?Open? Fish-In, Beauchamp Court, River Severn.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Wiktor, calm down mate, where did all of this anger come from?

Fred is a nice bloke actually Wiktor, I think you might have mis-interpreted some of his posts. And before you ask, no I am not in the B.S and no I am not going to the B.S bash tomorrow, but good luck to everyone who is.

See you tomorrow evening Paul.

Pack it in Slimey.........../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifyou little/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Me too Slimey, back to school times, 100 lines I must learn to spell correctly before I try touse big worlds.

After a day like today Steve, the nicebloke goes missing when plonkers come on the scene, blaming everybody else for their inability to help themselves..

I've missed a very important meeting, and a potential great day of fishing, and meeting new people.

Icouldn't be happier./forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
At least I have something to look forward to ,you obvieslly know it all MR Bonn ey.I hope your polish is at least half good as my english/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.I have to say that, as you Are such a nice bloke.

F

Fred Bonney

I can polish floors as good as anybody ,Wiktor/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

You must use a capital P,for your Country of origin.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Vic,

Have a large Vodka, a good nights sleep.

Get up in a good mood tomorrow morning, go to the fish in.

There you will meet some very nice people, have a great day fishing, a laugh and make new friends.

If you catch a few fish it will top off the day.

Have a great day Vic, and all those going.

ps, if you get lost vic, Blame FRED

F

Fred Bonney

/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Fred,

Do you get the impression Wiktor is upset with you?

Is that Wiktor, like wobert the wobber, from Monty Pythons Life of Brian

S

STEVE POPE

Hi All,

Pleased to have met up some FM members yesterday, the fishing was hard but I'm sure everyone had a good time, hope so!

We were very pleased with the turn out and it's always good to meet up with fellow anglers face to face on the river bank where it is so much easier to ask and answer any questions.

Hope you enjoyed chatting to the BS members and hope you decide to join us!

Thanks for coming along, good fishing to you all.

Steve.

F

Fred Bonney

Sunday morning arrived, an hour later for most people .... and possibly 2 hours earlier for some who got the 'clocks change' wrong! It was a drippy, wet start, ... well after a bacon 'n' egg brekky it was.
The BS 'overnight crew' had managed to tempt a barbel and few chub, so hopes were tentative to say the least.

Most of the pre-registered 'guests' made it plus a few who turned up on spec, and filled the place!

The rain stopped around 09.15am and the weather was kind for most of the rest of the day, with some warmth for a few minutes in the midday sunshine.

I think we, collectively, managed to speak to everyone of the attendees a couple of times during the day and thanks go to all of you for that, from me and the 'guests'.... even though most of the advice on tactics was scorned by the barbel.

One was caught early on (Ron Lander on hand to photograph it!) and one, of quite a decent size I'm told, escaped. A few chub and pike were captured but, all in all, the barbel were conspicuous by their absence.

Our raffle, in aid of the 3 Counties Air Ambulance Service, raised the princely sum of ?164.00 .... and Mark Fox, John Smith, Mike Berridge and I knew where every ticket holder was sat fishing!!! Especially so after the draw, when Mike & I then had our 6th. up-and-down trek, distributing the prizes to the winners.

Will Golightly will ensure the cheque is sent soon, along with notification to our sponsors of both of the 'Open' days, of the fruits of their superb generosity.

Mike Berridge enrolled two members on the day and also gave out quite a few membership forms to those with insufficient funds on them to enable decisions to be made.

Once again, my thanks to all the members and officers who attended and made it a decent day for the 'guests', y'all know who y'are, guys 'n' gal!

Mike.

ps... A special 'Thanks' to the 5 strong crew from Fishing Magic, who came along with ****ie Fisk, and seem like a bunch of real decent folk; nice to meet them and I hope we'll meet up again, wherever. One of 'em, a reputed 'tackle-tart' (according to his companions), drew the 1st. prize rod.?? Well done, Mike Last!! _________________________
Mike Osborne

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Was a nice day out, shame the fish did not show, I had one decent take but it snagged me up and broke the line, but at least i got a nice rod from the raffle as consolation.

Thanks to everyone who organised it, and I hope that everything is OK Fred, shame you could not make it.

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks Mike, it is a shame, I was really looking forward to it, not fished there yet!

Hopefully,what stopped me attending is mending well.

Well done in the raffle, I understand Mr Maidment also walked away with a prize.

There are many stories of a not too good season so far, on the river, perhaps next year!

Mithrandir

Reaction score
The river was hard work, we fished upstream friday and Saturday, We nearly all blanked ( jeff "lucky" spiller sneaked out a barbel and a zander on Saturday), the friday was better, A few of us caught on the Friday, and I managed by second and third barbel ever, a 5lb 7oz and 10lb 10oz, so I was happy.

I think the conditions were against us Sunday, looked a nice stretch, just watch out for the snags where I fished, snags often mean fish, but make it difficult, and as a relative novice i still struggle a bit with the " big fish on" syndrome and make simple errors.

When you see the guys who organised it, please thank them again from me.

F

Fred Bonney

Will do Mike.

Firsttwo barbel,including a double too? Lucky b!