Retirement from FishingMagic – in full this time!

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
About time too to echo Wol, you deserve it Graham, it is time to sit back and let others worry about the site whilst you enjoy yourself. No excuse not to have a few days on the Wye now is there?

Can we expect a flood of fishing items on ebay or will they appear on here under "Garage internet sale" :p

Will the famous never emptying wallet finally fit in the boot through lack of nourishment?

Congratulations and good luck in your retirement mate, may it be a long and happy one.

From one old git to another, thanks Graham. And no items for sale, I'll be using them!:eek:

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

I hope that in the future I have the privilege of your company on the odd fishing trip, possibly in the company of Spiders - proving that you haven't completely come to your senses!!!

You certainly will Poshers, and I hope I'll never be too sensible - that's why I fish with Eddie Bangladesh and Spiders.:eek:

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Graham, you've done us all proud over the years, time to sit back and enjoy your time.

There's be no sitting back Fred, but I'll certainly be enjoying it!

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Wishing you all that you would wish yourself...

Thanks Merv, appreciated.

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Who's gonna keep this lot in check when you're gone?!

Nobody I hope Nathan, they're a good bunch anyway and most of the time it's been easy.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

I wish you all the very best for the future.

Thanks Mark!

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

I hope when I say you won’t be missed it will be because you are still visiting us and writing those articles and reviews you promised. I do wish you a happy time in your retirement, but in truth, I think you’re just taking a detour on your journey, so enjoy it all and bon voyage.

I will be contributing as I know how much contributions mean to whoever runs the site and it's good to give something back. Thanks for all your contributions in the past Jeff, and long may they continue.

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

At least when you've left, you've got a better excuse for not buying a round! Really, very very best wishes for your future projects.

I don't need an excuse to keep the wallet under lock and key Mark; but thanks for the good wishes!

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

For someone who is wholly responsible for allowing my inane ramblings to deface the internet you should have been sent packing years ago……. And because you were willing to let me loose I am always going to be in your debt

That'll be a pint then Kevin, and whoever is responsible after me has had strict instructions to publish your different and refreshing ramblings.

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Enjoy your fishing and book writing - is it with my friend Mark W again? Hope to meet you at a fish -in soon - for some reason every time I come to one you mysteriously have other commitments and can't attend.

Hope we meet soon your Lordship. Some of the book writing will indeed be with Mark and some as a lone venture.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Keep well and enjoy whatever spare time you can muster, a busy man is always a busy man, even in retirement!!

I hope so Steve, it what keeps us old 'uns going. That and being rescued at times from the Home for the Bewildered!:D

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

You have certainly earned your retirement.

Thanks Paul.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

good luck with whatever you decide to do next.

Thanks Captain, I'll probably need it.:confused:

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Good luck and all the best Graham. With all the projects I can't see you relaxing in a rocker with your slipper on.

Thanks Wobbly, but I can write with one hand and sip a nice malt with the other!

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

As a relatively new member all can say is "Thanks" for a truely great site.

Thanks Mark.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Good luck with any future endeavours Graham, and thank's for the help when I needed it. It was much appreciated.

My pleasure Derek.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

Good luck Graham and hope you keep in touch

Thanks Cakey, but who else is going to supply you with the dodgy...... oops!

J K

Reaction score
What can I say Graham that hasn't already been said but there's one question that's been bugging me. What the heck is Lobby? :confused: Here's to a long and happy retirement. :w

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good on ya Boss ;)

I would like to echo all of the comments already made and add that you are also a true gentleman and a lovely bloke. You deserve to sit back and enjoy yourself now and feel VERY proud of what you have achieved.

I've made some lifelong friends through FM and that is down to you, if it wasn't for FM I wouldn't have met any of these friends, so thanks for that Boss.

I bet you didn't imagine all those years ago that FishingMagic would evolve into the best fishing site on the www.

Anyway, thankyou Graham I'll always think of you as 'little stubby legs Marsbar' Or Mac Wallet Or ............;):D

And you'll always be welcome on my river anytime mate.

Very best wishes for you and your family.

Steve & Wend.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
John, lobby is what we round here call stew and posh folk call casserole.:eek:

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Anyway, thankyou Graham I'll always think of you as 'little stubby legs Marsbar' Or Mac Wallet Or ............

Thankyou Steve and Wend. Steve, the man who couldn't eat a steak I'd have as a starter.:p

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
I've never heard so much creeping and snivelling -It 's enough to make you sick !!!:eek:

After fishing with him for over 40 years I think it should be me thats getting all the accolades --by God,it hasn't been easy I can tell you !!;)

But truthfully I'd like to wish him a "Really Happy Retirement" for real this time
We'll still be fishing together every week, hopefully for a long time yet ,still talking a load of rubbish--and having a good laugh doing it.

slime monster

Reaction score
Being of advanced years myself and still working full time I fully understand why you have decided to retire Graham,I have had the pleasure of meeting you once and I sincerely hope to again,good luck old lad.

Dave

S

Scott Whatmore

Well Graham, for a 2nd time I wish you a well deserved and long retirement. Please do stick to it this time because your goals and grandkids need your full attention.

I do hope you'll pop in from time to time because I'm sure most will agree your humour, level headed thinking and experience (both fishing & life) is a joy to read.

Scott

ps it's all happening this week eh. Ed's frog jumps again and GM jumps ship. what a week !

Shine

Reaction score
What a great way for me to hit a personal milestone. The 2000th post goes to The Boss...

Graham. I wish you a long, healthy, happy retirement.

Best wishes for the future.

Dave

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I'm another who joined up after seeing the living legend, Mr Marsden called F.M. home, I have spent many hours learning from Graham's writings and DVD's (VHS before that). A more down to earth and friendly person you would struggle to meet in any walk of life. It's been a pleasure, both here and the original F.M. Graham you have made this the number one angling site on the net.

I hope your retirement brings you everything you deserve Graham and many years to enjoy it.

r1paul

Reaction score
All the best to you Graham , you deserve it , and thanks for all you have done for FM over the years .:cool::)

Rickrod

Reaction score
All the very best with your retirement and wishing you many more tight lines and thank you for helping me with the fm cross over.Good luck Graham

Rick

Welsh Goff I Do luv My Sheep

Reaction score
Retirement

Graham, i always thought of you as Mr fishing Magic it was your baby (and i think you do too) so a very happy retirement Mr Fishing Magic and go and catch some big uns.

Specihunter

Reaction score
HAPPY RETIREMENT Graham Fm won't be the same without you(ish). I hope to meet you at some Fishins this year.

All the best tight lines

Speci

Morespiders

Reaction score
Retirement, Who's going to pay for you to stay in Sunny Days Retirement Home, you can only just afford it now, plus paying me for taking you.
Silly ole b*****r:D