A.T. today

CAT

Reaction score
Just read through this thread and like Blam said the Barbel Society are coming across like a right bunch of trouble causing bully's and if thats what there all about then they can keep the BS, so based on this i have decided im starting my own society, its going to be called,

"If It Swims Catch It Society", IISCIS.

I will be taking subscriptions from today all you need to join is a picture of yourself with a Stickle Back or minnow, im not fussy, then your in.

T

Tony Rocca

Nigel,
Thank you, glad you got there in the end. Nor have I.

CAT,
I cant see for the life of me what this has to do with the BS but your new society sounds good.

CAT

Reaction score
Sorry meant BRAS, deliberate typing error just thought id take some heat off Bob and the lad at the A.T. lol

J

john ledger

I like it Cat i like it,
Did i ever tell you about those two blondes who wanted to hold my rod end

T

Tony Rocca

Ah, BRAS, now your talking, very secret society, cost a fortune to join but still the membership grows by the week, some weeks more than others depending on the MIGHTY ones activities.

Bit hard on the joints though, all that kneeling and chanting whilst facing Doncaster 5 times a day.

CAT

Reaction score
lol @ Tony, Pardon my ignorance on this one, im not up on all the different society's Tony but what does BRAS actually stand for and whats your society's ethos or mission statement?

Guessing here, Barbel Related Angling Society

Close but no cigar?

Beecy

Reaction score
Good Idea Cat ( would a photo of me with my PB bleak get me in?)

The IISCIS could have its own stretch, maybe just below the top 27 pegs at Hazelford?

CAT

Reaction score
Beechy, thanks for your application but rules are rules cant have anyone showing off with a P.B. Bleak on thier membership card photo, lol, its got to be a Stickle Back or Minnow for 2006, but we will change it each year and seeing as your the first one to apply next year its your choice, hows that.

"If It Swims Catch It Society" IISCIS

Join Today!

You Know it makes Sense.

Beecy

Reaction score
sounds fair enough Cat, but I'm at a distinct disadvantage here, I'm relatively low paid and no way can I afford the amount of pre-baiting required on my local dam to tempt the minnows or backs.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
CAT, if it's minnows, I'm your man!

I had a minnow baggin session on the Throop last Sunday, I had three witnesses to my astounding achievement.
Mark Wintle was amazed at my minnow skills!

How about it? I've never been a member of such an illustrious association.

J

john ledger

If you lived a bit nearer Cat i would invite you round to watch me tying hooks its exciting i can promise you that.
I place the loop around the wifes ear and tie the hook with my hook tyer,when i get going at pace i place another loop on the other ear so i can tie two at once

K

Keith Truscott

Hi Lee,

Yes remember it well, have a pint or two or maybe 3-4-5, then buy copius quantities of manky maggots from the caravan outside. The roach, chub and occasional Barbel landed from both upstream and down were beyond today's comprehension. Fshing used to be superb in those day's. Rolleston, Fiskerton and Hazelford were a fishing dream then. Thankfully those days are starting to return.

One worry though Lee is my other half who comes from Newark used to frequent that den of iniquity about the same time as you, good job she can't swim then eh!

Next time I'm up that way will contact you to see if your about as we still go to Newark quite a bit, Trent Bridge to see the slashing of the willow and number 2 son lives right next to the forest ground.

Hope your getting a few monsters as its perfect at the mo. My sticks are just about to make more room for the golf clubs in the garage.

Keith

PS:Will not comment on the antics of this thread as they, as you know are all friends of mine, Bob included. If only they could see how stupid they make themselves look and the damage some are doing to the thing they try to promote and project.

Keith

J

john ledger

Cat
Click onto photo gallery and search Johns Big Un (no kidding) Tell me if i am in

CAT

Reaction score
We can have our first fish-in at Somersal River,Chesterfield. Starting with Minnows on maggot progressing to Stone Loach with hands competition, that will sort the men from the boys, lol

"Minnows today Marlin tomorrow the World is our Lobster"

"United we stand divided we Fish"

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear Keith,

Not all the girls could swim as I recal?

Totally agree with the PS Keith.

Regards,

Lee.

B

Big Rik

"This appeared in anorther thread by Paul Owen and as it's the same topic, I've pasted it here, because I'm very, very bored of the lack of proper barbel topics. Rik"

Ok I have this evening spoken with Steve Stones from A.T and he informs me that he cannot recall wether Bob did indeed mislead him, it is not in his notes. All that can be said is he got the information from Bob and it was mixed up somehow, somehow he was misinformed??

However he is willing to hold his hands up and take the rap for the mistake and an apology from him will appear it A.T next week.

Now then Bob,
You and I have been at logger heads since you wrote the derogatory article back in summer (Mr Angry) in which you personally abused me. I still stand by the statement: "We are barbel anglers not carp anglers". That means we are fishing for barbel and not carp, there is no more to read into it than that so before you start to twist the words round then don't bother.

Now it is the start of a new year and I feel time to forget the past. What has gone has gone. Would you like to wipe the slate clean and have a fresh start? I know I would. So I would like to say, " if you have been offended by some of my comments in the past then I would like to apologise here and now".

You have personally abused me in the past. You started it so let's finish it here.

Now are you man enough to apologise too?

dhigg001

Reaction score
Blimey away from work since 5 last night, get back in, switch on computer, log on to this site and hey presto we're still at it. It's a good start to the morning. Still IT'LL BRIGHTEN AN OTHERWISE DULL DAY IN THE OFFICE.

Beecy

Reaction score
Paul, our lass has stopped watching Emerdale & eastenders, now she tunes in to the latest BR vs TR soap opera instead, she says its far more entertaining.

dhigg001

Reaction score
We've got our own soap opera here. Hits, or is that viewing figures are nearly as high.