Clattercote Teach-in (12th April 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
M

mickcc

Graham, put my name on the list please, I've never tried these fishing styles so I appreciate the offer of tuition and look forward to putting faces to names. I'm all excited now /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<u>CLATTERCOTE RESERVOIR, SATURDAY, 12TH APRIL 2008</u>

Graham Marsden

Stu Dexter

Woody

Neil Maidment

AndyW

Kevin Perkins

blankety blank

JK

Bryan Baron

Grumpy Git

Peter Webber

Steve Wilson

Chris Bettis

Speci-hunter

Matt Corker

Paul Boyle

Nick......

Wendy Perry

Mark Wintle

mickcc

I'llkeep adding to this list as others say they would like to attend.

Stu Dexter, editor of Coarse Fisherman magazine, will be giving acomplete demo of mixing groundbait for Method fishing. He will also begiving advice onpole and method fishing through the day.

I'll be advising on method and bagging waggler fishing.

The day will be informal and fun, with those of us who are 'teaching' wandering the bank helping where we can, at least for the first few hours, or for as long as anyone needs help,and then we'll all fish until it's time to go home.

Those who want to can meet for breakfast at Tesco at 8am and the teach-in will start at 9.30am, or as soon as everyone has got their tackle to a swim, but no later than 10.00am.

I'll aska manufacturer to supply some end tackle and bait.

There will be a full picture feature of the dayon this site and possibly something in Coarse Fisherman.

Clattercote reservoir information

Map to Tesco's - Type Banbury in the locator box and then click on 'info and map'

Map to Clattercote - Clattercote is the little blue rectangle just above the word ‘Mollington’.

Extract from the fishery rules:[*]NEVER place fish on platforms or boards [*]Barbless hooks only – maximum hook size 8 [*]No braid is permitted as hooklength [*]All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand

Some advice about fishing Clattercote

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Just for you Wendy:
jwsauce7.jpg

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Just had a thought, well have to close the list at 25 or it's going to become unmanageable and we'll be all over the reservoir. The only way we can have 20 or more pegs in a line is to book them as a match, and I don't want to do that so as to keep the day as informal as possible.

So once the list reaches 25 we'll take reserves from there and use them to fill any cancellations between then and the 12th April.

If there are a number of members who end up disappointed there's nothing to stop us running another teach-in at a later date.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Oh graham, there is plenty for us all there/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifsauce that is !

Reaction score
I had a look at some of the pastthreads and articles about FM's exploits at Clattercote.

It appears that FM members seem to scare the fish away - usually into the swim of one fortunate angler!

W

Wolfman Woody

"well have to close the list at 25"

Don't count me as fishing, please. I'll just be whip-cracking, making sure everyone else is fishing.

You don't have to reserve any brown sauce for me either.

I can bring my own if I want. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Hi Graham

Haven't been on the site for a while but came across this thread. I'd be very keen to attend to hone my lack of match fishing skills! Let me know if I'm in or put me on the reserve list. Thanks.

W

Wolfman Woody

"It's not you that scares the fish off is it Woody?"

Now just watch it Corker, you could end up with me as your mentor -

Teaching you how to fish the "BRICKS tied around the ankles and thrown in" method.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Graham Marsden

Stu Dexter

Woody

Neil Maidment

AndyW

Kevin Perkins

blankety blank

JK

Bryan Baron

Grumpy Git

Peter Webber

Steve Wilson

Chris Bettis

Speci-hunter

Matt Corker

Paul Boyle

Nick......

Wendy Perry

Mark Wintle

mickcc

Mike Mortimore

Yacko

brewery boy

Stu Dexter, editor of Coarse Fisherman magazine, will be giving acomplete demo of mixing groundbait for Method fishing. He will also begiving advice onpole and method fishing through the day.

The day will be informal and fun, with those of us who are 'teaching' wandering the bank helping where we can, at least for the first few hours, or for as long as anyone needs help,and then we'll all fish until it's time to go home.

Those who want to can meet for breakfast at Tesco at 8am and the teach-in will start at 9.30am, or as soon as everyone has got their tackle to a swim, but no later than 10.00am.

There will be a full picture feature of the dayon this site and possibly something in Coarse Fisherman.

Map to Tesco's - Type Banbury in the locator box and then click on 'info and map'

Map to Clattercote - Clattercote is the little blue rectangle just above the word ‘Mollington’.

Extract from the fishery rules:[*]NEVER place fish on platforms or boards [*]Barbless hooks only – maximum hook size 8 [*]No braid is permitted as hooklength [*]All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand

23 so far- 2 places left.

P

peter webber

I'm still looking for a lift to this one from anyone down my way - that or will need my name taken of so someone else can go.

the bagger

Reaction score
hi graham

please add me to list as i would like to attend with brewery boy

S

Steve Wilson

hopefully ill be able to show you all the way to use the baggin waggler Clattercote style

as for the pole at Clattercote it just doesnt seem to work there

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Graham Marsden

Stu Dexter

Woody

Neil Maidment

AndyW

Kevin Perkins

blankety blank

JK

Bryan Baron

Grumpy Git

Peter Webber

Steve Wilson

Chris Bettis

Speci-hunter

Matt Corker

Paul Boyle

Nick......

Wendy Perry

Mark Wintle

mickcc

Mike Mortimore

Yacko

brewery boy

Steve King

the bagger

25 -Any more names nowgo onto a reserve list