How did you get on?

JONM14

Reaction score
Fished a couple of places on the River Teme yesterday with my dad, went light and covered several swims, a few of which involved creating our own access to pegs that dad had fished years ago and you couldnt tell were there from the top of the bank. Most bigger fish in the Teme seem to have moved on from years ago, however had a great day catching small chub, big dace and grayling on the stick float. Lost a decent brown trout and had a couple of Salmon parr. Had small numbers of fish in each spot but i remember when some of the swims you could fish for hours and not have emptied them. An enjoyable day though and looking forward to my next trip.

Reaction score
I take you were a fair way upriver Jon,just by the fact you had grayling and trout,something I never saw on my visits...

JONM14

Reaction score
Couple of BAA stretches around Eastham bridge. Was going to start at Eastham bridge but had a couple of cars in the car park so tried another stretch and had it to ourselves.

mikench

Reaction score
Ditto Neil. Life is hard at the moment and I'm retired. :)

Gordon and I met up at a local canal for a day of diverse fishing. Here is the location;
IMG_7009.JPG
IMG_7010.JPG

It's a lovely spot in a quality location . We arrived early and I started on the feeder and Gordon, just for a change, float fished. He was soon off the mark. I struggled but final managed a perch on the maggot feeder. I switched to the float as the drizzle relented and the temperature increased. I ended up with 8 perch to 12oz and one tiny roach. Gordon had more and some nice roach.

We really enjoyed the day despite the difficult fishing because of conversation and a little bit of repartee with walkers and a lady horsewoman. The latter kindly advised that she was excercising her horse and to be beware if we had those long Rods which stretched into the field. We assumed she meant anglers with 20 meter poles at least . At least the woman could have had an extra hurdle on her showjumping course.;) A lovely day shame about the fishing but you can't have everything.

I dispensed with the feeder rod early doors and set up a light lure rod. The only thing I Caught of significance was a branch with supermarket bag attached. I was convinced it was a humungeous perch but I'll get over it. Thanks again Gordon for a very enjoyable day's fishing.

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
18 codgers fished today on the Wendover arm in Tring, what a great turnout for a midweek canal match! A drizzly and overcast day with very little colour in the water. In fact on some pegs some could see their breadpunch on the deck...A couple of boats did come through and colour it up a bit for a short while. It was hard work but I found the roach in one part of my swim and plundered them on punch fished on a 2BB Stillwater blue waggler to a 20 B611...
Weighed in 3:12:0 for my second win this week...runner up had 2:5:0 and 3rd 2:3:0...
My net....

592AD9CA-923B-444D-8C82-74516C1FB28E.jpeg

rubio

Reaction score
After a lightning start to my river season a return to the club ponds has brought me down to earth. Struggling often to get through small stuff. A mid-double carp interrupted my crucian plans just as I thought it was working. There are a few barbel that are growing well and looking in top condition that have given me a tussle or two. Last night I decided to use a short whip and enjoy just catching. Fine plan poor execution. Seems I may have used rubber hooks. Can't remember last time I dropped so many fish off the hook. One small crucian finally showed up as dark dropped. Satisfaction enough and I packed and went home to see how warm my dinner was gonna be.

seth49

Reaction score
Back on the new fishery yesterday, started later to fish into the evening, and it was supposed to stop raining about twelve, it didn’t we had rain on and of till about six o clock, did feel warmer today.

Started on pole, at six metres fishing expanders, or worm first fish was a perch,and then a mixture of roach, skimmers, and F1s. I fed the margin and a few carp started coming in later, did finally catch one later on worm, dropped it just in front of it, and it took right away.

It fought well despite it having half of its tail missing, the size twelve Preston’s hollow elastic I had just put on this top kit controlled it well, out in the water, and then brought to the net with the side puller, margin went quiet after this, so I picked a couple of small barbel and some more silvers up casting a feeder to the island.

Not a bad day considering the heavy rain we have had lately, liking this new water and there’s two more to try yet.
E0E35164-DB47-4BA5-8D01-7E04DA5B2387.jpeg
C27560FF-87E8-43EE-A568-FCD728B6BD57.jpeg

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Ditto Neil. Life is hard at the moment and I'm retired. :)

Gordon and I met up at a local canal for a day of diverse fishing. Here is the location;
View attachment 9620View attachment 9621

It's a lovely spot in a quality location . We arrived early and I started on the feeder and Gordon, just for a change, float fished. He was soon off the mark. I struggled but final managed a perch on the maggot feeder. I switched to the float as the drizzle relented and the temperature increased. I ended up with 8 perch to 12oz and one tiny roach. Gordon had more and some nice roach.

