Bargains. Let us know.

seth49

Reaction score
Hope you get a good result from your email mike, Korum always was good for replacing anything that did break, but it might have changed with the latest takeover, hope not.

Reaction score
I feel that these days not enough testing is done on this sort of product,anything of that ilk is going to take a pasting and they bloody well know it,it's taking the piss big style sadly..

mikench

Reaction score
I won't hold my breath. I'm sure they think that if they ignore you long enough you will go away. I won't. The vid made me laugh about the chair being their keynote product, the flagship of their range. Would that be the one which breaks, pitches you on the floor in a heap and renders your expensive chair and it's equally expensive barrow kit as as much use as a chocolate fireguard ie utterly unusable. The cost of both is around £180 so we the customer have a right to expect more. It then adds insult to injury when they have no replacement parts, haven't a clue when they will, and deny there is a wider and known problem whilst introducing a new and superior model. They must think we are stupid.

Last edited:

wetthrough

Reaction score
How many times did you use the barrow kit after you last replaced the cross member? Can't be many times. Most of the venues you fish don't require it.

mikench

Reaction score
I really can't say accurately Gordon but perhaps 20 or so. As you say I only really need to do so on a few venues. Only the other day I walked from the car to the peg 3 times but I need the exercise and it is was barely 60 yards. On balance i prefer the barrow as a separate entity to the chair.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I agree but it's only my supposition and one Preston deny. Mind you according to them they have sold thousands with very few issues. I know of 6 alone.

ian g

Reaction score
I feel that these days not enough testing is done on this sort of product,anything of that ilk is going to take a pasting and they bloody well know it,it's taking the piss big style sadly..
Most companies seem to think it's acceptable for their customers to do their field testing for them

Reaction score
It worries me greatly that it is possibly that these items are turned out in some sweat shop for coppers,so are not given sufficient time for even glancing checks on weld quality,if I was to MIG weld your chair,I would be gutted if my weld gave out,now if the metal fatigued around said weld over time and use,that would be a different matter and maybe one for the design team to upgrade,but in production the line must roll on,which is what I consider is the problem with your chair,irregular weld quality checks...

seth49

Reaction score
Called in tackle shop today and mentioned the new Korum chairs which had just gone on sale, he said these are as well as the chairs mike and I have, not instead of, they are still selling the ones mike and I have amongst others.

So maybe there will be spares at some point, hope so.

silvers

Reaction score
T
Cadence doing buy one get one free on keepnets. Great value to be had!
they’re out of stock now, I assume that they will honour all orders placed whilst the promotion is on?

anyway ... my pair are arriving on Friday (UPS willing) so will report on quality. At 22.50 each with Aluminium rings, they appear to be great value.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
T

they’re out of stock now, I assume that they will honour all orders placed whilst the promotion is on?

anyway ... my pair are arriving on Friday (UPS willing) so will report on quality. At 22.50 each with Aluminium rings, they appear to be great value.
I bought mine in the previous BOGOF sale. They were out of stock when I first enquired but they contacted me when stock was replenished.

Haven’t used my nets yet but they appear decent quality and very good value on that deal.

silvers

Reaction score
T

Just an update to say that UPS were not willing, despite me waiting with baited breath all Friday afternoon!

so I will post an update IF they arrive!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
T

Have they got "handles" on the 3rd ring from the bottom for pulling through to empty your catch. ?
I had the Drennan silverfish and carp nets that didnt, over a period of time the mesh was splitting on the rig due to having to grab it to pull it through. I stitched them up and sold them.
My Maver and Dynamite Baits nets,( got the Dynamite nets at trade price, otherwise I would have gone for different brand) have them, also Garbolino that also has outer ring protectors on it. ( best sub £30 net I have bought)

silvers

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

they’ve just arrived!

overall impression, well constructed with a nice soft mesh.
The last 3 rings are slightly smaller in size, to aid pulling through for weigh in.
However, no internal grab handles, so you’d be relying on grabbing the aluminium frame “through” the mesh.

Being a sad person on extended sick leave at the moment, I’ve just done a test comparison with 3 other keepnets that do have internal grab handles but do not have the step down in size. I concluded that the smaller last three rings are a greater benefit than the grab handles ... BUT obviously both would be better still!

FWIW for those asking “why does anyone need 5 keepnets??”
1. My old “Ron Thompson” that has worn out and is going in the bin after more than ten years service
2. a fox match 3.5 m net that will probably take its place as my main net (although i may prefer the cadence)
3. An “Oakwood” that i bought cheap from evil bay, that I should have returned as not fit for purpose ... also going to scrap (mesh not soft and already tearing on the sharp corners!). If you’re tempted ... don’t!!

And after last year’s wye charity match ... I might take more than one keepnet for that “once in a lifetime” catch!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I had a Silver Ron Thompson keepnet, had it a few years then gave it to a junior angler, same with my Fox canal keepnet .
My Maver I must have had nearly 10 years, Dynamite Baits and Garbolino 2 years,
All my net have a sort of nylon funnel at the top ring down to first ring.
Most matches these days require 2 nets at least depending on weights, ( average 50lb per net) , also silvers and carp must be kept separate .

silvers

Reaction score
Yes, I don’t fish any carp venues at all (by choice) ... so my best weights are usually in the 30-40 pound bracket anyway.

But I got caught out on the Wye charity match last year with 128 pounds of chub in the one net! Would have been 132 but one chub made good it’s escape! I needed some help to weigh in that day.

anyway, the cadence nets look good enough for my purposes!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
@silvers When Partridge Lakes first started , the Covey Canal was stocked with small carp and F1 plus silvers, there are a few carp touching 20lb in there now, they must be hiding somewhere when a net is run through it to sort stock out.
It's not much fun latching onto one of those if fishing light for F1's . At the moment a lot of the fish are shoaled up in various places. A match last week had the first three pegged next to each other, back up weights were low and scattered about.
That's what I hate ,you put two nets in at the start and are lucky if you manage a decent weight in one of them.
Is the mesh wide enough on the Cadence nets to be used as a river net ,?