Trout Fishing Day

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it fin and well done to your dad.

Had a good day myself but missed and lost too many fish.

Congrats to Morespiders, new name on the trophy.

Also thanks to Kevin with the sticky fingers.

Thanks to Chavender, he to count a close competion.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Are you sure it was carp slime Lord Paul?,looked like something completely different to me, perhaps when you sneezed?/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Nice to have met you Fin, and your dad, a fly found in the tree is worth six trout on the bank, remember that boy./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Thanks for counting Chav, and Kevin, always wanted one of those stickers/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Just home.

Another cracking day in good company. Plenty of fish for everyone.

Just wish i did not fish like a complete amatuer. Snapped of 3 times and missed so many on dryfly that i lost count.

Already looking forward to next year.

Forgot to say congratulation to morespiders. Well deserved.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Paul your greenish fly wasnt dipped in the special liquid, £12-00 a small bottle, plus£100 for the address/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Spiders - your right about the stuff on my trousers being the result of a sneeze - the trousers are now being tested for swine flu - the slime wasn't the result of holding a trout - I managed to blank all day and then catch 1 after the competition had ended - infact the catch was so late in the day it counts for next years match/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Sorry I had to leave early chaps.

Splendid day...really good to meet you all. As I write this I expect Neil is still bankside knocking out the fish.

Neil and Sean!!! What did you do? How did it happen?

Spiders victorious and with a fly that he's been kidding us was a little brown job all along !! (You didn't allow him to count the two he landed after the lunchtime whistle...you softies!!)

M'lud that orange jobbie is probably one of Spiders that I lost in my morning of comedic casting.

Looking forward to next year already, I'll be back - having learned to cast....and determined to add another trophy to go with the Furkham Hall Crystal Chalice .

Thanks to Chav for counting.

Poshers

Morespiders

Reaction score
I can assure you all ,I sat with Chavender and observed the dinner time ceasefire <blockquote class=quoteheader>Poshpaul (Angling Trust and PaSC) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

(You didn't allow him to count the two he landed after the lunchtime whistle...you softies!!)</blockquote>

Reaction score
A trophy well deserved - just think of the damage Spiders would have caused had he not been teaching me for the most of the morning...frightening. (Thanks for all of that Derek - I'll be out on the park this afternoon - hope I don't get mugged!!)

Did you get a chance ot have a go for that big one by the feederstream nr the car park?

Poshers

Morespiders

Reaction score
No dont get mugged, that greenish fly's worth thousands.

No didnt get chance for the feederstreem big one, had a job to do/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

I really enjoyed the day! Many thanks to Chavender for his time spent counting fish and congrats to Derek on his well deserved success.

The report is done and will be off to Graham when I've loaded the pics.

No names have been changed so the innocent are completely unprotected!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
God it's cold up North!

Fished again this morning - wind much stronger but still into the Dam wall - went back to the car for two more jumpers plus me winter waterproofs -managed to get about three yards of line out off thedam but had several more Blues as the "buzzers" became "wave hoppers".

Excellent trip well worth the journey. Congratulations to Derek for some impressive angling but I'm not too sure about the wagglermasterclass from Sean!

Good to meet a few more names from the site and apologies to those I ignored.

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Excellent trip well worth the journey. Congratulations to Derek for some impressive angling but I'm not too sure about the wagglermasterclass from Sean!

Good to meet a few more names from the site and apologies to those I ignored.

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Oh Neil, I wasnt going to mention it, your a cruel man, lets hope the absent Ron doesnt get to find out./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Nice to have met you at last

K

Kevin Perkins

Just to agree with the other comments that it was a good day all round. Sorry I had to rush off and miss the presentation, but well done to Derek on picking up the trophy.

I'm sure Sean will do a great report on the proceedings, but I think I might just add my own thoughts on the day's events........!

Reaction score
Neil,

What do you mean waggler fishing? When I saw him in the morning he was fishing two dog biscuit floaters stating they were bobs for two flies he claimed were underneath. So he resorted to waggler fishing in the afternoon!!!

Glad you enjoyed the Northern hospitality Neil......tell me does the sun still offer warmth down south; they've held me hostage up here for so long I've forgotten?

Poshpaul

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I thought it was "Morespiders" using the Chum Mixers, at least that's why I thought "Benson" (or was it the other one?) went in after his "fly". /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I could understand Sean's tactic but Bryan's took the biscuit (Ha.. see what I did there!) /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif. He was using TWO indicatorblobbie thingies some distance apart on the line. Maybe it's the same theory as using two rod tip indicators at night? In any event it didn't help toomuch did it Bryan? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

This morning was two or three overcoats colder on that dam wall, got wet from the spray and had the whole dam to myself (not suprising really) but the fish were still there!

You're all invited to the Southern Trout Day - shirt sleeves and shorts only:

Warm Weather Trouting

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
That was a north Deryshire heatwave, you southern types are just nesh.

/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

I had borderline sunburn when I got home, it's a good job I fetched my hat from the car when I did. Seriously, you have to be careful with no hair.

I once came home after a fishing trip with a red D shape from my baseball cap on the back of my head. It's wide brimmed hats all the way now.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I needed two neil to keep the worm just under the surface.

Whats this about it being cold. I nearly packed up the fishing to work on my tan.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it this year. I didn't get back from a 150 mile trip (to north Yorkshire as it happens, but couldn't stay over) until late Friday night and just wasn't fit enough to get up and drive back again. Thanks to EC for passing on my message that I couldn't make it.

Glad you all enjoyed it anyway, and congratulations to the winner - I'll never hear the last of it now when he picks me up from the Home for the Bewildered.

And he still owes me for the pinkies./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif