Centerpins fish in where when??

Alan Roe

There appears to be some of us who thinnk that it might be a good idea for a bit of a get together and fish in somewhere at some point in the near(ish) future so that we can share ideas and learn from each other.
I would like to know how many are interested and to thrash out a venue that is roughly central to us all.
If you are interested in this idea please let me know via this thread.

A

Andrew Miller

Count me in. I am a self taught angler and badly needs someone to irons out all my mistakes! I live in Leicestershire.

C

Carp Angler

same as Andrew, except for the bit about Leicestershire.

D

Dan Wellington

I,d certainly consider it as it sounds a great idea, depends where/when (Beds)

P

paul williams

How about a winter grayling session on a midland venue??

A

Alan Cooper

Count me in as always interested. Very over-worked at present, but I'd like to be in there. East London.

Alan Roe

If its all right with everyone plan to leave this thread open untill next Monday to give everyone a chance to see it and respond too it then I will attempt to sort out an appropriate venue and date I welcomw any suggestions on this!!!:)

S

sean archer

i am always looking to improve my fishing skills, so you can count me in.
i live in hereford

G

Goose Ganderton

Im up for it Alan Im in need of a good teacher to help me master the "Pin" Im down in Whitstable Kent.

N

Neal Cooper

Count me in...I'm new to the coarse fishing game, but am an experienced South African rock and surf sea angler in need of a fresh water teacher. I'm in Surrey

Alan Roe

I feel that in order to give everyone best chance of attending we should aim for somewhere in the midlands.
I suggest the Severn around Bewdley/Bridgenorth with a possible date around the mid /end November.
Has anyone any other suggestions/ comments.
Cheers
Alan
><))))'>

P

Phil Jones

Alan, just got back into the course fishing after a two year break and an attempt at fly fishing, would most definately be interested. Am from Barnstaple in North Devon.

C

Carp Angler

Are we going to firm up a date and venue for this???????????

Alan Roe

Yes I am in the process of asking everyone where they would like to go thats roughly central to us all see my post above I was thinking of a date mid/end November.
I am hoping that others might add their suggestions soon then we can crack on
Cheers Alan

G

Goose Ganderton

Alan any time during November is good for me as im self employed I am not worried about what day/s it is and a midlands location would be fair to neveryone. As I have not fished in this area befor I will leave this up to those with a greater knowledge of the venues.

S

sean archer

just a thought or two
a, who will be teacher, perhaps someone knows an expert
b, an top notch water where we can all catch double figure barbel and 6lb + chub
c, b+b for the long distance travellers
d, perhaps getting say j w young and co, etc involved (good publicity)
i for one would be prepared to pay a fee to any chosen charity for what i feel will be a fun and educational day
sean

P

paul williams

Sean, wot about a 3lb roach each to!!or do you think i'm expecting too much? come on mate, a water you describe i know not!!!!

S

sean archer

well i must admit the river wye is a good choice, but i am biased as i live in hereford. joking aside the red lion stretch of water produced barbel to 14 lb and chub to 5.5 lb last weekend. 2 weeks ago belmont golf course stretch produced for one lucky person barbel to 12.5 lb and a venue record chub of 7 lb 2 oz. both these waters are day ticket and belmont even has a small hotel.
and before you ask i'm not getting a back hander
sean

P

paul williams

Sean! i knew Two Seans from the big H, one was mad and wore a funny jacket and the other wore a beige beret, come to think of it they were both mad! are you one of them!or are you John Bailey trying to sell the Red Lion?