A.T. today

fishy pete

Reaction score
well said Jonny ,bit of added entertainment apart from the inevitable bream and roach.......
p.s. do you know where we can get hold of acouple of them foam sumo suits?lol

T

Tony Rocca

I just posted and it said it was deleted, must have been the naughty word. Try again with a milder one.

Bully,
Thanks I missed that.

Sorry Bob it was Paul who brought up Mr Angry not you.

Bully, Missing a post is not quite the same as engaging ones gob before brain though, and as for the rest of your post, well, you'll get no reaction from me, not worth it and you have to be called Bob anyway.

Thought everyone knew that.

Jonny,
No way, the Thames is far too hard for me.

T

Tony Rocca

Barbel, bloody hate the things, keep crawlin up my line, Im into roach, like Ron, these days.

J

john ledger

RIP
The Spirit of Graham Marsden
After many years of being a free spirit on the Dove Dane Upper Trent Chesire Meres our intrepid angler has finally sold his soul to the Carpies.
Once much loved by the over seventies our former angling hero will devout more time in quest for F1 carp.
May the Lord have mercy on his soul and every dog on the bank shit in his bivvy.

Celebrity fat club here he comes

T

Tony Rocca

No, I must stay by my pc Jonny, you never know Bob might say something about me whilst Im not looking.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Tony, I see you are following your usual modus operandi in that you make an initial allegation and on finding yourself legitimately challenged pretend to laugh it off a some sort of joke of which you are now bored.

This sort of stuff doen't usually excite me too much but you have accused Bob of lying in a national publication which is an extremely serious allegation and to be honest offends my sense of fairness.

Rant over!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
An apology is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of honesty and strength to admit you are wrong, sorry helps too!

I apologise all the time, because I'm usually wrong!

This post isn't aimed at anyone, I just thought I'd point it out.

B

Bully

I should show my wife your post Steve. I have been with her 27 years and never heard her say sorry or admit she is wrong. Drives me mad!!

N

NottmDon

so back on to the important part of this thread just what are "nobbys nuts" and why would anyone want to chew/eat them?

Ron The Hat and John L you must remember that the angling Gods made all fish equal.....unfortunately some barb.....erm fish are more equal than others :)

Have to agree with Graham that there are no bad fish,although F1 carp come pretty close.It's usually those who represent the interest of a particular species above all others that get,shall we say for the sake of argument,passionate? Nothing wrong with a little passion and lively debate. :)

For the life of me I cant understand anyone who doesnt like the barbel,each to their own though. I guess if we all fished the same style for the same fish from the same waters then we'd never have an angry word exchanged amongst us would we? Having said that wouldnt fishing be just a tad boring though? ;)
Swordsy I love that line about 7.30am being after midnight mate,I may well use it in my defence plea one day lmao!

D

Dave Johnson 1

Yes Stu, I'm still alive....chub chasing again, barbel got to easy and er...time consuming and er....the missus said I had to choose ;o)

T

Tony Rocca

Nigel,

"Exited" are you, thats sad.

Accused Bob of lying in a National publication have I, where? You must be dreaming.
Try reading my first post again, just shows how well informed your opinion is, if your gonna read this crap please pay more attention.

I took my eye of the ball for a min back there and Bully pulled me up, at least hes watching with at least one eye. I said sorry to Bob, lets see how your moral fibre stands up sunbeam.

fishy pete

Reaction score
sunbeam? didn't nissan used to make them?

ahhhh nobbys nut's , i used to be like you once notts don,i mean a nobbys nuts virgin........
they are a delectable mixture of a sexy little peanut,but (and this is the best bit) instead of normal skin,or skin impregnated with roast flavour these little sexy minx's have an added outer shell of flavoured corn based substance which has to be tasted to be believed........

T

The Monk

On a more serious note, I have just read the entire thread to the grandchild, and hes now snoring his little head off bless him!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Tony,

If Nigel is dreaming, then so am I.

You wrote in your fitst post:
"So Bob, you think its ok to mislead the angling public through the national press just to try and inconvenience the HPS members a bit do you? How cheap is that? Its Joe public angler that will be put out you fool."

The word 'mislead' means:
to lead in a wrong direction or into a mistaken action or belief often by deliberate deceit.

The operative words by way of your inuendo being: deliberate deceipt.

Mislead is also synonymous with; 'deceive' but then I am sure that you know the definitions of the words that you use.

Personally, I think that some of your comments have been defamatory, and as noted previously do you or your organisation no service whatsoever!

b.t.w. "Exited" are you, thats sad.
Nigel used the word, excite, so where did the lower 4th form version come from?

Tony, if your only reason for being here on FM is to stir up trouble, conflict and argument aimed at one person in particular might I suggest that you don't go away angry, but please do, just go away!

J

john ledger

Don
You are right mate and i fish for barbel and have done since the early sixties just like Ron on the Yorkshire rivers.I catch my share on the float tackle,gulp whats that they may ask.
Just dont like someone trying to tell me how to handle,never put a fish in a keepnet use this dont use that while they are still wet behind the ears.
Anyone would think they are the second coming of christ.
Not having a go at you Tony,just some of the plonkers i have met over the years