Fly Fishing Day at Press Manor

dezza

Reaction score
Well the much enjoyed trout fishing day at Press Manor has come and gone. A full report will follow in due course.

A few of you will want to know who won the Andy Wright trophy which this year was awarded to who I though was the most improved angler.

Well the winner was Ed Bibby and I'll let you know my reasons for this in the report, complete with photographs.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I enjoyed myself a great deal, it was challenging with the wind but 10 fish with a best one of just over 3lb was a good result.

Eddie deserved the trophy however as bung and blob is hardly purist :O)

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Wow! You two kissed and made up then? :D :D

I couldn't kiss Ed Bibby....... no way!

We've never fallen out .... And I DID give Ron a kiss on the cheek (the facial one, before anyone say's anything !!)

~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a good laugh ....... and thanks to everyone for a good day !!

(170 mile round trip for me ...)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great day...even if the weather God's were not with us. Wonderful to meet folk who I hadn't met before. And even I eventually found a rainbow stupid enough to take my fly!

Only problem was the vibration in the car all the way home...Spiders couldn't stop shivering..then he fell asleep and he hadn't had a drop of Port!

Thanks for organising it Ron, look forward to next year.

And finally thanks to Nurse Cratchitt for letting Ed, Graham and Uncle Dave out on there own without the usual wise supervision.

The Potty Fisher came in very handy!

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I had a great day - thanks to all

Caught 4 trout so my best effort to date on the fly

Trouble is now I've got a stiff neck from the gale tha twas blowing and a pains in my shoulders from casting (it ok for those that can cast 30y but those like Poshers and myself who manage 10y on a good cast are casting 10 times as many as other so injuries happen)

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

THose that had the ploughman's lunch - Did you ask for the full version after the small sample?

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
You was lucky me lud, I managed to cast 30 yard without any problems what so ever.

Make that 5 yard out and the other 25 yard behind me. I battled against the wind/gale/tornado/hurricane/tempest/whirlwind and storm.

I got battered.

Thanks to Ron, I've now got to practice my "pinch and loop". He tied a mean March Brown.

Ed mastered the Pinch, that why he nabbed the trophy.

Morespiders

Reaction score
The whole thing was a farce, Ron the Rat Clay, gave the trophy to the most improved angler Mr Bibby, the blokes gone backwards, not improved, also i think there was some underhanded tricks about. I saw Bibby pass the Rat £10s under the table.
I gave you a Lefty Kray video Mr Clay at the start of the day, that alone should have been enough to secure the vase for another year, unfortunatly you welshed on the deal , your not to be trusted again.
Anyway that aside, twas a good laugh, spoilt by the terrible gusting wind and the cold.
Well done Mr Swords, you well won with 10 fish, but to no avail alas, Did you talk to the Rat on the way home?:D

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
Had a fantastic days fishing my best yet at the press manor fish-ins on the day i had 5 fish ,three trout ,one gudgeon and a 10 pound haddock :rolleyes:

and 1 of me trout was caught on one of rons blobs :wh

ronsblob.jpg

Morespiders

Reaction score
Half measures? theres more cheese in one Cheesy Whotsit than we got, we cant go back again anyway Ged, Rons wandering hands with the girl saw to that

Reaction score
Those of us who had the belly port, faggots and black puddings got the real deal in the view of the professional chef amongst us..what do you mean I was the only one who ordered it?

Well that's Posh Nosh for you