Buggeration

rob48

Reaction score
Many of my waters are accessible to the public, to the adjoining landowner or his livestock through rights of way, bridle paths , over stiles, through open / unlocked gates etc. Canals are served by towpaths used by walkers, cyclists and runners. Common sense should prevail. I’m going and if I’m stopped by a copper and fined I’ll give my Hardy rods to charity. The coppers couldnt stop an illegal rave in a field with noise levels resembling Glastonbury so have no chance finding me let alone engaging and winning an esoteric argument about interpretation of the lockdown regulations if they are passed unaltered and without clarification. If the last5 years are anything to go by for early winter , I won’t see a living thing and that goes for the fish too.
Problem I have is that some of the stretches I fish are covered by Derbyshire police. I'm sure people can recall how they performed last April, dying the water in lagoons and arresting hikers, among other nonsense.

mikench

Reaction score
I do and were they not castigated for it. At least this lockdown is not total across the board removal of all rights we hold dear.

rob48

Reaction score
Indeed they were, but it didn't seem to put them off. Think I'll see what happens tomorrow before making plans. It's typical that the rivers (well, the Trent anyway) seem to be settling down for a couple of weeks!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
It seems clear enough to me. Fishing is ok, It’s ok with 1 mate too but fishing matches are not and don’t drive vast distances to do it. I really don’t see golf as being fundamentally that different so why it’s not allowed is beyond me. Unless somebody ( govt, AT, my clubs) says “ no fishing” I will continue to go....unless it’s wet Of course. It might force me onto waters nearer home that I ought to fish more than I do ....and that’s a good thing.

rayner

Reaction score
Match fishing is on the back burner until further notice. Travel I thought was to be don't travel to a place in a higher tier.
Clubs can stay open or close it's up to them.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Night fishing is allowed,
Cafes on commercials can only do take away
Pleasure fishing allowed on commercials that stay open but no matches.
Some tackle shops doing click and collect possibly one in shop at a time, or like one near me, pay for bait over the phone and its bagged up on shelf near the door ready, give name as get to shop and collect bait.
Go Outdoors open as usual from what I have heard.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
It makes sense to stay as local as you can and certainly not to cross into another tier. TBH I can cope without it if I have to but it would be nice to be able to go should I so wish.....if only to get away from the idiots next door for a bit.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
All waters will be closed with no fishing allowed. This includes; course, sea and game. How do I know this? Well I’ve just received my club cards for the new club I’ve joined and stocked up on; lures, jigs and spinner baits. If that doesn’t put the mockers on it I will be very much surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rob48

Reaction score
It makes sense to stay as local as you can and certainly not to cross into another tier. TBH I can cope without it if I have to but it would be nice to be able to go should I so wish.....if only to get away from the idiots next door for a bit.
Are there still tiers within a national lockdown, or have I got that wrong?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Are there still tiers within a national lockdown, or have I got that wrong?

I don't think so Rob as it is a National lockdown then all regions are being treated the same.

From what I gathered from PMQ's today after December 2nd then a tier approach may well be adopted again.

rob48

Reaction score
I don't think so Rob as it is a National lockdown then all regions are being treated the same.

From what I gathered from PMQ's today after December 2nd then a tier approach may well be adopted again.
Thanks, that was my interpretation, so you can't cross into another one.

Reaction score
Dont know how the whole thing works,are the police going to stop every car asking where your from and where your going,unless they just use anpr to see where the car is registered....

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Oddly enough I was stopped on Monday by the police in a spot check in East London. I used to get stopped quite regularly by TFL when I was cabbing, but this was in my private car. It wasn’t a drama they just checked my driving license. They did ask where I had been, where I was going and the purpose of my journey. If it makes me less likely to be hit by an uninsured driver or helps deter terrorists then I don’t see why anyone would have a problem. Unusually I didn’t have any fishing gear in the boot, imagine getting nicked for carrying illegal fishing gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve2

Reaction score
Night fishing is allowed,
Cafes on commercials can only do take away
Pleasure fishing allowed on commercials that stay open but no matches.
Some tackle shops doing click and collect possibly one in shop at a time, or like one near me, pay for bait over the phone and its bagged up on shelf near the door ready, give name as get to shop and collect bait.
Go Outdoors open as usual from what I have heard.
After reading all this I assume the government as decided that commercials fisheries are an essential business.
And that all the every other businesses they have shut and put people out of work are not.
Strange but it appears to be true.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Fishing could possibly come under exercise and helping mental health,
Go Outdoors seems to be classed as essential business do to it selling cycles, ( also sells fishing tackle, so if run short you know where to go)
Home Bargains is another essential business due to it selling a selection of food,
Seems to be a case of win some lose some business wise.