Canal fishing

wetthrough

Reaction score
Then it wouldn't be behind you! What I don't understand is why you can't walk with the handles either side of your body or are they just not wide enough to fit between?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
They are wide enough it's just that it's easier to push the Preston space shuttle due to point of balance.The 4 wheel shuttle would be difficult to pull. As for the carp barrow transporters and other brands of shuttle I cant comment because not used one, I have seen the MAP one and I would say you would struggle to pull it , same with Matrix one ,those are my thoughts not reviews on MAP and Matrix

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've got both trolley and barrow and I use both. Which is normally determined by where I'm going and what I'm doing....though largely by which is already in the back of the car. Personally, I find pushing a barrow infinately easier than pulling a trolley but you have to load it properly with most of the weight over the front wheel. Took me a while to work out but I know how to load mine now.

I've had a trolley go over on me several times but never a barrow though I foolishly forgot to pump the tyre up once and pushing a barrow with a flat is no joke.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Skip, if you have a seatbox with a footplate, pull the footplate out when on the barrow or trolley even, gives better load area on barrow, plus on a trolley extra area for placing bags .
The PI space shuttle is designed so box goes over the wheels.

wetthrough

Reaction score
I've had a trolley go over on me several times but never a barrow though I foolishly forgot to pump the tyre up once and pushing a barrow with a flat is no joke.

I find the opposite true with my trolley. If they're pumped up hard it can get into an uncontrollable rock. With them relatively soft it's much easier to control but slightly harder to pull, obviously. Just in addition. I suspect others do the same but for anyone new to trolleys/barrows filling pneumatic tyres with Slime is well worth the cost. The tyres look quite thick but Hawthorne's go straight through.

Reaction score
When I go to Christchurch I would like to take my barrow with me,it would be so much easier,trouble is i'm on the family holiday and the car is weighed down to the gunnells,I know I wouldn't need my fishing chair,but still......

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Skip, if you have a seatbox with a footplate, pull the footplate out when on the barrow or trolley even, gives better load area on barrow, plus on a trolley extra area for placing bags .
The PI space shuttle is designed so box goes over the wheels.

I dont own such a beast.I wish my trolley was a bit wider between the wheels but, on the whole, its a fairly robust and functional piece of kit. When I was younger I swore blind I'd never use one.....then age got me !