Clattercote Teach-in (12th April 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date

Chris Bettis

Reaction score
Nigel,

Good point about braid - will probably stick to good old tough mono and take no chances

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<u>CLATTERCOTE RESERVOIR, SATURDAY, 12TH APRIL 2008</u>

<u>(List restricted to around 25)</u>

Graham Marsden

Stu Dexter

Woody

Neil Maidment

AndyW

Kevin Perkins

blankety blank

JK

Bryan Baron

Grumpy Git

Steve Wilson

Chris Bettis

Speci-hunter

Matt Corker

Paul Boyle

Nick......

Wendy Perry

Mark Wintle

mickcc

Mike Mortimore

Yacko

brewery boy

Steve King

the bagger

John Patterson

That's 25, so the list is full, but pleasehave your name added to the reserves list

Stu Dexter, editor of Coarse Fisherman magazine, will be giving acomplete demo of mixing groundbait for Method fishing. He will also begiving advice onpole and method fishing through the day.

I'll be advising on method and bagging waggler fishing.

The day will be informal and fun, with those of us who are 'teaching' wandering the bank helping where we can, at least for the first few hours, or for as long as anyone needs help,and then we'll all fish until it's time to go home.

Those who want to can meet for breakfast at Tesco at 8am and the teach-in will start at 9.30am, or as soon as everyone has got their tackle to a swim, but no later than 10.00am.

I'll aska manufacturer to supply some end tackle and bait.

There will be a full picture feature of the dayon this site and possibly something in Coarse Fisherman.

Clattercote reservoir information

Map to Tesco's - Type Banbury in the locator box and then click on 'info and map'

Map to Clattercote - Clattercote is the little blue rectangle just above the word ‘Mollington’.

Extract from the fishery rules:[*]NEVER place fish on platforms or boards [*]Barbless hooks only – maximum hook size 8 [*]No braid is permitted as hooklength [*]All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand

Some advice about fishing Clattercote

<u>Reserves List</u>

Fred Boniface

NOTE: If we end up with only a handful of reserves they can come along anyway, as there are always a few who have put their names down and don't turn up without letting us know.

Fred Boniface

Reaction score
As the only current "reserve" I am definitely planning to attend - just thought I would ask if anyone else is attending from Milton Keynes and can offer a lift.

It might save some domestic strife if I do not disappear for twelve hours with the family bus. I will if I have to but may arrive missing some vital organs....

Is it the Banbury Tesco for Breakfast ?

Fred

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Boniface wrote (see</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Is it the Banbury Tesco for Breakfast ?

Fred</blockquote>

Yes Fred

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

Ive just got back from my first trip to clattercote. There was one person there when i got there who left after about an hour, two more turned up and stayed for about an hour and a half and another chap turned up and couldnt have had his bait in the water more than 10 mins before he gave up and left. They were all fishing the first bank nearest to the car park. I chose to fish the opposite bank and sat on peg 112 because the wind was off my back and it was relatively sheltered. I fished several different methods (all described on here previously) and didnt have a twitch in the 6 hours I was there. There was however a couple of Crested Grebes working the area in front of me, do you think they were having all my bait away ? and perhaps even scaring the fish off ?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Graham, can't make this one now. It seems I have a date with the wife and "Joseph and his bleedin coat of many colours" in London!/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<u>CLATTERCOTE RESERVOIR, SATURDAY, 12TH APRIL 2008</u>

<u>(List restricted to around 25)</u>

Graham Marsden

Stu Dexter

Woody

Fred Boniface

AndyW

Kevin Perkins

blankety blank

JK

Bryan Baron

Grumpy Git

Steve Wilson

Chris Bettis

Speci-hunter

Matt Corker

Paul Boyle

Nick......

Wendy Perry

Mark Wintle

mickcc

Mike Mortimore

Yacko

brewery boy

Steve King

the bagger

John Patterson

That's 25, so the list is full, but pleasehave your name added to the reserves list

Stu Dexter, editor of Coarse Fisherman magazine, will be giving acomplete demo of mixing groundbait for Method fishing. He will also begiving advice onpole and method fishing through the day.

I'll be advising on method and bagging waggler fishing.

The day will be informal and fun, with those of us who are 'teaching' wandering the bank helping where we can, at least for the first few hours, or for as long as anyone needs help,and then we'll all fish until it's time to go home.

Those who want to can meet for breakfast at Tesco at 8am and the teach-in will start at 9.30am, or as soon as everyone has got their tackle to a swim, but no later than 10.00am.

I'll aska manufacturer to supply some end tackle and bait.

There will be a full picture feature of the dayon this site and possibly something in Coarse Fisherman.

Clattercote reservoir information

Map to Tesco's - Type Banbury in the locator box and then click on 'info and map'

Map to Clattercote - Clattercote is the little blue rectangle just above the word ‘Mollington’.

Extract from the fishery rules:[*]NEVER place fish on platforms or boards [*]Barbless hooks only – maximum hook size 8 [*]No braid is permitted as hooklength [*]All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand

Some advice about fishing Clattercote

<u>Reserves List</u>

Mick Patterson

Geoff Furnival

NOTE: If we end up with only a handful of reserves they can come along anyway, as there are always a few who have put their names down and don't turn up without letting us know.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Hi Graham,

Have you managed a date for the actual match yet?

Thanks

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Oh dear

Its just my hand writing - to me it clearly says the 17th

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I do not want to confuse anyone.I just wondered if Graham had actually booked the 17th and wanted any money from us.

W

Wolfman Woody

Will Mr Marzdin please note - I WILL <u>NOT</u> BE FISHING ON THE 12th! I keep ending up on this list and I keep saying the same thing.

I will be there to help if required.

If I am not required then I shall sit behind Kevin Perkins with camera at the ready in case he falls off his chair again. If Mr Marzdin can get the loan of a video recorder then I would like to capture Kevin's fall on that and get £250 for the clip for TV.

Note to Kevin - if you can arrange said fall, would you consider ending up in the water as then, 'You've Been Framed' are sure to buy the clip and there's a drink in it for you!

Although Clattercote water doesn't taste too nice, so I've heard.

W

Wolfman Woody

You saucy mare.

That's clipped from a group photo at my son's wedding. It was a happy time.

Reaction score
Oh when I look closely I can just see your smile starting to break /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

You'll be laughing when you watch my attempts at Clattercote, so we'll get you a new photo then.

How come the Clattercote events are held so early in the season?

I understand it can be very peggy until later in the year.