Fly Fishing Day at Press Manor

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
So thats why he was collecting the money, hush money was it? At first I thought it was something to do with Ed and Graham.

Chav, i didn't think that Rons blob was that big! Ed and Graham said the three of them were only little. Probably why Ron has wonderiong hands.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Ploughmans lunch ?? The bloody ploughman would have starved to death if that was all he got to eat !

Mind you -- it was served on a nice block of wood ...... I saw Graham trying to bite a chunk out of his -- he borrowed my forceps to get the splinters out of his gums.

~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

Reaction score
The look on Graham's face when he had that put before him was priceless.

There wasn't even any pickle with it .... and just one slice of bread ...

Mind you, he couldn't have been that hungry --he left the jelly out of his piece of pie.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spiders, DON'T you be calling Ron a rat ----Ron's alright --he's a very nice man .... even if he was feeling the waitress's arse while she was bending over .....

Last edited:

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I must admit that I was disapointed not to win especially after I had chosen South African flies believing they would give me the edge in Ron affections.

My first 2 fish were caught on a tetse fly immitation...It was very effective but after a while made me drowsy

I them switched over to the Aparthied Mayfly and took another fish( Black body with White wings) but it fell apart eventually

I tried an ANC PTN but that was no good so I switched to an Eugen Terrblanche AWB GRHE with a fancy little gold head...but its head fell off

That was when I switched over to the Mandela Blob...A fly that has been imprisoned in my box for years. What a revelation!

As soon as it was out it simply dominated the proceedings with its gaudy colours and frizzy hair !

South African Flies are ace!

But they do seem to be very fragile...I noticed that mine seem to arange themselves into colour coordinated patterns and about 30% of the black ones lose weight and shed thier hackles before falling to bits for no apparent reason.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
I must admit that I was disapointed not to win especially after I had chosen South African flies believing they would give me the edge in Ron affections.

My first 2 fish were caught on a tetse fly immitation...It was very effective but after a while made me drowsy

I them switched over to the Aparthied Mayfly and took another fish( Black body with White wings) but it fell apart eventually

I tried an ANC PTN but that was no good so I switched to an Eugen Terrblanche AWB GRHE with a fancy little gold head...but its head fell off

That was when I switched over to the Mandela Blob...A fly that has been imprisoned in my box for years. What a revelation!

As soon as it was out it simply dominated the proceedings with its gaudy colours and frizzy hair !

South African Flies are ace!

But they do seem to be very fragile...I noticed that mine seem to arange themselves into colour coordinated patterns and about 30% of the black ones lose weight and shed thier hackles before falling to bits for no apparent reason.

Interpretation of the above:

Like Ron, He fished a blob under a bung.

Which is terrible, very non-purist. At least I fished a proper buzzer under my bung after the first two fish.

The ploughman's we had at a cost of £9, and a pint of lager at £4, made London prices look cheap.

Mind you, Lee's pressie made up for it:w Thanks mate!

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Eddy Bibby? Well he's had long enough to improve!! Blobs under a bung? What is the world of trout fishing coming to - you'd be black balled in my club!

Shame I couldn't make it, but there's always next year. I'll have to try to convince Ron I'm **** and then stage a miraculous improvement on the day.:wh

Reaction score
Eddy Bibby? Well he's had long enough to improve!! Blobs under a bung? What is the world of trout fishing coming to - you'd be black balled in my club!

Shame I couldn't make it, but there's always next year. I'll have to try to convince Ron I'm **** and then stage a miraculous improvement on the day.:wh

To be honest Sean,..... I don't know why I won it, either .......

I didn't use a blob though.. (unlike Ron )

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Mmmm... trifle...

Sounds like I missed another cracking day out.

My car is on its way to the scrapyard in the sky I'm afraid. The clutch is hanging on by a thread so I decided that driving for an hour or so into the Peak District might not be a brilliant plan.

Like Sean says, there's always next year!

dezza

Reaction score
Isn't it incredible. No matter who I would have awarded that trophy to, I would have been stoned and castigated.

Can you imagine what would happen if I had given it to Barney, or Spiders, or Uncle Dave, or Big Swordsy or the Mighty MacWallet?

My brain went through a thousand turmoils when I finally made my decision.

My final decision was made and I will live with it!

Reaction score
Isn't it incredible. No matter who I would have awarded that trophy to, I would have been stoned and castigated.

Can you imagine what would happen if I had given it to Barney, or Spiders, or Uncle Dave, or Big Swordsy or the Mighty MacWallet?

Thanks Ron, my mate, I think I fully deserved it* .... take no notice of them all - they are just trying to wind you up !!

(* For travelling the furthest distance to get there )

Last edited:

Morespiders

Reaction score

How could you give it to Uncle or Mr Knowles, they didnt turn up until b l o o d y 3o clock,
Giving it to Bibby was dumb Ron, It should have been mine again.:D

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Very nice of that old man who came after lunch to help me with my casting ( he was the chap in the black Lexus that Ed was tryign to break into ) he spent about 20 minutes getting me to cast better - only thing he took my mono of and put some horrid fluro line on and then he kept my mono - I think he did it just to pinch some decent hook link mono;) Any one know who he was?:D