Angling Times

• Thread starter John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.
  • Start date

honslow

Reaction score
I'm gonna love it when you choke on your own rhubarb in a few month's time John. And believe me, I'll love rubbing it in! Absolutely love it!

Yes Mick, people are definitely listening (though not to John's rhubarb - mostprefer apple intheir crumble!).

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Good reply Greg old chum

Rhubarb and apple crumble -mmmmmmmmmm

What are your views on the vertical bacon Greg?

Tally Ho

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Whta ho - another top reply Greg - if you meant it -if you're not sure what I mean look up VIZ website and in the PROFANASUARUS type in vertical bacon - you may get a surpirise

Tally Ho

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Na, nay wayGregman. They divant grow it up here.

You had a sneaky look then /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I had some wonderful times in the rhubarb sheds of Alverthorpe, especially on a Sunday after chapel. Made a man of me, so to speak. I often wonder what happened to Pauline Appleyard /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Divant worry bonny lad, I have a broad back andthick skin. And I won money boxing...6d under the dormitory light at the Wakefield schools seaside school at Hornsea in 1955

J

Rhubarb and sliced vertical bacon I believe. Oh. and something about the new all singing all dancing A.T. web site. Thenas usual, Greg had to get personal.

J

Curly Watts (Corrie) comes to mind.

Me, I'm just a big 'knocker'

T

The Monk

eerr just run that thing about the big knockers past me again John?

J

Ah ah, that caught your attention Monk. Sorry to disappoint; it is to the image of the Durham Cathedral Sanctuary Door Knocker I refer. If it had been me I've only got one these days anyhow /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gifI suppose it would fit though, singular /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Pauline Appleyard, now that's a different tale.

As for Snobs Knobs...I just can't imagine who that could refer to.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

John.

I watched a programme the other night on local history, and Lions heads door knockers etc. The design was believed to come from the Cheshire Cat.

I borrowed this -:

Heraldry:
The cat could have been derived from Cheshire's early heraldry; the arms of the first Earl of Chester were inscribed with the Lions of England, for example. Lions were common in heraldic designs, and medieval artists were often required to depict snarling lions — animals they had never set eyes on. What they came up with often looked remarkably like grinning cats.

J

Possibly Baz, Durham Cathedral was started towards the back end of the 9th Century by the Normans, and it/they have dominated the area ever since.

There was a very interesting BBC TV programme on a couple of months ago, Horrible History, where the presenter suggested it and the Castle should be knocked down. I can sympathise in some respect as nothing ever happens in the City without the OK of the powers that be. (The Bishops Palace) The Prince Bishops are alive and well.

God, (forgive me Lord) my angling club can't even trim a bush on the river bank without their say so. All 'Private Fishing' or similar signage has to be positioned ... err so it cant be seen.

And I still think the AT site is ...p

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Note the Norman conection in the text. 2nd paragraph on Sir William.

T

The Monk

watched a programme the other night on local history, and Lions heads door knockers etc. The design was believed to come from the Cheshire Cat.

I find historic knockers fasinating Baz, the BBC should put more knocker programmes on the telly, what are we paying our licence fees for anyway???

T

The Monk

yeah good point Merv, lets get this interesting knockers thread over to bait box