Tired of being abused by know-it-alls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't see any valid reason why we should know his origins, whether he's from the UK or born in another country doesn't alter the fact he has troll like tendencies.

To that end,he has achieved his aim, to court controversy and get fellow members arguing amongst themselves.

He derides this forum, that's fine, go elsewhere.

swizzle

Reaction score
I can't see any valid reason why we should know his origins, whether he's from the UK or born in another country doesn't alter the fact he has troll like tendencies.

To that end,he has achieved his aim, to court controversy and get fellow members arguing amongst themselves.

He derides this forum, that's fine, go elsewhere.

I don't know what a troll is in all honesty, nor what the tendencies of them are. Whether those were his genuine aims or not will be a matter of opinion. His initial post and later posts are provocative, whether that was born out of frustration, or to simply get a rise out of people is a question only he can answer. I'd hope it was the former.

I for one wouldn't mind knowing his heritage as it will quash any question over his heritage. I do not believe anyone would be sad enough to pretend that they are foreign, just to get a reaction from the members. That may be naive of me, but I try to think the best of people.

tomino2112

Reaction score
I believe i have mentioned my nationality on this forum before so happy searching...

Crow - sorry there is no way im gonna read all that unless I need something to put me to sleep. Anyway you just go on and on about the same stuff so I am sure I get the idea.

Here is the selfie
bBx2OFn.jpg

I am sure that quite a few of you will know right away. Sorry had to omit my wife, you never know what kind of weirdos are around haha

thecrow

Reaction score
Crow - sorry there is no way im gonna read all that unless I need something to put me to sleep. Anyway you just go on and on about the same stuff so I am sure I get the idea.

Oh God I wont be able to sleep tonight, bye the way if that is you I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
That will do for me, you said you were a big bloke earlier and you look a bit foreign. And I think I can understand why some of your posts appear a bit inflammatory or not understood.. You can talk English, think English and write English but its not easy to learn those little inflections, humbleness, putting your deepest meanings across in a foreign language especially in writing no matter how well you learn it. We take that for granted, it comes naturally to most of us in our own language. So the way you explain things looks a bit odd to us.
I think I can also understand why you know so much about the law, it can work the other way when your in a foreign country and wish to be accepted, learn all the law to a fault, it can be overdone though and it becomes unnatural because in practice it does not happen much except by officials and lawyers so; we find it odd and begin to wonder what your about.
My only thought on your incident is would those blokes have confronted you if you had put the fish back, would they have confronted you just for being foreign!
Anyway, I don't really want to get in that argument as its been done already; I don t know if any of the above will mean anything to you, just my thoughts and sorry if I forced your hand with the selfie comment, I didn't expect you to and I feel sorry for that but good luck, hope things improve generally on the fishing.
One tip, don't kill any more coarse fish for any reason, legal or not, it just doesn't go down well or look good in this country irrespective of the legal position. Its a sort of ethics we have which you wont read in laws.

Last edited:

tomino2112

Reaction score
If that an ice hockey rink I don't know how spectators see where the puck is I try to watch it on tv but give up after 5 minutes

Just about me being a "big bloke" that really came across wrong. What I really meant is that I am not tiny ****** that people would feel confident to take on, but definitely not that I am some 6'5" bodybuilder.

Marg what you said actually does make a lot of sense and we do struggle as a family here in UK by being "too nice" and obedient whilst majority of people arent. Even though we live here many years and my son is pretty much British I am still afraid should we do something maybe just a bit shady we will be looked at /handled differently.

That being said though, what I did with the fish was because I genuinely believe that the rule is there for a reason and I do want to make sure that life in UK waterways improves

B

binka

As far as I can see, and I've re-read the entire thread to ensure I haven't missed anything, the guy has followed the letter of the law and was berated for doing so by a group of know no betters.

Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't and I for one can understand his frustration!

How many of us have come on here and 'vented' about a bad item of tackle, or a bum consumer deal?

