Press Manor Fly Fish-in (10th May 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
S

Sean Meeghan

Damn! I'm on holiday that week. Won't be able to win the cut glass chamber pot this year!

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Is that Junc 29 M1 ish?

I'm a learner with this fly type kit, would love to go, depends on a few things though.

Am watching with interest.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Not sure which turnoff just go into Chesterfield and take the Chatswoth turning out Buxton etc

Where you coming from

Look on map its Wingerworth off A61 j 29-30 depending where your coming from

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Make sure you have had all your jabs. We don't want you bringing anything nasty with you. Infecting the pure undiluted goodness that is the northerner.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I'm really gutted but I'm going to have to miss this one.

Too much fishing in one month, I had to choose this or Clattercote and I'm plumping for the Clattercote match.

There's always next year and I'll have time to pratice by then.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I thought i might have to miss out on this one after checking on the jabs. But Mr Patel the GP says the chances of the natives catching 'The Queens English', 'A Sense of humour', and ' A degree of Dacorum' or so slim it's not worth worrying about...

Morespiders

Reaction score
Give him the wrong directions Bryan, if he makes it we will poison him at dinner,

Trebor

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Good luck to you all on this event. I'm not a fly fisherman but I was a member of the carp syndicate at Press for about 10 years from 1996. I live about 10mins away in Chesterfield which was always pretty handy.

I guess that Bernie Maher will be involved, assuming he is still the owner of course. I've not seen him for a few years but have fond memories of fishing at Press. It was always so damn peaceful down there and a pretty spot too. In the early days of the carp syndicate I could turn up on a weekend and be the only one there. Pure bliss!

If anyone sees Bernie on the day, please say hello for me.

Hope you all catch loads!

Cheers,

Trebor (Rob Such)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Trebor.

Pop along on the day.

I can always lend you a outfit if you wish to have a go. If not we always have a lunch break at the local pub.

Bernie is usually there on the day.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Yes Murray we wouldnt be going otherwise!. Dont you want any black pudding mash?.

CAT

Reaction score
I will make one Ron,

Best get the vice out and tie some Alder larvae, takes some tying but a killer pattern in May.