River Itchen Grayling day

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Love the young bit ;-).......cheeky is my middle name....hey cakester I'll have your mobile phone if you don't want it ;-)

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

Cheers Peter I'll be using my new Abu 704 which I bought for trotting, because I could not decide on a pin, looking forward to using one of yours.

Lot of talk about money, I'll wait till I get to the pub before I get mine out.

Taking candy from a baby springs to mind.

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

Wrong end of the stick !

I didn't mean me taking money, the other way round.
Peter feeding fish whilst playing a fish, I'm still worrying about getting that one in the net, let alone catching more.
The reason I'm looking forward to the Itchen day is, the people that are going.
I've been fishing about two years and I love it, I can't believe how hard the fishing bug has bit.
So I can't wait to spend the day with you lot, cos I've heard that your all pretty good at fishing and I'm hoping that some of that will rub off on me.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Jeff

I don't expect to catch anything at the Itchen, I'm going so I can learn trotting from the best!!.......and if I do happen to catch, well it'd be a bonus....I'm really looking forward to fish with you guys, the ones I already met and the ones I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
There are some fine anglers going on this one. Also some lucky ones and best of all some fine lucky ones as well. I'll let you sort out who's who on the day.

Apart from the social side to the day, the Itchen is as good a river you could hope for to try something for a first time. The fish are not generally hook/line shy and quite like a maggot or two. However, good rivercraft and a bit of stealth will pay dividends.

Travel light and take your time. But more importantly, do what I'm going to do.....

......stick closely to Messrs. Nellist, Gaunt, Wintle et al and copy what they do!

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

Hi Claudia
I do, I always expect to catch.
When I go out fishing I'm always 100% sure I'm going to catch and try to stay positive, if what I'm doing does not work then I haven't got it right, or read it right and then try to change it.

Not that it matter's if I catch or not, I just can't help being really positive about fishing and a day on the river bank is always good for you.

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

That is exactly what I like about this site, Neil your spot on mate.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Jeff

You greedy (lucky) lol ;-).....I only been fishing for 8 months, so I have alot to learn, of course I hope to catch but wouldn't be too upset if I don't, as long as I learnt a few new things. ;-)

P

paul williams 2

Jeff.....you are already a long way to being a good angler........always expect to catch and when the going is tough, as it often is for ALL of us, look on any capture as a good day.........and when that red letter day presents itself you will be ready to maximise it!

Your turn at the bar init?.....you lot stayin over on the Sat, or headin home?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Cakey

I know hun but you got a couple of years more experience....I got alot to catch up with lol...but I'm prepared to neglect my children, work, social life (not that I have one lol)....to give in to my addiction to fishing :)