I have.

Don't get me wrong I have my own prejudices, but I prefer to ignore nationality in favour of murderers, muggers, rapists, spongers and thieves of any origin and we have plenty of home grown specimens to choose from.

I'm under the impression that the op then consumed the fish which to me is a far less wasteful means of disposing of it than simply chucking it up the bank and a means of less wasteful living than the throw away society of today which leads to oceans full of plastic and God knows what other future nasties that our current bad habits have in store for us.

Far from berating him, I think it sets a rather sensible example.

If we're going to have a go at EE's for breaking UK laws then let's not cherry pick which ones suit us and which ones don't, and let's not get on the guy's back for following the law.

I aim that at no one other than those who berated him at the scene but if anyone thinks it might apply to them then that's fine.

I've returned Zander to the canal before and on several occasions, I broke the law which in my case makes ME, in the eyes of it, far worse than this guy who appears to have adhered to it in full.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have never caught a zander so I have not been in that situation, How many times have we seen Matt Hayes and Mick Brown
catch zander on the River Severn and return them in full view of the camera ? I think the main objections on the thread
stemmed from not the point of law, but the actual killing of the fish. I think if it was a crayfish that had been dispatched no one would have batted an eyelid. Yes you seem a big bloke Tomino, but don't be confrontational,but there again don't take any **** . There are people out there who will have a go whether singularly or in a group, you have a wife and kid to support and its not worth the hassle, believe me. As someone said don't knock any more fish on the head, return them even if the EA say its wrong, nature has a way of balancing things out, and like I said zanders mainly eat dead and dying fish so they are doing the eco system a favour.Go out and enjoy your fishing even if you have to change your venue. Or get a few likeminded of your countrymen who fish and form a group/club to "educate" the EE nationals on the UK way of fishing.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I too have never caught a Zander, none in the Great Stour down my way as far as I know.

I have caught a number of unlicensed sturgeon though, am I breaking laws putting them back?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I too have never caught a Zander, none in the Great Stour down my way as far as I know.

I have caught a number of unlicensed sturgeon though, am I breaking laws putting them back?

Some commercials have sturgeon in them, are they licenced ? I don't know, they may play dumb and say someone
must have put it in from their pond. I do know once they get to around 7 or 8lb they take a while to land. And those I have caught have been returned whether licenced or not.

B

binka

I can't say for certain but a fair amount of Sturgeon, in the weight range of 8lb - 22lb, suddenly started to appear in the middle reaches of the Trent a coupe of years ago.

There was a rumour, and I've never had it substantiated, that there was at the time an EA crackdown on certain stillwater fisheries and once word got out some of those fisheries removed them and that's how they found their way into the river.

That in turn leads me to believe they need to be licenced but again it's only a circumstantial guess.

Oddly enough, after that initial flurry of fish and of which some are substantiated and witnessed, all seems to have gone quiet with few reports of any coming out recently that I've heard of.

sam vimes

Reaction score

In a river, almost definitely. In a canal, probably, depends on the C&RT rules, but they are likely to be the same for all "invasive" species.
In a stillwater, the fish are considered to be the property of the owner. You'd be committing a criminal offence by knocking one on the head without the permission of the owner. However, the EA can order the removal of unauthorised stockings of invasive species into ponds, but it's not up to an individual angler to do it.

nottskev

Reaction score
I can believe, if you’re a serious angler from Central or Eastern Europe, that you get fed up with the flak you get from “EE's are all the same” stereotypers pre-judging you. It might make you annoyed enough to post about to it, to see what other anglers say. Maybe you’d like to see if real anglers have more broadminded views. Seems understandable to me, and need not be taken as trouble-making.

