Big Swordsy's Michael Jackson Memorial Trent Fish-in...Shamoan!!!Whoohoooo!

Reaction score
Another Update

Definately, we'll be there:
Lee Swords
Matt Corker
Lord Paul
Granville Marsdin and his BRAND NEW FM CAPS
Paul Howarth
Paul B
Mark Hewitt (Captain Trousers)
Grumpy Gary
Geoff Cowen
Sean Meeghan

Interested, but missing in action:
Nigel Connor
Krian + the bread knife
Bryan Baron

I'm not coming, I'd rather fish a commercial puddle:
Muffin

I'm not coming because I do not have any 6oz flies:
Neil Maidment

I'm not coming because I'm not very assertive at work:
Critter and his crazy ass stuff

I'm not coming because I have Pneumonia:
Posh Paul

Not welcome:
MoreSpiders (owing to his insistance on f*****g stupid rules)

So, who else is up for it?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Posher - what do the quacks know!!

Sitting in a field next to the Trent and sleeping in a draughty tent and eating Aldi tins of beans and sausages is just the thing to clear up a bit of a sniffle.
If it was good enough for the King's own trouser press regiment in the Somme then its good enough for you.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
For those attending the fish in, since Spiders isn't coming here is a quick run down of the rules:
No more than 6 barbel to be retained in keepnets at any one time
Anyone caught diving to try to gain a penalty will receive a automatic 2 match ban
Anyone caught using fake blood capsules for the purposes of blood injures will be sent home
Anyone caught deliberately crashing their F1 Renault car to alter the result will be fined £500000
If there is any gender doubts over a FM's a simple "Toilet seat up or down" test will apply
If the fish in goes in to "Time added on" the fish in will continue until someone from Man Utd lands the winning fish

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Sean, I'm planning on fishing the lower field - the pegs in the thirties - where I can park right close.

Three reasons - I'm lazy, I can keep an eye on my car, and, we'll all be able to get on fairly close pegs for social reasons.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Sounds good Paul the lower field it is.

M'lud, I run an F1 hybrid which is fueled by pellets. Will I be able to crash it to gain an advantage?

I only intend to catch one barbel which will weigh approximately 23lb. Will this be OK in my 1970s 4ft knotted keepnet?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Sounds good Paul the lower field it is.

M'lud, I run an F1 hybrid which is fueled by pellets. Will I be able to crash it to gain an advantage?

I only intend to catch one barbel which will weigh approximately 23lb. Will this be OK in my 1970s 4ft knotted keepnet?

Sean - you ahve been noted for vote rigging in previous fish in and any phone vote in which you cathc a 20lb chub will be very closely looked at

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Here it is. Just turn left by the village green, follow the first sign for the river Trent. Take the track just before tall hedge and houses after about 2 miles.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

It's the road you can see on the map going down to the river. Drive upstream along the flood bank until you come to a fence. Park here and find a swim.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Link.

Those are the pegs Cakey, you can drive down to them along the track that runs north, straight out of the top centre of picture.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Too slow again.

Carlton Ferry Lane then left at the farmy place into the fields.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Paul, it certainly used to be - for the big gravel barges - it doesn't look like it's used any more on the Google Earth images.

Last edited:

Paul B

Reaction score
much clearer pic on google maps than mutimap. Obviously used a proper zuiko lens and not a cheapo nikkor one :D:D:wh

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
I see no cattle or sheep are close by so maybe the rat catcher can come after all :) They're not nicking my bait or eating my face!

Cakey

Reaction score
ok cheers all.................
Ive got half of Seans number ,how long will it take to guess the rest :D:D:D

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I've just discovered my coarse gear in the corner of the cupboard! Very tempted to change my mind and make the trip after all. Might not be able to sort it out until Friday but will now probably be there early on Saturday. Got no bivvy, just a brolly and chair but might kip overnight in the car! If I do, I'll aim for the area you guys are talking about.

I think the last time I fished the Trent, it was at Burton Joyce in a National!!!

:confused: