Clattercote Teach-in (12th April 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

It looks like it's the 12th by majority decision. But would someone else please have a quick browse through the thread and confirm that.

Chris Bettis

Reaction score
Graham

Please count me in, either the 5th or the l2th are not a problem.

As a 58 year old angler returning after a 20 year lay off both methods are new to me.

I am a Chris Yates fan, as such my idea of an advanced rig is a swan shot a foot away from the hook. (I do catch carp by the way, my best last year which marked my return was 18lbs and I had several in double figuers - just shows the carp have not changed.only fashions - no need for self hooking rigs if you can watch a pieced of silver paper and time a strike ok.

Looking at the venue it does not look like much of a carp pool, but it will be great to meet new people and to see these, to me anyway, new methods put in to action.

Help may be needed, and if anyone has a decentsplit cane Mark 4 do please bring it along, it would be great to fish with a proper rod and not a length of dead carbon. (A Mark 4 Avon would do, more than enough power to take a 50lb carp out of Redmire, so more than enough to deal with most other places and the normal run of carp)

Chris Bettis

Specihunter

Reaction score
im cool with both may i bring my pole as thats what i want to learn if not it will be the baggin waggler

P

peter webber

I heard Wendy is going to be doing fly casting leasons for those that want them /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Majority says it's the 12th, so we'll go with that.

<u>CLATTERCOTE RESERVOIR, SATURDAY, 12TH APRIL 2008</u>

Graham Marsden

Stu Dexter

Woody

Neil Maidment

AndyW

Kevin Perkins

blankety blank

JK

Bryan Baron

Grumpy Git

Peter Webber

Steve Wilson

Chris Bettis

Speci-hunter

Matt Corker

I'llkeep adding to this list as others say they would like to attend.

Stu Dexter, editor of Coarse Fisherman magazine, will be giving acomplete demo of mixing groundbait for Method fishing. He will also begiving advice onpole and method fishing through the day.

I'll be advising on method and bagging waggler fishing.

The day will be informal and fun, with those of us who are 'teaching' wandering the bank helping where we can, at least for the first few hours, or for as long as anyone needs help,and then we'll all fish until it's time to go home.

Those who want to can meet for breakfast at Tesco at 8am and the teach-in will start at 9.30am, or as soon as everyone has got their tackle to a swim, but no later than 10.00am.

I'll aska manufacturer to supply some end tackle and bait.

There will be a full picture feature of the dayon this site and possibly something in Coarse Fisherman.

Clattercote reservoir information

Map to Tesco's - Type Banbury in the locator box and then click on 'info and map'

Map to Clattercote - Clattercote is the little blue rectangle just above the word ‘Mollington’.

Extract from the fishery rules:[*]NEVER place fish on platforms or boards [*]Barbless hooks only – maximum hook size 8 [*]No braid is permitted as hooklength [*]All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand

Some advice about fishing Clattercote

P

peter webber

Just spoken to my friend who was interested in going to this with me and his work comitments wont allow it.

I would still like to atent this so if anyone is going from the Medway (Kent) area and has room, would be willing to let me tag along with them please let me know.

Thanks

Paul Boyle 2

Reaction score
Hi all

Count me in please would be nice to meet a few faces and pick up a few new tricks to,either day would be finr for me.

thanks

Paul

W

Wolfman Woody

"Map to Clattercote - Clattercote is the little blue rectangle just above the word ‘Mollington’."

I like that! A map and every year he'll say to somebody in Tescos car park "If you know where it is, can I follow you because I've forgotten". He's only been 50 times or more.

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gifSadly I will have to skip this one then, as I already got other engagement on the 12th

I'm really gutted now/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif anyone got an idea where I can get an overdose of blue smarties?/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I`ve done plenty of method feeder fishing butno bagging waggler fishing what so ever,so i might just come along to this shindig???

For those who haven`t done any method feeder fishing before,its good fun especially when the carp are havin it!!! I`ve sat at drayton and had me rod pulled from the rest with a wanging big bite and also had to sit there on me hands waiting for the inevitable wrap round while you can see the rod tip .....tip,tap,tapping away from the carp banging away at the method feeder!!!

I have fished at clattercote a couple of times in club matches and managed a section win on the method feeder but that was down at the shallow end of the resevoir.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Wooooohoooooo i'm deffo coming, and peter, i've forgotten loads so you can teach me alot of things/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<u>CLATTERCOTE RESERVOIR, SATURDAY, 12TH APRIL 2008</u>

Graham Marsden

Stu Dexter

Woody

Neil Maidment

AndyW

Kevin Perkins

blankety blank

JK

Bryan Baron

Grumpy Git

Peter Webber

Steve Wilson

Chris Bettis

Speci-hunter

Matt Corker

Paul Boyle 2

Nick......

Wendy Perry 2

I'llkeep adding to this list as others say they would like to attend.

Stu Dexter, editor of Coarse Fisherman magazine, will be giving acomplete demo of mixing groundbait for Method fishing. He will also begiving advice onpole and method fishing through the day.

I'll be advising on method and bagging waggler fishing.

The day will be informal and fun, with those of us who are 'teaching' wandering the bank helping where we can, at least for the first few hours, or for as long as anyone needs help,and then we'll all fish until it's time to go home.

Those who want to can meet for breakfast at Tesco at 8am and the teach-in will start at 9.30am, or as soon as everyone has got their tackle to a swim, but no later than 10.00am.

I'll aska manufacturer to supply some end tackle and bait.

There will be a full picture feature of the dayon this site and possibly something in Coarse Fisherman.

Clattercote reservoir information

Map to Tesco's - Type Banbury in the locator box and then click on 'info and map'

Map to Clattercote - Clattercote is the little blue rectangle just above the word ‘Mollington’.

Extract from the fishery rules:[*]NEVER place fish on platforms or boards [*]Barbless hooks only – maximum hook size 8 [*]No braid is permitted as hooklength [*]All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand

Some advice about fishing Clattercote

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Woody, I haven't been there anywhere near 50 times, more like 20, and I'm getting better at finding it every time, so there.