Lower Itchen Fishery - FM Fish'in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
My thoughts as well Roger. Over the last many years we've booked larger groups and have had access to the upper beats. I for one, love it up there especially when trying out Roger's lovely "roach" rod, very tippy, and hooking a silver tourist of quite decent proportions!

Those foreign type floats will work! The really big grayling I had a few years back fell to a heavily overshotted bit of balsa severely held back!

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Hot brew with something in it...great, I will bring the something in it if required.

And someone said....

Plus there is always the Swan if things get really desperate

A BBQ. sounds great.

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
If it's OK then Peter please include Kevin for me, If Windy arrives on cue then there's plenty of time to catch before the Tsunami hits

Sad but true.... touche monsieur pussycat* !

Tho if I sneak out really really early this once maybe I can catch the weather Gods napping this once :rolleyes:

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
See you about lunch time then................;)

As early as that ? Oh well...we'll get a few hours in before Fimbulwinter arrives.

BTW I move to ban all Carruso type lollipop float things and/or anything remotely continental sounding as unconstitutional. Proper floats only...and that means those adorned with stupid feathers are banned :w

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
As early as that ? Oh well...we'll get a few hours in before Fimbulwinter arrives.

BTW I move to ban all Carruso type lollipop float things and/or anything remotely continental sounding as unconstitutional. Proper floats only...and that means those adorned with stupid feathers are banned :w

Bu66er! Just been sticking kingfisher feathers on my flatties.

mick b

Reaction score
S-Kippy; BTW I move to ban all Carruso type lollipop float things and/or anything remotely continental sounding as unconstitutional. Proper floats only...and that means those adorned with stupid feathers are banned :w[/QUOTE said:
With thoughts like that I am beginning to think you are a member of Traditional Fishing Forum ...........and I was banned from that just for questioning the 'owner' publicly!

LIF
Anything is allowed as long as it doesn't contravene the Fishery rules.
As visitors please note that no wading and no worms are two of them.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Peter, will Lindsay be allowing fishing on the top section this year? I know we've had permission as a group some time back, but I've never been allowed when fishing in one's and two's.

I will ask her this week as I have to call now to add one more anyway.

In the "good old days" we used to get use of the lodge as well for bacon butties and tea and coffe but that was stopped a few years back.

If I can get down there I'll try to arrange a little something* for brekkie, no promises mind . . . . . . . . .

* note, this only applies if you are not a veggie, a vegan or some other blooming nuisance who cannot consume a bacon or sausage sarnie . . . . . . .

[insert smiling thingie > > > HERE]

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
With thoughts like that I am beginning to think you are a member of Traditional Fishing Forum ...........and I was banned from that just for questioning the 'owner' publicly!

Me ? Not likely.....I just think floats should look like floats not spoons and the best place for kingfisher feathers is on a kingfisher.

mick b

Reaction score
Best place for a breakie is up the hill at the Haskins Garden Centre cafe, so good even the locals use it!

Yes I agree S-Kippy especially with the feathers :confused:

Floats should do the job intended, nothing less or more, to make them into some sort of 'Folk Art' :eek:mg: is certainly not for me.

We on our little island haven't improved the float since Walton's time with the exception of perhaps the stick and ducker.
Im prepared to accept that these flat floats might look nothing like those we are used to, but they have taken float fishing to an advanced level, and in the right situations they really are superb fish catchers.

barbelboi

Reaction score
The fluted float worked well and was highly regarded in certain conditions for people who could get on with it, seemed to disappear out of sight though.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I've never tried a flattie on a rod before but they certainly work for me on the pole. I'll probably use what I used last year, a crowquill and balsa topper float made by our own George 387...

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
PJ wrote

* note, this only applies if you are not a veggie, a vegan or some other blooming nuisance who cannot consume a bacon or sausage sarnie . . . . . . .

You will of course be reported to the Moderators for that outrageously bigotted view.

Peta's Pal.

And we will be on the look out for fur coats, leather boots etc and anyone who's pristine, once a year, reely round thing is encased in a leather multi grained case will have it confiscated.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Koreans have recently brought out their own vegetarian version of an instant snack. It's called Not Poodle................................

mick b

Reaction score
Re; breakfast.

If you guys are serious about wanting breakfast, I'm prepared to deliver it to you on the bank if Haskins will do take-outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.