An Evening With The DVSG

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Doubt it Matt - Rotherham is not somewhere I venture much even in day light and well after dark........

If the DVSG lads ever did a talk in Sheffield I'd be tempted, or if Swordy did a talk in Sheffield I'd go

BTW - still now bloody internet at Furkum Hall

The Monk

Reaction score
Yes Rotherham can be a dodgy place after dark MeLud/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
All in all Monk I'd rather ahvea night out in Manchester than Rotherham

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Matt - do you still do an article for the AT once a month - I've stopped buying the AT - Greg don't start on me please /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif- but I did enjoy the section you wrote in

Deanos

Reaction score
Lets get this straight...once and for all!

Bobs almond slice is just......well brilliant. Tony's pastry is always tough...and frankley not very nice!

Bob KNOWS he is a bloody good baker....and he will tell you so himself.

If you want shop bought cakes...just dont go to the meeting OKAY!

I am with Bob on this one, if you have an issue with him....then bring youir scones in and I shall judge yours against "the masters"!

Now pack the fighting in and lets get ready for perhaps the greatest FREE buffet that South Yorkshire has seen for many ayear at the DVSG extravaganza of the year.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Well said Deanos!

This is a night of French fancies and almond slices...Croquembouche and Mille feuille...A true epicurean extravaganza...

The "taste off" between Matt Browns Sally Lunn and Adam Roberts Petite japonaise is a real grudge match and the real highlight of the night! will the sweet bunspiced dried fruit stand up against the might of the praline crunch?

I don't know...But I am willing to pay to find out!

Oh, and a bit of fishing thrown in!

Lee Swords

Reaction score
BTW

If anyone wants to organise a fund raising "fishing thing" in Sheffield for lets say Cancer research or the Childrens hospital

Then I will do a presentation for nowt...You just have to organise a venue, a powerpoint projector and a screen.

disclaimers will be needed on arrival as my "solo" show may cause offence..... to basically everyone

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing a fishing Gentlemans thing with a meal and strippers...What would be the interest in that as well?

T

Tony Rocca

I was told that Bob packed in the stripping lark years ago, his Danny la'Rue aint what it used to be either.

Is he going to come out, oo err, for a good cause?

Lord Paul

Reaction score
BTW - this is typical behaviour of Bob - he starts an argument - then pretends to go on holiday till the fuss dies down - in fact he'll be hiding in the attic on a sun bed eating cold pizzas for 2 weeks popping down for the odd visit to the loo and a quick check of FM

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Come on now...Leave Bob out of this...These are going to be proper strippers that get butt nekkid...and as much as I like Bob I don't wanna see his wang flapping in the breeze whilst I try to get my scran down...

So no more Bob baiting!

Serious!

This show is going to be a great night...epic in fact!

So lets leave all the mallarky at the door and concentrate on the job at hand which is, Will Matts Sally Lunn see of Adams Petite Japonaise?

And can my Mille fueille see off Mike Townsends Jam tarts?

Who knows the answer ?

God knows but the main thing is we have a good time finding out with no rowlocks or shennanigans!

I

Ian Cloke

Sorry to have to be the bearer of sad news Lee, but Mike's jam tarts will win hands down! This event is taking place in ROTHERHAM, we don't want any of that foreign crap, you'll be trying to get us to have a curry next, instead of pie & mash!!!!!

By the way lads, bring some cash with you, as I hear there will be some bits of tackle for sale, plus a possibility of a raffle........as well as the bingo that Deanos is organising.....

Lord Paul

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ian Cloke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Sorry to have to be the bearer of sad news Lee, but Mike's jam tarts will win hands down! This event is taking place in ROTHERHAM, we don't want any of that foreign crap, you'll be trying to get us to have a curry next, instead of pie & mash!!!!!

By the way lads, bring some cash with you, as I hear there will be some bits of tackle for sale, plus a possibility of a raffle........as well as the bingo that Deanos is organising.....</blockquote>
THis being in Rotherham - bring a body guard as well as some cash

Reaction score
Remember chaps that the currency in Rotherham is still in the old money. So dig out the giant pennies, tiny ha'penniesand thrupenny bits and put them to good use.

I have it on good authority that you can get a pint, a pie and a fat lass all for 3 and 6 and still have change for a packet of hooks. The downside is there int much meat int pie.

Deanos

Reaction score
If Granville "BIG DADDY" Marsdinn is attending the "do".....I publicly challenge him to a naked wrestling match!...two pin falls or one submission to decide the winner, this wrestling match shall take place in a South Yorkshire laundrette of my choice.

All proceeds of the dvd are to go to charity, except for a couple of expensive rods that"BIG DADDY" shall put up against my vintage 10ft ledger rod bought from Woolworth inCastleford 37 years ago, the top eye is missing, BUT DONT COME IT WITH ME BIG DADDY!....its worth a fortune....lets be avin yer then!

And another thing....It must be quite apparent to all that thepatisserie skills of the DVSGare quite unrivalled, I as an independent would willingly put on show my range of roulades and flourless chocolate cakes for the more dissernining angler on request, and feel that to fill up the pages of the angling press during the baron months of the closed season, some colourful displays of home baking by the foody professionals on this forum would keep the sales of the weeklies going.

Gregory Whitebread is well known for actually turning up at angling events with cakes he has bought from a shop, and claiming them to be his own!...just a warning!

The educated chefs nose of Mr Lee Swords can pick up a ringer at 10 yds Mr Whitebread, and you shall be treated with the same degree of respect that would be metered out to a Transylvanian immigrant caught trying to tickle his favourite Koy out of his garden pond at 3am!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Lee of course I'm baiting Bob - not that he'll bite - far to experience for that - I'm trying to goad him into coming down from the loft and so he has to stop pretending his on holiday abroad somewhere and admit he writes most of his fishing articles sitting in his coal bunker blacked up as a minstrel

Deanos

Reaction score
Minstrels are little crispy round chocolate sweets in case any of you out there are a bit daft and dont know what his lordship is on about!

Go over this again for me.....why is bob living in his coal bunker pretending to be a sweet!