Bargains. Let us know.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
And oft we jolly well go, picked this nice fly reel up yesterday for a fiver with fly line; there was a box of them all for a fiver and this was the best one nick wise..
P1000125.JPG

Reaction score
Is that a Leeda reel Mark,if so,that is what I have had for a zillion years and cost virtually nothing...

rayner

Reaction score
Bang on Alan the rimfly was made by Leeda. The reel is in good condition because the previous owner will have upgraded his reel before the reel had any ware showing.

Reaction score
Mine are a little bit older than that(oops),probably 1970's,still good as I only ever used them as a reservoir for the fly line...

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Is that a Leeda reel Mark,if so,that is what I have had for a zillion years and cost virtually nothing...
I found this on the fly fishing forum
"They should be just right for 5/6 lines. BFR made reels for many other brands such as Cortland and Orvis. To make even more confusing, Leeda manufactured the Intrepid reels and those morphed into the BFR reels. “Rim fly “ model reels under Cortland brand came in 3 sizes: S, M, L. Those translated to Orvis’s size 1,2,3 “Madison” reels and later 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 “Clearwater” reels. All interchangeable spools with the click and pawl adjustable/non-adjustable models. I believe there was also a BFR 1095 that had the same 3.5” diameter spool as the Orvis 5/6 clearwater, II Madison, Cortland ‘M’. They key is the outer diameter of the spool rim being 3 1/2” for the 5/6 fly line sized reels."

It states elsewhere BFR stands for British Fly Reels.

All I know is it is in good condition hardly a mark on it and the fly line looks good as well. The others in the box looked a bit of a state compared to this one and all were a fiver. I have several fly rods now, all second hand and cheap but nice so I am sure I can match this reel and line to one of them. My trouble is I cannot walk past them:)

flightliner

Reaction score
I found this on the fly fishing forum
"They should be just right for 5/6 lines. BFR made reels for many other brands such as Cortland and Orvis. To make even more confusing, Leeda manufactured the Intrepid reels and those morphed into the BFR reels. “Rim fly “ model reels under Cortland brand came in 3 sizes: S, M, L. Those translated to Orvis’s size 1,2,3 “Madison” reels and later 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 “Clearwater” reels. All interchangeable spools with the click and pawl adjustable/non-adjustable models. I believe there was also a BFR 1095 that had the same 3.5” diameter spool as the Orvis 5/6 clearwater, II Madison, Cortland ‘M’. They key is the outer diameter of the spool rim being 3 1/2” for the 5/6 fly line sized reels."

It states elsewhere BFR stands for British Fly Reels.

All I know is it is in good condition hardly a mark on it and the fly line looks good as well. The others in the box looked a bit of a state compared to this one and all were a fiver. I have several fly rods now, all second hand and cheap but nice so I am sure I can match this reel and line to one of them. My trouble is I cannot walk past them:)
Still have my rimfly reels, bruised and battered over many years use on big reservoirs and concrete bowl fisheries.
Also the intrepid gearfly with its kwik line retrieve.
Never had a moments trouble with them.
All have and still do give yeoman service!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
How's that for a set, David James rod about 50's at a guess, two ceramic rings still on it, I think it is bamboo, one of the ferrules fell off when I got home, a minor detail, spigot ferrules and the top joint is bent but who's fussing, I am not exactly ramrod straight myself but I still cut a dash! A lovely little creel, I like this as it is smaller than the usual size, will suit someone wandering a river with a fly rod, it will take some flies, reel and sandwiches. And a copy of "The Compleat Angler". all boot-fair fare today, the rod cost £10, the creel £12.50 and the book £1, £23.50 in all. I knocked em down a bit, wanted £15 for the rod and £15 for the creel, I let him off for the book.
P1000134.JPG

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Ordered these two prints off our theartist (Rob), absolutely delighted with them and I think a great bargain, I will admire these for a very long time. I might order some more, make excellent presents. I think we are all missing a trick here. These will get framed and put up on my wall though. Excellent service as well I might add, no messing around and very quick. Thanks Rob...your an absolute artist:)

robspencilportraits/Etsy
or
robspencilportraits/Ebay

P1000152.JPG

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
Just arrived, a manual veg chopper for chopping worms. 6.99 with free delivery from the bay. Will save time on the bank chopping worms in seconds.

rayner

Reaction score
Sorry no, l don't even know how to put up a link.
I just searched eBay there are hundreds around the same price 6.99 I was not sure so bought the cheapest with no postage.
Just google manual veg chopper.

chrissh

Reaction score
Sorry no, l don't even know how to put up a link.
I just searched eBay there are hundreds around the same price 6.99 I was not sure so bought the cheapest with no postage.
Just google manual veg chopper.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Ordered these two prints off our theartist (Rob), absolutely delighted with them and I think a great bargain, I will admire these for a very long time. I might order some more, make excellent presents. I think we are all missing a trick here. These will get framed and put up on my wall though. Excellent service as well I might add, no messing around and very quick. Thanks Rob...your an absolute artist:)

robspencilportraits/Etsy
or
robspencilportraits/Ebay

View attachment 16545
These are lovely, how much if you don’t mind me asking?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
These are lovely, how much if you don’t mind me asking?
The two cost me £25.47 with the mounts and postage, in effect 12.74 each, they are a bit less unmounted.. They are worth more in my opinion. The detail could not be bettered and these are limited editions a well. Check the link out thought, there are plenty of choices and prices.

Last edited: