Rivert kennet Grayling Day 17th November 2007

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
J

Jeff Spiller

Breaking new's a 5lb Roach has been captured from the Lower Denford fishery !!!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Nigel, cheques been sent!

Jeff, if such a fish was at Denford, then approx 3/4 of its body would have been above the surface!

It's quite shallow there!

Either that or it was one of the spotted variety I couldn't avoid last year!

J

Jeff Spiller

More breaking new's a 22lb Barbel has been seen by Salmom angler's eating anything they chucked it. Some of the coment's heard were " who let that in " and " shoot it ".

If only there were a really good looking Barbel angler to catch it !!!

J

Jeff Spiller

As we speak Mr Lee ( good looking) swordy's and his mate Mr M ( f**king big roach ) Townsend are getting in a car and heading south ( with cheque in hand )

J

Jeff Spiller

Since joining a religious cult I have given up the apple juice.

Just trying to help Mr C .

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I think it was Matt & Cowho spotted a shoal of "decent" dace last year. Of course they may have been hallucinating but I'm still waiting to hear exactly where those dace were (are)??

It's a cracking little venue Jeff, you'll love it.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Turbo boots Gaunt I held your hand and told you where the dace lived. You just claim to have seen them!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

lol lol lol lol lol

YEAH RIGHT. You said they were Chublets , anyway, Matt should change his name to Linford!

I do recall, waltzing back, commenting on some big Dace i just spotted, you was away and would of given an F1 jet a run for its money, Matts right foot came out, tripped you up, he then dissapeared up the track in smoke!

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Yes but I knew a shortcut./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Last time I show you one of my speci pegs. I have heard those dace are all in your freezer (Top deadbaits)

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Anyway those of you going to Barton Court are having a dace fish in.

I flogged the place to death on Monday for stacks of dace with a fair few over 8oz, plenty of roach and only 2 grayling. One was smaller than a gudgeon!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Mike,

Is the carrier which runs in front of the main house up and running again?They were doing some work on it last timeI was there and had shut it down.There were always plenty of grayling in the stretch down from the first little bridge you cross when parking down by the main bridge.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Yes it looks very good now Nigel.

I only fished that carrier where it flows under the bridge. A nice roach and a dace came from the slack on the far side.

I never fished the upper half towards the canal bit or the carrier closest to the railway line. I had lots of fun in the first pool you get to from the main car park.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
The canal part holds some very good dace, a guy called Colin Johnson had a number of dace around 12ozs and 2 of 1lb from there.

He was feeder fishing with maggots in the feeder, bread on the hook, they would'nt take a moving bait.

One good pool is down from the main bridge, cross the sluice turn right, the run off there holds some good fish, watch out for the carp, and the crayfish.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I was told they electro fished that a few years ago Ray and there were somemassive dace.

The canal bit doesn't flow anymore (Not when I've been there) I've had a few roach out of it and seen a couple of decent pike.