I don’t mind at all if an angler who has accidentally caught a zander, knows you’re not meant to return them in some contexts, and is prepared to have it cooked and eaten, takes a fish. I was married to a Russian, who knew how to cook delicious pike. I took one home from time to time. So what? Should I have been hassled by blokes with beer tins in their hands and accused of stirring up trouble? Most people here remain mildly surprised we don't eat what we catch; taking the occasional fish when allowed should scandalise no-one.

I do think an angler who has been abused for doing so by idiots who quite likely have no detailed understanding of the law and byelaws, has been attacked unfairly.
There may be, as has been said, an edge to their post; indeed, it questions our sense of fair-mindedness, tolerance, and, in some cases, superiority. And why not? Is that too much for us to handle? It should be possible to answer without resorting to the kind of abuse the poster is complaining about.

The original post made uncomfortable points. I didn’t, though, find anything in the poster’s messages which licensed the aggression and cynicism in some of the replies. People can and do disagree with each other on here. But this poster seems to have been treated with an especial degree of belligerence and suspicion, and I think we should ask ourselves why.

Philip

Reaction score
That's very unlike you, conjuring up names and bowling a personally aimed snide at someone whilst overlooking what could well be very genuine concerns irrespective of whether or not you agree with them :wh

What do we call you then?

'Carp Man'?

Complete with large triangular 'CM' logo emblazoned across a tightly fitting T shirt and matching tights?

Maybe we should do away with the utility belt and replace it with a rucksack containing a hundred weight of boilies and a portable aerator?

Not particularly nice, is it?

If you have an issue with the op's views then at least have the testicular fortitude to take argument with those views and offer some retrospective opinion, as many have done, instead of a flimsy attempt to ridicule him...

Otherwise it might just backfire on you.

Wow. Carrying a grudge & bad feeling from one thread over to another. Not so clever really is it.

You already gave me a name - "Troll" remember.

The saddest part of this is that it appears you have actually been saving up your bad feeling for just the right moment to launch an attack on me ! ...You covered all the bases, stick the knife in a few more times etc etc....Just one small detail spoils it – you forgot to mention the “:)” at the end of my post. ...Shame. & obviously not intentional, your far too nice and popular to stoop to that level I am sure.

Look I have a suggestion - if you want to carry it on that’s really fine with me but perhaps we should keep it to the other thread ? ….I’ll make a post there to give you a nice segway in & then you can reply if you like, or not, or just insult & ridicule me again and run off without answering any of the points made as you did last time. Totally up to you !

Another Dave

Reaction score
Try dying your hair grey and making yourself look a bit balder, you'll soon fit in here.

B

binka

Wow. Carrying a grudge & bad feeling from one thread over to another. Not so clever really is it.

You already gave me a name - "Troll" remember.

The saddest part of this is that it appears you have actually been saving up your bad feeling for just the right moment to launch an attack on me ! ...You covered all the bases, stick the knife in a few more times etc etc....Just one small detail spoils it – you forgot to mention the “:)” at the end of my post. ...Shame. & obviously not intentional, your far too nice and popular to stoop to that level I am sure.

Look I have a suggestion - if you want to carry it on that’s really fine with me but perhaps we should keep it to the other thread ? ….I’ll make a post there to give you a nice segway in & then you can reply if you like, or not, or just insult & ridicule me again and run off without answering any of the points made as you did last time. Totally up to you !

I really think this old 'What, me?' routine is wearing very thin now.

As far as insult and ridicule go then pot, kettle and black spring to mind so you can hardly play the victim given your form... If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

The sentiments I expressed were based purely upon your attitude towards the op in this thread, the fact that you supply so much ammunition to back up my sentiment is your own fault, as is your apparent paranoia.

If you're not deliberately setting out to ridicule or deride then I think you have a literary clumsiness somewhere on a scale between Frank Spencer and Mr Bean.

The point does however seem proven...

You don't like what you dish out.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Anyone who makes their wife walk around with a mask on saying "NO" has just got to be a bit dodgy. Why can't he make her wear a paper bag with holes torn out for the eyes like the rest of us?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.