Centerpins fish in where when??

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Sean I am aware that the Wye is very beautiful and contains a lot of fish but it is a bit out of the way and the Red Lion stretch is well out of the way for most folks that have responded to this thread you may have noticed that there are people from the south east who are interested I am in the North West.
This is to some extent why I suggested the Severn as It can be fairly easily reached via the motorway network and there are either the town lengths for e.g. Bewdley that are free or BAA lengths that can be day ticketed at ?3 per day.
In respect of teaching I will bring the skills of Wallis casting which is the fine art of long distance casting of the centerpin and a few tips on trotting and other bits and pieces I am hoping that others will bring their skills with them.
The idea is as was stated in the title of the thread for us all to share and to teach those who as yet have no knowledge of fishing in this way.
You will probably be supprised how much expertise there is between us all.
To return to the theme of where we should do it I am open to suggestions I anticipate that there will be around 15-20 of us to accomodate..SO if anyone has any good ideas as to a central location that can accomodate this number Please post it on here in the next couple of days
Cheers Alan

S

sean archer

i leave the choice of the venue to the collective.
look forward to seeing you all soon

sean

G

Goose Ganderton

Alan are we getting any closer to firming up a date for your centre pin day as I'm very keen to stick a date in my diary. I have just been given a Relum pin which looks a lot like the Swallow pin but it has no line guard , would you know if I can get one fitted anywhere as Relum have told me they do not make one.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
I will be able to sort out a date once I get back to work and find out my shift pattern for the next few weeks this should be in the next couple of days.
My feelings re venue as I have not been overwhelmed is that we should meet at the tackle shop in Bewdley which is right on the river bank by the bridge in the morning and we can either fish the town lengths or get day tickets for some other stretches from the tackle dealer.
Re your reel I dont know anyone that makes line guards specifically though a local precison engineering shop should be able to as it is not rocket science is it??.....However spend some time with me before you do it and I will show you why I never use them

A

Alan Cooper

Sounds as best a reasonable compromise location as you'll be able to find Alan. Not that I know that neck of the woods at all - have never fished the Severn! I pray that you'll choose a day when I can go!

The Relum is a good reel Goose - for all intents and purposes (direct Chinese copy)it is a Swallow! Overall, I prefer line guards to not - but see what Alan has to offer first!

J

John toohey

If it is going to be the Severn at Bewdley then as the weather is getting cooler now the big roach will be moving in.Stan Lewis who runs the tackle shop also runs the bed and breakfast and caters for anglers.Last year the prices were ?11-00-?12-50 pp per night.

C

Carp Angler

Would it be better to get in a mid-weeker?
I know these sort of well known spots can get v.busy at the weekends.

P

paul williams

Carp is right, these are some of my own haunts and they can get crowded at weekends, it may pay to contact a club with a view to booking the stretch if it has to be a weekend.

A

Alan Cooper

Midweek is definitely out (I think) for me, but this has got to be a general compromise proposition and if midweek is favoured - my blessings! (Maybe I am turning into a vicar - as Sedge seems to suspect!). I shall still try to go. John's remarks about big roach and cheap B&B is interesting as is Paul's idea of possibly trying to book a club stretch. If I do go, and if at all possible, I shall float fish anyway.

P

peter webber

Alan.
The 26th nov is ok for me, BUT where are we fishing?

A

Alan Cooper

The 26th Nov is definitely a good possibility for me. Day after my birthday - so I MUST catch!

N

Neal Cooper

The 26th is fine with me..if I can all the tackle and bait required.

G

Goose Ganderton

Alan the 26 is good for me but do you think we should wait a little before setting a date so we can see what is happening with the rivers what with all this flooding at the moment.

C

Carp Angler

The 26th is ok, knowing the unpredictable weather in this country lately, we can finalise one or two days before.
Is it still Bewdley area?
Are we going to pre-book a stretch?

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Rik I think that given the present circumstances it would be a very good idea to finalise on the 24th so if everyone could log on then we can do that.
I am reluctant to pre book an area as deposits would be required and We poor nurses cant afford to lay out a load of hard earned on deposits and then have only a few turn up on the day..

C

Carp Angler

What about some sponsorship?
I hear that G.Marsden Ltd have surplus funds.......

P

peter webber

Very good idea carp, how about groundbait, bait and maybe some prizes for the best catch etc.....We can dream hahaha------(*}}}}<