We really enjoyed the day despite the difficult fishing because of conversation and a little bit of repartee with walkers and a lady horsewoman. The latter kindly advised that she was excercising her horse and to be beware if we had those long Rods which stretched into the field. We assumed she meant anglers with 20 meter poles at least . At least the woman could have had an extra hurdle on her showjumping course.;) A lovely day shame about the fishing but you can't have everything.

I dispensed with the feeder rod early doors and set up a light lure rod. The only thing I Caught of significance was a branch with supermarket bag attached. I was convinced it was a humungeous perch but I'll get over it. Thanks again Gordon for a very enjoyable day's fishing.
Which stretch is that Mike ,?

mikench

Reaction score
It's the stretch closest to Spud Car Park and only about 250 yards from where we were before. Gordon commented on whether you might turn up. The towpath is wider at this point.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had a few hours trotting on the river today, although I spent most of the time walking! It was overcast and a nice temp of around 18 when I set out to the river at just after 1.30pm and on my way back at 5pm it was about 22 but the sky had cleared and the sun was glarring down making it feel much warmer.
Anyhow, the fishing was ok when I actually did some, I had as many tiddly chublets and dace as I wanted and had a few decent chub also.
In one swim a cormorant poped up next to the banking and beneath my feet, same swim and I had a pike gatecrash the party. One pike tried to grab a quite decent chub and then whilst the chub was resting in the net head with it's friend before I took a picture of them either that same pike or another one came trying to get them out of my landing net....cheeky beggers them pike!

A couple of pic's...

peterjg

Reaction score
I've been doing ok recently apart from one trip where I broke a rod and cocked-up continuously! Had a few good catches of roach from the Thames on hemp.

Yesterday I fished a new stretch of the K&A canal, started early (up at 3.15am) and caught 50 roach, most of them being 8-12ozs. The majority were caught on float fished wheat with a few caught on legered pellets, surprisingly there was no other species, no pesky carp or snotties, not even the dreaded crayfish! Only 3 boats went past.

Reaction score
I went yesterday on a small local river,had another day of wrong tactics,wrong bait for my swim of choice,though had a reasonable amount of fish,started on the feeder on meat and pellet,had a few smallish chub,barbel and a dace,went on the float and caught quite a few more similar sized chub,before coming into the slack water where I'd seen good roach feeding on pellets i'd thrown down to attract passing carp and barbel,I caught several nice roach down there before changing to hemp and tare,first fish was a ten ounce dace,I went on to get twelve or thirteen more dace between six and eight ounces(lovely fish)plus fifteen to twenty roach up to twelve ounces before foul hooking a barbel that broke my hooklink under a snag,so I fished the straight lead down where i'd had the roach and dace and went on to catch 3 small barbel,by small I mean 6-12ozs,again lovely to see,a nice day by the riverbank with my three new found friends a robin and its two fledgelings which the parent brought down and were all sitting on my 3pt bait box helping themselves to 4mm pellets,another lovely sight...

On the downside of my day my swim had obviously attracted a very poor caster on a previous day,a leafy branch(well off the water)had three long lengths 5m of at least 10lb line with flotsam gathering on it,just upstream another similar length of line hanging from a bankside bush,above me I could see a loafer in the rushes,on my first cast on the float I picked up on another length of very heavy line(yes,my float landed exactly where I wanted,in the river,lol),luckily it was around 10m long and was attached to a piece of rope upstream and I was able with considerable effort to get the end of the line,wrap it around my sleeve and break it at the rope,so at least got some of this dangerous stuff out. This river is narrow,with no need for overhead casting anywhere,so there are some very poor casters fishing....

theartist

Reaction score
If you get line attached to rope Alan It's worth mentioning to the bailiffs as there's a lot of nefarious activity going on especially up the top end, also much of the line (not all mind) in the trees is a result of the after dark goings on

Last edited:

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I had an enjoyable session on a club pool yesterday, with a mixed bag of bream, roach and hybrids, plus a tench and a crucian on float-fished bread. Then I hooked something that fought like hell and turned out to be a brown goldfish weighing 2lb 12oz that looked as though it had been gorging on the carpers' boilies. What a shame it wasn't a crucian - it would have doubled my PB...Grange Tench.jpgGrange Crucian.jpgDSCF0744.jpg

barbelboi

Reaction score
I decided to walk the extra 10 minutes over the fields to try the main river this afternoon armed with a pin, Titan2000 and a bag of bits. The weather started with bright sunshine followed by white cloud cover, virtually no wind but an 'OK' flow although very clear. Once again trotted flake on a stick for some sightly better quality roach and a few small chub to around 3.5lb. Fished from 12.45 - 4.30.............
2july2020riverN3.JPG

2july2020riverN.JPG