An Evening With The DVSG

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Who IS Bob errrrrrrrrrrrrrmm.....................Roberts thats it.

Who IS Bob Roberts ????

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BULLY1.jpg

Deanos

Reaction score
Bob,

Me mam could do with a hand on her coal round, Mabel Hill (who usually helps her) got stabbed in the eye with one of those massive marker pens at Bingo on Friday night.

You look a bit of a soft bugger to be honest, those are notworking mans hands Bob...thems TOFFS hands, but anyway if you want the job let me know.

You will be provided with a donkey jacket and rigger boots and can have a fag break every hour. One week out of two you can have coal wagon to go fishing in, so theres plenty of room for Matt and Swordsy int back.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Deanos,

I guess you could say I ama toff at heart but alas I was born in the front room of a 2-up, 2-down terrace in a mining village, son of a trawlerman, so I can't even claim they mixed me up at the hospital. Love to help yer mam out on her coal round but like I say, cases packed and I'm due to sign off in a few minutes.

Jimmy,

I appreciate that several of thepike anglers you no doubt look up to have been caught sending ficticious entries into newspaper competitions, transporting livebaits into Ireland, making ficticious insurance claims, illegally transfering zander around the country, breaking every rule under the sun on Llandegford, etc, etc, to the point where you must think every successfulangler you've never metis tarred with the same brush.

Perhaps you've had a heavy day on the sauce and not thinking clearlybut you have accused me of having many skeletons in my cupboard, a claim that I must take very seriously and one that you must be able to back up with facts and evidence, not with further slanderous allegations. You leave me little choice but to challenge your statement. If you can expose one single skeleton in my cupboard, then please do so. If you can't I suggest you retract the allegation. Don't bother with an apology, just put up or shut up.

If you fail to reply with anything you can substantiateI guess it means that you're full of ....

You have followed this with a further allegation. You say I am a bully. Really? on what grounds? That I stand up to certain individuals? Sorry mate, that ain't bullying. But you might care to look up the word defamation...

Graham,

No doubt you're watching and are aware you're sailing pretty close to the wind on this one, eh? Mickey taking is fine and dandy by me but clumsy attempts atcharacter assasination are something else entirely. Especially from folk I've never met.

Fred

Sorry mate, the thread's back at number one again and no doubt you'll keep it there in my absence.

To anyone who fancies a good night out and can make it to Rotherham it will be a pleasure to meet and entertain you on the 7th. Meantime, here's me signing off for a fortnight.

Happy Easter!

F

Fred Bonney

Whilst you there Jimmy, have a look at the word bluster!

Signing off on this thread.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

It's a crying shamewhen Barbelfever spreads to FM. Fred and Bob and everyone else involved in such crap should be ashamed of yourselves.

... and why is this thread not in the eventssection anyway ?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bob Roberts wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Jimmy,

If you fail to reply with anything you can substantiateI guess it means that you're full of ....</blockquote>

Hi Bob: Well you can see for your self Bob that I,m not full of ....

Also keep G.M. out of this. This is between me and you Bob, no one el,s.

Now shall we begin Bob<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bob Roberts wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Jimmy,

I appreciate that several of thepike anglers you no doubt look up to have been caught sending ficticious entries into newspaper competitions, transporting livebaits into Ireland, making ficticious insurance claims, illegally transfering zander around the country, breaking every rule under the sun on Llandegford, etc, etc, to the point where you must think every successfulangler you've never metis tarred with the same brush.

Perhaps you've had a heavy day on the sauce and not thinking clearlybut you have accused me of having many skeletons in my cupboard, a claim that I must take very seriously and one that you must be able to back up with facts and evidence, not with further slanderous allegations. You leave me little choice but to challenge your statement. If you can expose one single skeleton in my cupboard, then please do so. If you can't I suggest you retract the allegation. Don't bother with an apology, just put up or shut up.

If you fail to reply with anything you can substantiateI guess it means that you're full of ....

You have followed this with a further allegation. You say I am a bully. Really? on what grounds? That I stand up to certain individuals? Sorry mate, that ain't bullying. But you might care to look up the word defamation...</blockquote>

You are twisting things about here. Mr Brown has got nothing what so ever to do with me and you. But ok the man did break the rules, and he,s payed for it,have you never broken any rules ?

The Sauce. There you go again, you don,t know me, I,m a TEETOTAL, I take it that you know what that means.

Don,t bother with an apology: There was none coming.

Aaaaaahhhh Skeletons: Are you sure, There,s a few,

Bully: Well just look back as to what you have said to a member of this site, and see for your own eyes. I,m not going to do your dirty work for you. Just look it,s there BULLY.This is one thing that I,ll not stand for and thats Bullying.

