ACES vs. CHAVS III

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Potentially 22 so far, looking a lot better at 11-a-side /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I fished it for the first time in 5 months for a few hours on Sunday afternoon and virtually had a carp a chuck on the feeder (just proving to myself that I can catch on my new rod!).
IMG_2344.JPG

Also had some nice bream to about 3lb and a roach of 1.13 (maybe a hint of hybrid) - all on 2 x 10ml pellets on a hair! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
We can't have a chavs match without a chav captain can we ? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

dont know yet Ray ....we are on holiday that week cruising around so we will probably camp in the camper now

C

Cakey

but at least I will have a tea maker with me /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Grumpy (Barbel Man) Git?? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I presume the 'fishery only' pellets are what you were using Neil?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
As feed, yes. 3ml pellets dampened in a small mesh feeder. I often use the bigger versions on the hook/hair (the fish really do love them all year round).

You can use other pellets/boilies/pastes etc on the hook but should only feed the "fishery pellets". Some people moan like mad at that but I can assure you they really do work (and not only at GV!). I believe the management also have the ability to adjust the content of those pellets to include various dosages of antibiotics that assist in the welfare of the fish (important at this type of venue).

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
in my experience, when they feed the antibiotic pellets, the fish tend to go off the feed

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Of course i remember cakey X

Neil send me details i am really looking forward to this now.

Graham you staying over on the fri? Without the chinese this time /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Neil mack, you will enjoy it on this site, it's one of the best /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
Cheers wendy, you have raved on so much about 'your family' I thought I'd better come and check it out lol

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Wendy, yes I'll be staying over the night before as usual, probably Travel Lodge again.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Ok Graham, well i'll have a look about to see if there are any cheap travel lodge's in the area again.

Cakester, i missed ya /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Mcmurran wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Cheers wendy, you have raved on so much about 'your family' I thought I'd better come and check it out lol</blockquote>

They are my fishing 'family' neil.

Graham is my grandad, neil maidment is my dad and cakey is my twin lol Ray clarke is a distant relative....he's ginger/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

ha ha ha .........................grandad grandad we love you...............