Trout Fishing Day

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
S

Shrek

Guys,

Really sorry but I'm going to have pull out of this, got a catch up day salmon fishing down on the Wye next Saturday.

Hope you have a great time though.

Shrek

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<u>Members Definitely Attending</u>

Graham Marsden

Mark Hewitt

Chavender (Catch Counter)

Gary Knowles

Sean Meeghan

Morespiders

PoshPaul

Lord Paul

Bryan Baron

Wobbly Face

Kevin Perkins

Wendy Perry

<u>RULES</u>/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif<ul>[*]Just start fishing when you get there.[*]Everything caught between 9.30am and12.30pm, and 2pm to 5pmwill count towards the trophy.[*]Make sure you report all fish caught to Chavender who will keep the score.[*]Angler with most trout caught wins.[*]Special prizefor anyone fishing next to Barney for more than 5 minutes[*]No booking been made but for those who want to we'll nip up to the usual pub for a meal at 12.30pm.[/list]

See you there!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the author of this thread might not be with you on the day due to a pressing engagement 'down under' but those (like me) who miss the old begger can take heart.

Simply go and buy this month's edition of Trout Fisherman, then turn to page 87 and there in full glowing technicolour is the old trout master himself, resplendent in his Barbour (look-alike) jacket and Walkerian hat.

If that isn't enough then turn the page for the 'mugshot' as well.

S

Sean Meeghan

Oh and those of you who are arriving via the M1 take note that there's a road closed in Chesterfield which might confuse your sat navs or scraps of paper.

Leave the M1 and follow the signs for Chatsworth House. Go through Chesterfield still following the signs for Chatsworth until you come to a Morrisons supermarket. Turn left at the roundabout (Walton Road) and stay on this road to a set of traffic lights at a T junction. Turn right here and you're on the road to Matlock. The fishery is signposted to the left after about4 miles.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I've been practicing - caught 2 rainbow trout on Saturday - first trout on the fly

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader> Lord Paul of Sheffield (DFKDFC) (SSDD) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I've been practicing - caught 2 rainbow trout on Saturday - first trout on the fly</blockquote>Not sure if that's the done thing, old boy. Don't want to be showing us chaps up in front of the other classes!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Wait till you see me thrash the water to a foam

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Well, the author of this thread might not be with you on the day due to a pressing engagement 'down under' but those (like me) who miss the old begger can take heart</blockquote>
Well Peter,with him not with us at least he can't cheat like he normally does

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
i've forgotten how to tie a fly, it's been that longer haha. Ah well will be a good day though. Really looking forward to it now. See you all Sat /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Is it too late to put my name down? My dad and I would love to come to this!"What normally happens is that the morning is free for people to fish" Is it really free fishing? As a physics student I always thought there was some fundamental universal law that prevents free fly fishing on stillwaters!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Please add me to the list as well.

I fancy a change of scenery and will be staying overnight (Sat) fairly locally and will probably give it a go on Sunday as well.

Looking forward to it.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Never to late ti join us.

There as been a change this year. See post from Graham at the top of the this page.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Boo hoo, Ive broke me rod. Tip and top eye broke off today after I slipped and fell.

Can I have special dispensation as I'll have to make do with another rod that would not be my first choice?

Also, if anyone is interested, I have a Preston rod holdall, 10 tube. Toothy Critter Pike landing net (only has a shortish handle) and a one off Midwater gigantic rod holdall. So big I can sleep in it. I can bring them on Saturday and if anyone is interested then you can make a donation to Cakey's Aution.