An Evening With The DVSG

Lord Paul

Reaction score
He's pretending to be on holiday - but really hidding from his creditors - hence the sweet disguise

Deanos

Reaction score
I am going to go into town and stand outside all the hairdressers, if he is in Castleford, I shall let you know Lord Paul!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Don't bother Deanos - Bob's hair is spun by silver webbed spiders from the Amazon jungle - he keeps these in his coal bunker as well - fed on dripping butties

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Are there any tarts available other than jam and lemon curd on the night Lee?/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Now come on Matt!....HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF A PECAN!...I will tell you what, if they take a hold in Britain, they will make cormorants look like cheeky London sparrows!

For those of you who dont know a lot about birds and stuff, Pecans are massive with a big beak and wobbly throat, a bit like a duck on steroids.

Even my mams Yorkshire pudding tin would not be big enough to make the pastry case for one of these giant prehistoric looking birds.

Reaction score
I've had them in my chimney. One of them can be a real problem but TWO CAN cause total havoc. They blocked the flue and damaged brickwork. It also turned out that they were the source of the droppings under my carpets (problem reported earlier this year). The sneaky sods were shuvvin them under while we were out...

Deanos

Reaction score
I fear this shall be no gentlemen's evening!.....the lads from the DVSG look like Attila the Huns rampant hordes.....I would rather face the Castleford women's tug of war team in nylon dressing gowns, slippers with fur on the front, curlers and hairnets WITH a fag hanging out of there gobs than this lot after the refreshments have been taken.

I

Ian Cloke

Rotherham is not a port town your Lordship, infact I don't believe that there has ever been a port ther.............................Only a dock for barges...........

Lord Paul

Reaction score
There's been plenty of people from Rotherham in the docks at the courts though Ian -are you going to this event

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

As chairman of the DVSG, I have set the dress code for the evening.

The members of the DVSG shall wear suits and ties in order to set the right example. His Lordship I know will be correctly attired.

This is going to be a posh do, I can assure all.

Deanos

Reaction score
The only suit you will get me in is my birthday suit Ron....so make your mind up about the dress code....and should it come to pass that I DO appear in my birthday suit, no smirking and laughing behind my back at my "you know what!", its bloody cold in Yorkshire at this time of year!

Reaction score
I bought IYCF today and Bob's on the cover. I must say that he does remind me of my Nan after she got some new teeth. No straight up he really does. She was from Ecclesfield born and bred. I think Bob must have gone to the same salon for old dears near High Green.

I

Ian Cloke

<blockquote class=quoteheader> Lord Paul of Sheffield wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>There's been plenty of people from Rotherham in the docks at the courts though Ian -are you going to this event</blockquote>
I am going to be there your Lordship, it would be great if you could grace us with your presence.

S

Sean Meeghan

Rotherham is definitely not a port town. Its a fizzy lager, chips on the way home town. Not as posh as Castleford Deanos.

Have you heard that Cas have signed Dwayne Chambers? That will be a sight to behold on a wet night in Wheldon Road!

I

Ian Cloke

Do you think Chambers will be able to stay the course Sean, he's certainly athletic enough, but will the physical/contact side be too much for him?

S

Sean Meeghan

Going to try, subject to work commitments. I did offer to referee it!

Chambers will get clobbered every time he plays much the same as Martin Offiah did. It will be interesting to see how he copes. That's assuming he manages to get a game - he hasn't proved he's got the skills yet.