You know something Bob. You can dish it out but you can,t take it back, also you think that your above everyone el,s, but your not.

And just to let you know Bob, I,m just in from work Hence the late reply. Also if there is any reply from you Bob you can email me, and we can take it from there, If YOU wish to do so.

I do apologize to everyone for all of this. (Exept Bob)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
OK, reality check. I'm sure nobody's going to be taken to court for calling someone a bully and accusing them of having a few skeletons in their cupboard, so I won't do any deleting.

However, let's drop the nonsense now and stick to discussing the 'An evening with the DVSG', which is the topic of this thread.

Just remember that the DVSG are a group and the majority of them are FM members and use this forum. I've not met all the members but of those I have they're a fine bunch of blokes and good anglers too. Which all makes for it being an enjoyable evening and if I can get along to it I will.

All I can suggest to those of you who have these deep-rooted issues with Bob is that you get along to the evening yourselves and discuss them face to face. That way you just might be able to clear them up, or at least forget about them.

Right back to topic: 'An Evening with the DVSG'. Address any questions to the group rather than Bob, as he's now away for a couple of weeks and can'trespond.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And Andy's right, this thread belongs in the Events section, so I've moved it.

I

Ian Cloke

Are you going to attend this evening Graham? I believe that Deanos may want to introduce you to one of his Aunties....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Well, I'm seriously hoping to go but if Auntie Kathleen's going to be there then, gulp, I might have to reconsider.

I

Ian Cloke

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Well, I'm seriously hoping to go but if Auntie Kathleen's going to be there then, gulp, I might have to reconsider.</blockquote>

Don't worry if you can't make it Graham, I believe she now makes home visits....

On a serious note though, it would be good to meet up againGraham, and I'm sure that you would be made very welcome mate.

Deanos

Reaction score
Yo Shorty!....I will be there for sure!.

I likewise have met a couple of the guys from DVSG, and they are as Graham says they are really nice lads, and excellent anglers.

I haven’t met Bob yet, but just because he has abarnet like me mams hairdresser "Alphonso" doesn’t mean that he is not a nice bloke.

I am REALLY excited about this meeting, and cant wait to find out if you can steam in to thebuffet (with Bobs home made sausage rolls) before or after the talking!

PS. If no one wants their Kit Kat, I bloody love em so pass em over alright!

Keep away from my auntie Kathleen Granville, Ron took her out for the night, got her swilled up, then ran off with her hair curlers to make swim feeders with!...bloody cheek.

Deanos

Reaction score
And while I am on the subject of the DVSG!

I sent my bloody driving licence in to you about two weeks ago, and have had nowt back, please can you sort this out before going off on your holidays Bob!

Deanos

Reaction score
Bob is now on his holidays in Skegness everybody!

He will have a busy day when he gets home baking to be ready for the big night I can tell you!

Alongside the sausage rolls, Bob is also going to be making a HUGE plate of jam tarts and also some with lemon curd in!.

Matt likes the jam ones, and Bob has told him off on more than one occasion for "tucking in" whilst the show was actually being set up, Bob keeps the Kit Kats and mint YO YO biscuits in a tin, actually only putting them out minutes before the doors open!

I know that "Gregory Whitebread" from the Angling Times is going to be at the meeting.I am not knocking him, but in case you did not know he is actually a Jehovahs witness!, and after he hastried getting a bit of fishing gossip off you willsuddenly produce a copy of"Watch Tower" and try to sign you up!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I dunno, arguments and counter-arguments, its all a little baffling to me, being a simple Mancunian.

I guess that myslant, basic as it is, is that I love my fishing, its my hobby and my passion. That would surely change ifI was a celebrity.

The rampant celebrity culture has a lot to answer for in Britain. We havemany people who show blind faith towards another person, because they have a certain talent. So, an Actor is akin to God, and Footballers, despite their bloated excesses, are listened to by impressionable people, and seen as role models.

Its beyond me why anyone who enjoys their fishing would choose to promote their position, knowing full well that they will be sniped at. And equally, those who indulge the celebrity with their jealousy: ignore them; and they will go away.

Just enjoy your fishing eh?

T

Tony Rocca

Just back from 6 days barbeling and I see Bobs getting all excited about the big gig.

I though I was coming along to see the DVSG, most of who I consider fine anglers and worth a listen too. Now it seems its all Bob, Bob, Bob, spouting off tosh about the HPS coming, why? sure beats me. Its a fishing night out, and we all fish.

I drove over to Cheshire just before Christmas to see Swordsy speak, how come that wasnt a big deal. All this rubbish exists in just the one place, Bobs scarred mind.