Lower itchen fishery - fm fish’in 2014

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
What do you mean 'failed to catch'? This is the cream of FM's anglers you are talking about. Not the PaSC :w

Sour Cream more like nicepix :eek::eek:

The good thing with the fish ins, is the fun. Great banter before, during and after the days fishing.

Opinions of who said what, don't come into play, all in all, great days with some good memories.

Like the time i let Skippy have a Bivvy, a Sleeping Bag, and a Bed-Chair. then i had to set it all up for him. By the time i had done this, it was dark, time for food and drink.

By the time we got back to the Bivvy's, with plenty of food and drink having been consumed, it was to late to put my Bivvy up. So i spent the night asleep on the floor in Dave Giddys tent, that was so small my feet stuck outside.

Who said fishing isn't fun :D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Cream ? Yoghurt would be nearer the mark though anybody who delivers a blank on the LIF can look forward to serious public ridicule because I shall be doing the write up !

Flounders do not count. Nor do eels.

Says the angler who said he would never buy a set of alarms :D

Whats wrong with eels and Flounder ????

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Says the angler who said he would never buy a set of alarms :D

I never said that ! I said I'd never buy a bivvy,bedchair or pole and that's still [almost] true. I bought a pole 2 years ago but I've never used it. I still can't work out how you fit the reel on !

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Nothing...unless that's all you catch in which case I will deem it a "virtual blank".

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Like the time i let Skippy have a Bivvy, a Sleeping Bag, and a Bed-Chair. then i had to set it all up for him. By the time i had done this, it was dark, time for food and drink.

By the time we got back to the Bivvy's, with plenty of food and drink having been consumed, it was to late to put my Bivvy up. So i spent the night asleep on the floor in Dave Giddys tent, that was so small my feet stuck outside.

Who said fishing isn't fun :D

All true....and very cosy it was too but if I'd had to put the bivvy up I'd still have been there a week later. Fishing was poor as I recall but it was a great trip. Some serious characters there from the old FM days....Slimemonster Giddy, Uncle Dave, The Dalai Spiders, Steve Spiller and [of course] the head of the Cheshunt Mafiosi...Don Gingio Clarke ! :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Don't neglect your pole Skip - it's the ideal tool, with a cupping kit, to get your feed and running line end tackle under that dodgy raft/bush/snag on the other side of the river...........

nicepix

Reaction score
The good thing with the fish ins, is the fun. Great banter before, during and after the days fishing.

Opinions of who said what, don't come into play, all in all, great days with some good memories.

I have fond memories of forum fish ins. Like the sea trout & mullet fish in where we nearly had to spend a cold night on a sand bank due to a fast incoming tide, and that was after we'd all donated clothing to the one who fell in. And the trout fishing one where I drew the only boat without an engine, in a gale, and a partner who couldn't row for medical reasons. Not to mention the kayak fishing one where I capsized and only then found out that I hadn't done up the neck seal on my kag.

I don't remember one without incident :D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
All true....and very cosy it was too but if I'd had to put the bivvy up I'd still have been there a week later. Fishing was poor as I recall but it was a great trip. Some serious characters there from the old FM days....Slimemonster Giddy, Uncle Dave, The Dalai Spiders, Steve Spiller and [of course] the head of the Cheshunt Mafiosi...Don Gingio Clarke ! :D

Not so much of the Don :D

If I can't weigh in Eels, you can't weigh in Crayfish, i remember you seem to catch them in great numbers.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Eels are protected and have to be returned, Flounders are not and can be removed and eaten......if you can get them off the Keeper's dog :eek:mg:

:D

I wouldn't take any fish to eat, I hate bloody Eels, as for the flounder, can they be used for table tennis bats ????:wh

aebitim

Reaction score
Frankly begining to regret signing up for this fish, rekon me and Kelly might waste our preciouse time somewhere else

nicepix

Reaction score
Frankly begining to regret signing up for this fish, rekon me and Kelly might waste our preciouse time somewhere else

Nah. you'll have a great time. Just remember to take your Okuma Trent for those out of season tourists :D

aebitim

Reaction score
Nah. you'll have a great time. Just remember to take your Okuma Trent for those out of season tourists :D

The trent is the one thing that is allways with me, doesnt get used every time but its allways with me. Hows things down south?