John Ledger Memorial Fish-in, River Idle

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
sorry guys ,i sharn't be able too make it this year ,my brother was in a car crash and is all batted up ,but ok his air bags worked a treat it broke his nose though ,he was hit side on broke his ankle ,leg and arm and cracked a couple of ribs ,his air bag went off as he lerched too the side caught him smack in the face and has a nice seatbelt rash .he'll be in the hospital for the next week ,he's under observation tonight and getting his ankle snapped strait once the swelling goes down probably early tomorrow now ,then for once he'll be plastered without the aid of drink .he's had scans and things still found no signs of intelligence .everyones just glad he's ok .the other driver ran off ,joy rider jumping lights at a junction

i'll be running back & forth too the hospital the next couple of days as we've a couple of his kids staying here as well .shame as i've got everything ready polished me centrepins and everything .

i'm going too be really gutted saturday hanging around a hospital ward ,while me brother will have nurses fussing around him and me wishin i was fishin .

oh well theres always next year

Rickrod

Reaction score
I hope the police catch the scum. hope your brother makes afast and full recovery chavender

preston96

Reaction score
It doesn't look like i can make it either....have a good en.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your news Chavender. Hope your brother recovers and they catch the guy who did it.

As for the match I'd put Graham as favourite at 2:1 with Beecy second favourite at 3:1, 15:1 bar.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'd agree Sean.

I won't be fishing the match now, so yes, that puts Granville clear favourite :D Can I still enter the pools for the biggest roach? ;)

Sorry to hear you can't make it Chavender, hope your brother makes a speedy recovery.

Any chance you can pop over at about 8am and lend me yer pins? ;)
Mine sounds like a salt grinder!

How is the river looking Sean?

Reaction score
The big danger to Graham and Beecy is Spiders. If he catches then it's all over for them...they cannot compete with the accuracy of Derek's scales! Mind you I'm quietly confident.....I've read Ron's article on the Idle:eek:

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
The big danger to Graham and Beecy is Spiders. If he catches then it's all over for them...they cannot compete with the accuracy of Derek's scales! Mind you I'm quietly confident.....I've read Ron's article on the Idle:eek:

Oh dear Paul. Ron's articles are written with a little poetic licence. Has nobody told you that we're fishing the notorious Tidal Idal? It's a man's river: 15ft 2.5lb TC rods, 15lb line, 8oz feeders and 2 gallons of pellets are the going methods and that's just for the roach.

Don't worry about Derek's scales - mine are much better :wh

Don't know what the river's like at the mo - it's 60 miles away. I'd expect it to be up a bit and coloured, so other than, we're likely to have a frost on Friday and Saturday, it should fish OK.

Reaction score
Isn't the frost a tradition for this event....in fact any FM event held after September;)

Thanks for the tip Sean....I'll pop down the tackle shop and get some 12oz leads ....boilies and pellets on the bolt rig..Graham will be pleased with me!:wh:wh:D

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
OK folks, final numbers below. I'm around all day today so PM or post on here if you've any problems. I'll be hard to get hold of tomorrow as I've got an 18 hour day, but I'll try and check on here in the evening.

Sean Meeghan: breakfast, match, evening meal
Muffin: breakfast, match, evening meal
Fred Bonney: evening meal
Graham: breakfast, match, evening meal
Steve Spiller: breakfast, evening meal
Wendi Spiller: breakfast, evening meal
Jeff Spiller: breakfast, match, evening meal
NigelConnor: breakfast, match, evening meal
JK: breakfast,match, evening meal
Beecy: breakfast, match, evening meal
Mark Hewitt: breakfast, match, evening meal
His uncle: breakfast, match, evening meal
Ron: breakfast, evening meal
Mike Townsend: breakfast, match, evening meal
Mick Howson: breakfast, evening meal
Eddie Hirst: breakfast, match
Spiders: breakfast, match, evening meal
Posh Paul: breakfast, match, evening meal
Wol: Breakfast, evening meal??
Jim Baxter: Breakfast, match

For those of you who aren't staying over I've booked the meal for 7.00pm

Reaction score
Thanks Sean,

Enjoy the Mersey tomorrow - and remember...don't eat or drink anything unless it's been through Ed, Spiders and me first!!

(You've not convinced the landlady to put freshly caught cod on the menu??.....pressure!!!)

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
If we get no more rain there's a good chance the river will fish very well, even if it's still up.

I've had 20lb+ bags of roach in a few hours when the river's 18 inches up and dropping. I'll have a peek tomorrow and let you know the level.