar belief.

Can you not hear the crowd. This is tedious and boring to everyone except the pair of you.

Go and play on your own site!

B

BLAM

I live far down south and so don't know the history of this disagreement at all but in my mind at least this whole affair has had the opposite effect to what the thread instigator had in mind (rather like the fake sheik and Sven thing). I'm actually feeling more and more sympathetic to Bob Roberts -who I've never met- and disliking the B.S. more and more by the hour. My membership is definitely headed toward the pedal bin as things stand.

T

Tony Rocca

Nigel,
I dont like to post pm's but felt the occasion deserved it. I have lots of nice ones from Bob, and he has from me, maybe we should slap em up for everyones enjoyment.

Bob,
Just catching up, you have a long list of folks you wont talk to now, Bettley, Berridge,Degg etc, etc........do you keep a little black book? You really are doing yourself no good at all.

And then you try to take us right back to Mr Angry 1, flippin ek, and Paul with the carp/barbel angler thing.

I notice you dont mention the sleeping on rods issue, why might that be I wonder. ;)

I have made my point on the A.T thing, that'll do pig, that'll do.

dhigg001

Reaction score
My local landlord shouted last night,

Time gentlemen please.

Think he should come on here!!!!!

D

Dave Johnson 1

Classic. I'm so happy I'm back chub chasing.

Bob, you appear to have some serious stalkers, quite prepared to spend hours trawling forums to get one over on you!

B

Bully

Oh dear Tony - you do really engage gob before brain dont you....

"And then you try to take us right back to Mr Angry 1, flippin ek, and Paul with the carp/barbel angler thing."

Paul raised that first, not Bob. Check the posts.

I have always tried to get my children never to make rash judgements on people and follow the saying "never judge a book by its cover". Sadly with you I cannot say that I will practice what I preach. There again you seem to be all "cover" anyway.

DJ - you're alive then ???

W

Wolfman Woody

"... a full public enquiry!"

I thought they were only introduced for the purposes of a cover-up, Nigel. But then I can't get all things political completely out of my head.

I'm glad I'm not on Bob's black-list despite our differences in the past, but then ours have been about fishing and not personal, I think. I'm happy to say that I'd grant Bob a provisional invitation to fish our stretch if he ever finds himself down here, if only to meet the guy and find out for myself what he's like.